You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

We sell him we have serious money,but what is good all this money if other clubs are demanding crazy money off us or don't sell (vvd,keita).

We are a joke of a club now. If he goes and we buy tripe to replace him,then we need to look at taking action as a group of supporters.

Other clubs seem to get deals over the line. Enough is enough.

If he goes and we get three 1st team quality players that's fine. If he goes and we get just vvd then fuck off you cunts.

Am i allowed to be an hysterical fanny yet.

I and others were told 3 weeks ago by the "much more smarter than you" brigade that everything would be fine. FSG have got everything in hand and we are going to spend that £200 million warchest by august 31st.

Any of you brainiacs getting ever so slightly concerned yet.

• Upvote 8

I and others were told 3 weeks ago by the "much more smarter than you" brigade that everything would be fine. FSG have got everything in hand and we are going to spend that £200 million warchest by august 31st.

Goalposts are shifting as we speak

• Upvote 1

Don't worry mate all is under control, if Coutinho goes Lallana will just step in immediately and fill the breach, Keita and Van Dijk will arrive presently and a Coutinho replacement is on the way.

The sky is green, the sea yellow and only yesterday I saw a large hog flying over Anfield, carrying a unicorn.

Don't worry mate all is under control, if Coutinho goes Lallana will just step in immediately and fill the breach, Keita and Van Dijk will arrive presently and a Coutinho replacement is on the way.

The sky is green, the sea yellow and only yesterday I saw a large hog flying over Anfield, carrying a unicorn.

He'll be a like a new signing!

Can't wait until next season when Real come in for Mane and he wants gone.

If you think that's hyperbolic, tons everybody on here said "can't wait until Barca come in for Coutinho in a year or two" after Suarez left.

Catch22 isn't it? We have a poor season - nobody comes in for our players.

We have a good season, something to really build on - our best players are taken away from us.

So this is how it feels to support a selling club.

I did say this was all bollocks about his back injury and he's basically on strike to get a move.

He's a shithouse for waiting till Klopp done his presser then sending it by email, I'd love to be there to see Klopp going for him after Coutinho's already apparently told him to his face he's accepted he's not going and everything's fine, he'll be shitting it. Barca doing what Barca do and have probably told him that they're not going to sign him next season, it's now or never and naive Phil has fallen for it, if they're willing to pay £100m now I'm pretty sure they rate him enough to come back in for him next summer, unless they're like us and decide the alternative to Coutinho is Wes Morgan or someone.

They can't afford Dembele and Coutinho and Dembele's also gone on strike because of Barcelona so he basically has to leave Dortmund, if we sell Coutinho I'd spend the money on him or I'd offer him to Real Madrid in exchange for Assensio and £80m and tell Coutinho that it's either Real Madrid your going to or in a World Cup year where your only now establishing yourself in the Brazil squad or you'll be sat in a Directors box all season watching a team in red playing at Anfield and miss the World Cup. If Southampton and Leipzig can keep their players how can't we?

I genuinely don't blame him for wanting to go, or for putting in a transfer request. But it's a request. It's our right to refuse it to do what's best for the club and if we can seriously try and line up a replacement, then I'd happily make him stay another year. He might sulk. He might huff. He might play out of his skin. Who knows. But I'm sick of players signing 5 year deals and deciding 5 mins later that they are entitled to do what they want when they want. A little bit of compromise and everyone wins.