You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fergie in hot water from Sky

therevivalist

Baconface runs the game and needs to be checked. He is a sore loser... which is OK to a point - not very gentlemanly, but many people of high achievement are sore losers. But here's where it is worse than that. He is a calculating man. He is trying to make sure only his approved people get to officiate when his team plays. It is the essence of foul play. Then he adds doubt to the whole process by making sure that he cites 'previous' for how his team has been wronged. And he uses his considerable media profile and standing in the game to lean on a poor linesman. It is foul play. Beyond the pale, in fact.

He should be fined and told he is not allowed to criticize match officials like this. And if he bleats on about the fine, he should be fined some more, with a touchline ban thrown in. And if he bleats on about that... personally I'd put him in jail, but I'm not sure the FA jurisdiction extends that far, though I don't doubt they looked into it for Suarez.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Rafa still has balls.

He said: ‘Maybe now a lot of people are seeing the same things. I will not talk too much about that because it’s obvious. It’s a question for the FA what they do about it.

'What I said at that time was what I thought and what I’m seeing now is similar. It depends on the FA. I don’t know what they will do

Good to see Rafa still has balls.

He said: ‘Maybe now a lot of people are seeing the same things. I will not talk too much about that because it’s obvious. It’s a question for the FA what they do about it.

'What I said at that time was what I thought and what I’m seeing now is similar. It depends on the FA. I don’t know what they will do

oh my god he is losing the plot, check him in to the looney bin he is cracking up!

Baconface runs the game and needs to be checked. He is a sore loser... which is OK to a point - not very gentlemanly, but many people of high achievement are sore losers. But here's where it is worse than that. He is a calculating man. He is trying to make sure only his approved people get to officiate when his team plays. It is the essence of foul play. Then he adds doubt to the whole process by making sure that he cites 'previous' for how his team has been wronged. And he uses his considerable media profile and standing in the game to lean on a poor linesman. It is foul play. Beyond the pale, in fact.

He should be fined and told he is not allowed to criticize match officials like this. And if he bleats on about the fine, he should be fined some more, with a touchline ban thrown in. And if he bleats on about that... personally I'd put him in jail, but I'm not sure the FA jurisdiction extends that far, though I don't doubt they looked into it for Suarez.

I agree with the point being made, but fines and touchline bans have been totally ineffective in the past and will always be. Ferguson's earning several million a year...... what's £10k every couple of seasons to him? His fine probably gets paid by the club anyway! And touchline bans...what a joke. What evidence is there that they have any kind of detrimental effect on a team's performance or deter the guilty party from continuing to slag off officials?

the only penalty that will get people like this scumbag to change their ways would be to dock points from him team. And we know that wouldn't fit in with the FA/Premiership/media love-in with ManU.

Of all Fergusons 'crimes against football' saying an official had a bad game is imo by no means his worst. I may even admit that on this occasion he had a point as it did look a pen altho where he went too far was in suggesting that the liner was somehow biased against MUFC and had given them nothing which is plainly rubbish. It was also interesting to hear him talk about a so called mistake that that liner had made in a match seasons ago - so the man clearly bears grudges - but we know that anyway

It got me thinking tho as to what Fergusons worst crimes were and I spent 10 minutes jotting down a list on paper. Here it is with brief details on each one (in no partic order)

• Saying LFC should sell LS
  • Not speaking to the BBC for 7 years
  • Refusing to consider selling Heinze to LFC.
  • Injuring one of his star players by throwing a football boot at him
  • Siding with Alladyce when Rafa made a gesture during a 4-0 LFC victory V a hapless BRFC team
  • Recalling loan players from PNE when his son Darren was sacked.
  • Influencing the appointment of refs to MUFC games.
  • Saying Martin Atkinson was not fair
  • Saying Alan Wiley was not fit.
  • Walking out of a BBC interview when asked why MUFC were doing poorly in Europe.
  • Banning journalists from OT - often for speaking the truth
  • Gagging MUTV from broadcasting a Roy Keane interview which was critical of him.
  • His role in the Evra/Suarez affair.
  • Forcing top players out of MUFC as they dared to challenge him - Stam, RVN, Keane ..etc.
  • Making young players have his son Jason for an agent even if they already had one.
  • Calling NUFC a wee team in the north east.
  • Shunning Jim Leighton after dropping him after a mistake in a cup final - as far as I know he has yet to speak to him since!!
  • Accusing LS of 'diving all over the place' after the match V MUFC last season when he had not dived at all

That was just a few off the top of my head - I am sure I will have missed some big ones out. If anyone wants to add to the list shout out - when I next argue with Mancs about him I want all the evidence I can muster. To say I cannot stand the man does not even get close to how strongly I feel.

The thing is tho I have heard some LFC fans say he isn't that bad and sometimes some of our players to me speak far more postively about him than anyone from LFC should ever do. It is obvious the man has a major hatred for us and all we stand for, that feeling should be reciprocated - and is by many - but not by all

I heard this and went into rant mode much to the annoyance of Mrs Rat who was on the phone at the time. She spent the next five minutes expalining to her mother why her son-in-law had suddenly flipped.

Pleased to hear I'm not alone in my t.v. abuse!

• Siding with Alladyce when Rafa made a gesture during a 4-0 LFC victory V a hapless BRFC team
  • Walking out of a BBC interview when asked why MUFC were doing poorly in Europe.
  • Gagging MUTV from broadcasting a Roy Keane interview which was critical of him.
  • Forcing top players out of MUFC as they dared to challenge him - Stam, RVN, Keane ..etc.
  • Making young players have his son Jason for an agent even if they already had one.
  • Shunning Jim Leighton after dropping him after a mistake in a cup final - as far as I know he has yet to speak to him since!!
  • Accusing LS of 'diving all over the place' after the match V MUFC last season when he had not dived at all

In all fairness, as much as I hate the piss-stained twat, that bolded one I'd say is the manager's right and he didn't let it affect the team as he generally replaced them well, and wouldn't complain if our manager acted in similar fashion if it was appropriate so long the replacement was sound and the results kept coming.

Agree with the rest though, if I remember rightly with the Preston loan recalls, didn't he not only recall his own players, but lean on his buddy Pulis to do likewise? Either that or it was an amazing coincidence:whistle:

In all fairness, as much as I hate the piss-stained twat, that bolded one I'd say is the manager's right and he didn't let it affect the team as he generally replaced them well, and wouldn't complain if our manager acted in similar fashion if it was appropriate so long the replacement was sound and the results kept coming.

Agree with the rest though, if I remember rightly with the Preston loan recalls, didn't he not only recall his own players, but lean on his buddy Pulis to do likewise? Either that or it was an amazing coincidence:whistle:

That was worse really. Really fucking bad.

Preston fear the Ferguson effect as Stoke recall pair - Football League - Football - The Independent

The FA have got it in for him apparently.

"I just think it is more about me than what I’ve said. Whether I think it is unfair or not doesn’t matter to them really at this point. That is what I have put in my letter exactly. But you know the FA. It is one of these things. We are high profile."

I don't even have the words to start on that. Simply incredible.

Just seen this myself . Coincidence it's on the same day that government giving the FA final warning to get its act together or face legislation. I don't have the exact wording of the statement as only heard it briefly on the radio but one of the things cited was the disproportionate influence the PL exerts over the FA . Has to be bad news for Taggart .

Just seen this myself . Coincidence it's on the same day that government giving the FA final warning to get its act together or face legislation. I don't have the exact wording of the statement as only heard it briefly on the radio but one of the things cited was the disproportionate influence the PL exerts over the FA . Has to be bad news for Taggart .

It would only be bad news if they decided to take points off them for his regular bitter indiscretions.

Can't see Gill doing that. Touchline ban and a fine paid by the club. His contempt for the cunts at the FA is obvious even to them.

The FA needs to reform or we will take action, warn MPs - News & Comment - Football - The Independent

When the government or governmental departments of a country 'interfere' with that country's FA, FIFA normally threaten to disqualify that country from international competition until the FA are 'back in control', as it were. So the FA aren't as backed into a corner as these MPs would like to think.

It would only be bad news if they decided to take points off them for his regular bitter indiscretions.

Can't see Gill doing that. Touchline ban and a fine paid by the club. His contempt for the cunts at the FA is obvious even to them.

I meant bad news looking ahead. I agree they will not do much over this issue

but if the make-up of the FA board is to be reformed , possibly to include fan representatives. then there is some hope we will see an end to his poisonous influence.

Glad he's been charged anyway. I think Benitez helped force their hand tbh, I'm sure it was through gritted teeth they charged him but they would have made themselves a hostage to fortune if they hadn't.

They have finally charged him, but ruined the effect by doing the ridiculous 'explain yourself ' routine first, clearly exposing the fact that they were trying to let him wriggle out of the biggest slam-dunk of a disrepute charge in history.

They have finally charged him, but ruined the effect by doing the ridiculous 'explain yourself ' routine first, clearly exposing the fact that they were trying to let him wriggle out of the biggest slam-dunk of a disrepute charge in history.

Deffo, Allardyce didn't get a chance to explain himself over his comments about Old Trafford, simply had charge slapped on him within 2 days.

Of all Fergusons 'crimes against football' saying an official had a bad game is imo by no means his worst. I may even admit that on this occasion he had a point as it did look a pen altho where he went too far was in suggesting that the liner was somehow biased against MUFC and had given them nothing which is plainly rubbish. It was also interesting to hear him talk about a so called mistake that that liner had made in a match seasons ago - so the man clearly bears grudges - but we know that anyway

It got me thinking tho as to what Fergusons worst crimes were and I spent 10 minutes jotting down a list on paper. Here it is with brief details on each one (in no partic order)

That was just a few off the top of my head - I am sure I will have missed some big ones out. If anyone wants to add to the list shout out - when I next argue with Mancs about him I want all the evidence I can muster. To say I cannot stand the man does not even get close to how strongly I feel.

The thing is tho I have heard some LFC fans say he isn't that bad and sometimes some of our players to me speak far more postively about him than anyone from LFC should ever do. It is obvious the man has a major hatred for us and all we stand for, that feeling should be reciprocated - and is by many - but not by all

Some from the distant past from top of my head, all documented in Michael Crick's book 'The Many Sides of Alex Ferguson', which did not result in any legal action for slander/libel:-

-Getting sent off for Dunfermline in the mid 1960s for fighting with an opponent. The opponent had taken Ferguson's place when he got dropped from the line up for the Scottish Cup final the previous season

-Refusing to appear in a Falkirk team photo for the local paper as he had argued with the photographer whilst a player with Rangers.

-As manager of St Mirren, bringing himself off the bench in a tour game in the West Indies to deliberately injure an opponent who was giving his players a hard time (elbowed him).

-As manager of St Mirren helping himself to £25 a week from the petty cash but not providing receipts/explanations as to where it went, leading to his ultimate dismissal as the Chairman feared going to jail for tax evasion.

-As manager of St Mirren, being seen in a car with a bookmaker shortly before a must win relegation game against Ayr, and then receiving a crate of champagne from that bookmaker after winning that game.

-Receiving an envelope containing £40,000 in the mid 1990s from Andrei Kanchelskis agent, then putting that envelope in the safe rather than report it to the police, Inland Revenue or FA.

Some more from United days in last 10 years:-

-Telling a press conference that the FA treat United like shit, even though from 2000-06 United made a handsome profit by staging more England games than any other club whilst Wembley got rebuilt.

-Prior to the 2011 European Cup final, after being asked a question he objected to about Giggs, being overheard saying to a media agent something along the lines of 'Whose he, we'll have him'.

-Criticising the fact United would have players called up for the Olympics, despite the profits they made from staging games in the football tournament.

-Driving down the hard shoulder, then saying he needed a shit when arrested.

Around 2002, refusing to move a home game with Ipswich from Saturday to a Sunday after Ipswich had played in the UEFA Cup on the Thursday.

-Not taking Chelsea to task over their illegal tapping up of Jon Obi Mikel, instead accepting the £12m 'compensation'.