You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shelvey

jsims

If Allen was a key part of the team that almost won the title then by that logic Aly Cissokho was also a key part of that team. As for the Wales Euro's qualification thingy, someone should give Allen a medal for being the 3rd or 4th best player for Wales.

He's been Wales most vital player in this campaign

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/belgium-0-0-wales-liverpool-star-8118609

Who would've guessed playing first team football has developed him into a decent player

Regardless, he's still not good enough for us. But saying that, most of our CMs are average and aren't good enough

Bottom line really. 

Shelvey strikes me as a bit of a lazy bastard too with an attitude, he always turns it up against us which in itself pisses me off, if he'd played like that for us he might have kept a place. He's stunningly immobile though. 

We over-paid for Allen and his lack of goals and assists is disappointing, but his role in the team is obvious for anyone that pays attention and doesn't have one eye on their keyboard and one on the match.

You can tell who doesn't actually watch him/us properly, they're usually talking about how he's too weak on the ball and constantly getting out-muscled. Two things that actually rarely happen if you watch. If you look back at our best performances under Rodgers, Allen is usually present.

The biggest problem, bar his lack of goals and assists, is the fact he's always getting injured when he hits good form. When he's fit, he's a valuable member of the squad.

I was discussing Allen with someone on twitter a few weeks ago and he was saying the true test of a football fan is how they judge Allen, like me and others he views him as a top player.

Injuries are really fucking him over lately but if he can get his fitness back and get in the team he will do very well this season, a midfield of hendo, Allen and Milner has a lot of energy and teams will struggle to dominate possession against them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was discussing Allen with someone on twitter a few weeks ago and he was saying the true test of a football fan is how they judge Allen, like me and others he views him as a top player.

Majestic stuff.

I really hope you're doing this on purpose. It's an excellent character if so.

• Upvote 11

Injuries are really fucking him over lately but if he can get his fitness back and get in the team he will do very well this season, a midfield of hendo, Allen and Milner has a lot of energy and teams will struggle to dominate possession against them.

Neil-Patrick-Harris-as-Barney-Stinson-in

• Upvote 6

Majestic stuff.

I really hope you're doing this on purpose. It's an excellent character if so.

I didn't say I agreed with him but there is some truth in what he says as I find it hard to understand how some fans don't see Allens qualities.

On this site where fans have made their mind up about BR and don't like certain players it may seem funny but there are fans who have different opinions, I've seen fans pissing themselves about fans saying the club are the ones trying to keep Sakho and not Rodgers but fans who dislike him seem to want to believe there's some truth in it.

I didn't say I agreed with him but there is some truth in what he says as I find it hard to understand how some fans don't see Allens qualities.

On this site where fans have made their mind up about BR and don't like certain players it may seem funny but there are fans who have different opinions, I've seen fans pissing themselves about fans saying the club are the ones trying to keep Sakho and not Rodgers but fans who dislike him seem to want to believe there's some truth in it.

Inception was easier to grasp than that post.

• Upvote 5

I wouldn't say fans who don't rate Allen don't have no football knowledge but when I see some making out he is shite I do question it.

People may be laughing at my opinions on here but elsewhere people are laughing at opinions which are accepted as true on here.

Also when I was talking about superstitions a few weeks ago and people were taking the piss, I remember the season we finished second there was a superstition where WhiskeyJar would start match threads for good luck which a lot went along with so it's not as crazy as some are trying to make out.

• Downvote 1

Russ you've made the mistake of trying to apply logic where there is none. You've entered JP server dimension 4 where down is up and up is down, the boundaries you thought exist are gone, logic cannot be applied linearly here. 

four_d_cap.png

JP Server Dimension 4 

Inhabitants - 3 (JP, moof, cuppatea) 

Religion - Bredanianity

Criticism of Joe Allen is perceived as a grave offence in server dimension 4 because it infers criticism of his holiness Brendan Rodgers which is totally unacceptable and punishable only by being blocked on Facebook. Being blocked on Facebook is the worst possible punishment in server dimension 4, much more severe in fact than death itself.

The second most severe punishment is receiving a sarcastic comment from moof, the overseer of server dimension 4. You can receive this by inferring any of the players Brendan Rodgers signed are not good enough, unless of course Brendan Rodgers doesn't rate the player in question anymore, in which case he is right and the player can be critiqued at your leisure. 

The least severe punishment in server dimension 4 is a dogged refusal to accept anything to the contrary of the Brendan Rodgers world view is correct, thats usually reserved for first time offenders only.

• Upvote 5

[quote name="stringvest" post="4254619" timestamp="1441015346"Shelley was never good enough for us, and he wouldn't be now.

Clearly not what Rodgers is after, he passes the ball forward and creates chances. Poor Shelvey did not understand Rodgers philosophy.

Do you think we could tempt them into a straight swap with Allen or do you think we would have to throw in Lallana as well.

Clearly not what Rodgers is after, he passes the ball forward and creates chances. Poor Shelvey did not understand Rodgers philosophy.

Do you think we could tempt them into a straight swap with Allen or do you think we would have to throw in Lallana as well.

I think one of the few things Rodgers has done right is to get rid of Shelvey.  Bad meff, that lad. 

I don't think Rodgers did much if anything wrong coaching Shelvey when he was here. At that age, Shelvey - as he admits himself -  was just too immature to learn much. Where I think Rodgers was culpable was in letting him go rather than continuing to work with him. We endured Jonjo's worse years, only to pass him on to others to enjoy his maturity. Garry Monk has handled him really well, but Rodgers, as someone who prides himself on being a coach and a mentor, seemed curiously disinclined to invest any time and effort into his progression.