You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Catch22 isn't it? We have a poor season - nobody comes in for our players.

We have a good season, something to really build on - our best players are taken away from us.

So this is how it feels to support a selling club.

The only way to get out of this cycle is to make the value proposition of staying at LFC more enticing.

Buy more than one good player. Show ambition. Don't make your best player's think it's all up to them if they want to win trophies.

Coutinho's transfer request is akin to him listening to the shite Klopp has spouted over the last two weeks and saying 'sorry mate, but you're having a laugh, taraa'.

I don't blame him or Suarez. They don't want to waste another season at Liverpool wanting to win things when the club evidently don't want to win things themselves. 

I did say this was all bollocks about his back injury and he's basically on strike to get a move.

He's a shithouse for waiting till Klopp done his presser then sending it by email, I'd love to be there to see Klopp going for him after Coutinho's already apparently told him to his face he's accepted he's not going and everything's fine, he'll be shitting it. Barca doing what Barca do and have probably told him that they're not going to sign him next season, it's now or never and naive Phil has fallen for it, if they're willing to pay £100m now I'm pretty sure they rate him enough to come back in for him next summer, unless they're like us and decide the alternative to Coutinho is Wes Morgan or someone.

They can't afford Dembele and Coutinho and Dembele's also gone on strike because of Barcelona so he basically has to leave Dortmund, if we sell Coutinho I'd spend the money on him or I'd offer him to Real Madrid in exchange for Assensio and £80m and tell Coutinho that it's either Real Madrid your going to or in a World Cup year where your only now establishing yourself in the Brazil squad or you'll be sat in a Directors box all season watching a team in red playing at Anfield and miss the World Cup. If Southampton and Leipzig can keep their players how can't we?

What are you on about? How do you know that this was the case at all? Klopp could have told him he's not going and Coutinho could have said 'well I want to go, and I'll hand in a transfer request to make that clear the club and forego my loyalty bonus'.

We obviously knew it was coming because we put out a statement about 10 minutes beforehand.

I haven't even got a problem with being seen as a selling club, you can be successful if you manage it right. Just look at Monaco, who turned over PSG for the league last year and got CL semi under their belt. The problem is our merry band of mongoloids and stats gimps that run the club, we've spunked more money than practically anyone on shite over these past few years.

I haven't even got a problem with being seen as a selling club, you can be successful if you manage it right. Just look at Monaco, who turned over PSG for the league last year and got CL semi under their belt. The problem is our merry band of mongoloids and stats gimps that run the club, we've spunked more money than practically anyone on shite over these past few years.

Lovren agrees.

He is entitled to request a transfer, we are entitled to deny it. He is contracted for another five years for what that is worth. Being World Cup year is in our favour to either keep him or get a huge fee in excess of 120m in my opinion. Spending it adequately as has been already mentioned is not our forte currently. Our negotiators are akin to pikeys trying to tarmac your drive or cut down your trees, they fuck it up and it costs you more in the long run.

I genuinely don't blame him for wanting to go, or for putting in a transfer request. But it's a request. It's our right to refuse it to do what's best for the club and if we can seriously try and line up a replacement, then I'd happily make him stay another year. He might sulk. He might huff. He might play out of his skin. Who knows. But I'm sick of players signing 5 year deals and deciding 5 mins later that they are entitled to do what they want when they want. A little bit of compromise and everyone wins.

I completely blame him, he's still young, the club is - on the face of it - going in the right direction with a proven manager and CL football. it's not like he's been fucked over, he just wants to go to Barcelona.

There's only half a dozen clubs any of them want to play for now, if you find a good one it's only a matter of time until they come and steal them. utterly pointless exercise.

• Upvote 1

Why would he even want to stay? The club show no ambition in signing good players. At least make it someway attractive to play here. Going into the season with 'Plan A', I can see why he wants to fuck off when he can play with Suarez again and Messi.

Also can we stop with this 'OMG he sent it over email' furore.

We live in fucking 2017, how do you want him to submit it? Do you want him to write it out with a quill using the blood of his grandma or some shit?

It's a fucking transfer request not a break-up with your ex.

I reckon the email said "Welcome to Dumpsville: Population you".  

• Upvote 1

This is said all the time, but it's actually true: we hold all the cards. He has no release clause and the World Cup is next summer. We'll tell him he can't go, then his injury will miraculously heal at the end of the month just in time so that he can play for Brazil. Then he'll come back in September and perform because he has no choice, just like Suarez in 2013.

I bet its Klopp who feels like the one with a back injury due to being stabbed in the back.

Add to that with Lallana out for 3 months I'd say hold on to him, even though I'm a great believer in if a player doesn't want to stay with us, then let him go.

Having said all that, look what happened when Owen forced a transfer. Money on us for the CL then lads!

What are you on about? How do you know that this was the case at all? Klopp could have told him he's not going and Coutinho could have said 'well I want to go, and I'll hand in a transfer request to make that clear the club and forego my loyalty bonus'.

We obviously knew it was coming because we put out a statement about 10 minutes beforehand.

How do I know what was the case?

Apparently there's some story going round that Barcelona used Guardiola to tap up Coutinho and sell to him the merits of moving to Barcelona now. I can't find a link and it sounds like the most obviously bullshit claim this side of "we're here to win trophies" by the likes of Werner, not least because Guardiola is not the Barcelona manager.

That said, if Ernesto Valverde is just a placeholder appointment until Guardiola returns to his alma mater next summer, then the Man City coach could be looking to shape his next move by having them get some of his targets in now. It's not that far-fetched given how the Spaniard was speaking to the top brass at Bayern not long after they lost the CL final in 2012, and confirmed a deal with Bayern 6 months before he started there in summer 2013 (Jupp Heynckes was portrayed as a dead man walking once Bayern confirmed Guardiola as their next coach, yet still finished the season with a treble). He also confirmed his deal with City halfway through 2015/16, leaving Manuel Pellegrini as a dead man walking (the Chilean coach still won the League Cup).

It's all conjecture but hey, there are loads of people making a fortune on little more than conjecture.

This is said all the time, but it's actually true: we hold all the cards. He has no release clause and the World Cup is next summer. We'll tell him he can't go, then his injury will miraculously heal at the end of the month just in time so that he can play for Brazil. Then he'll come back in September and perform because he has no choice, just like Suarez in 2013.

This.

Added to the likelihood of us getting an adequate replacement in being low, just fuck them off.

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a shit about this?

It's all good.  Or bad.  But bad is good if it means we lose more players, or Klopp leaves, because we'll then tear the club apart to get rid of FSG.  Or it all works out, and FSG are great.

Good/good.  Just bits of bad along the way to good.

He's a 25 year old Brazilian who doesn't give a shit about the socio-economic conditions of Huyton.  Get over it.  And stop buying shirts with player names on the back, it's fucking weird, they literally don't care if the city gets hit by a tornado.

Trust in the kids, get behind the little needly bastards.

Hello to the 81 guests.

B)

I'd like to hear from one of our ITK lads.

What's going on here lads?  You must know something?  We've got visitors here wanting to share it with social media, don't be shy.

Also remember what happened when Suarez forced a move.

Balotelli and knocked out of the CL early like chumps.

Coutinho isn't a quarter of the player Suarez was.  

Hello to the 81 guests.