You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Press coverage and how the mancs are twats

RedinSweden

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 7h

Also worth noting that Ferguson devotes an entire chapter to #LFC and an entire paragraph to the Rock Of Gibraltar affair and its fall-out

And you're dead right, the man's a Psychologist's dream.

Hopefully he admits he was devastated by us winning no 5 and he realised he d never be able to truly overtake our haul.

Hopefully he admits he was devastated by us winning no 5 and he realised he d never be able to truly overtake our haul.

Him not matching Bob's 3 European Cups was a matter of pure delight, petty or not.  Sure he stayed on an extra couple of seasons at the end to try for that. 

It would not be a stretch to say you've stumped me here, razor.

Except the conspiracy bit. There is most definitely one of them.

!

Tom, you earned a shocking reputation every time a thread went up about the mancs and the press, the mancs and the FA or the mancs and refs as every single time you went out of your way to ridicule the idea of a conspiracy.

(Now by conspiracy, we have to recognise that there are different gradations of the term).

It was a lighthearted dig when I said it was a conspiracy earlier in the thread, but I see EVEN YOU have come over to recognise it!

Why's he talking about Henderson?

You can't really get worked up about Ferguson when it comes to shit like this, he's got genuine personality disorder issues, I'm serious, it's what made him good at what he did but it also makes him, shall we say, something of a fucked up human being.

Has he put in about how his racehorse dispute led to the club falling into the hands of the Glazers?

Man's a psychopath. Has all the manipulative powers of persuasion of a Ted Bundy with the god complex to go with it.

• Upvote 1

I think Cunt sounds better.

Mr Cunt to you if you don't mind

I caught 5 minutes of him on radio earlier banging on about Beckham and how he was like a son to him. He was asked if he missed the job right at the end and he said definitely not and quite revealingly went on to add it was probably his time to go. I don't know if anyone else felt he was reflecting on the state of the team . He knew that sqaud was in need of a major overhaul

With all the media talk of those to be criticised by he who doesn't hold grudges having been "braced" for this book, you'd think Doctors were going to wrap pages round their fingers and perform prostate checks with it, rather than a mean-spirited old soak scoring a last few cheap points.

If there's anyone I want to hear the bits that interest me about the Ferguson years from, it's not him.  You might as well ask Blair if it's true he lied to parliament.

The egotistical cunt can't retire quietly can he? I hope shergar comes out of hiding and tramples him.

He's not even managing anymore and the media are still shit scared of him, surely there have got to be a few skeletons in the old bollock faces closet.

John snow certainly rattled the cunt

That was almost surreal viewing.  No way could he have afforded to, wanted to or needed to do an interview in that situation (outside football, non-handpicked sympathetic interviewer) while he was United manager, he would have been tested even while he was, but it was still possible to see there the loss of power brought on chiefly by his retirement, and his own realisation of that.

No doubt he'll have been angry afterwards, you could see he was desperate to get up and leave immediately, but heavyweight, proper journalists like Snow, well outside of Ferguson's field of expertise and reach in terms of influence, won't be the least concerned by one of his tantrums. 

And Ferguson can't afford to lose his rag during such an interview now anyway, he's selling a very different version of himself these days.  Paddy Crerand stuff if he starts blowing up in those situations, so he has to play amiable and ride with it.

I think that's the first time it's really sunk in that he's finally fucking gone.

He's mentioned Henderson because he obviously had his nose put out of joint when he signed for us- a quick Google search mentioning Henderson and Fergusons name threw up loads of tabloid headlines from 3 years ago " United beat Arsenal for Wonderkid Henderson" "Fergie trumps Wenger to get Hot prospect Henderson" Page after page of it- he's just living up to his bitter reputation.

If I was Rodgers Im not sure If I would just brush that off- Henderson doesnt strike me as being particularly strong menatlly, it could play on his mind. When you think about it its utterly outrageous.   

• Upvote 1

He's a disgusting human being. This whole episode reminds me of Fr Ted making his best priest award speech which consists of him slagging off everyone else. It's laughable really.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

His last book was the same as I recall, everyone is either put in their place or morally out of order in his singularly fucked brain.

Reminds me of Partridge going on a radio show to publicise 'Bouncing Back', and the woman on there saying "I notice you end almost every anecdote with the phrase "needless to say, I had the last laugh"."

"Yeah, well, you could end some of your chapters with "needles to say... I took drugs".

That's Ferguson here. In light of the Snow interview and how his stature is already diminished, I can see this attracting the worst reaction of all from his point of view, derision.

• Upvote 1

What makes me laugh is the part were he said "we have to get shut of Keane" like it was a major decision, when we all know the reason he got rid of Keane is that he was way past his best, I mean fuck me even Garcia was hitting him with crunching tackles.

Keane had been having digs for years at the players but it suited Ferguson as Keane was his main man.....

Rather than retire gracefully (does he even know what gracefully means) he can't help trying to be the main man in charge and calling the shots when really he comes across as smalltime and bitter....Keane summed him up perfect last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

His last book was the same as I recall, everyone is either put in their place or morally out of order in his singularly fucked brain.

Reminds me of Partridge going on a radio show to publicise 'Bouncing Back', and the woman on there saying "I notice you end almost every anecdote with the phrase "needless to say, I had the last laugh"."

"Yeah, well, you could end some of your chapters with "needles to say... I took drugs".

That's Ferguson here. In light of the Snow interview and how his stature is already diminished, I can see this attracting the worst reaction of all from his point of view, derision.

He clearly missed a trick by not asking Snow if he ever shaved his crackling.