You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Luis Suarez - intentionally diabolical"

dave u

Just now, Bjornebye said:

If he didn't want pathetic wages and was happy being on the bench quite a lot then fucking right get him back. far better option off the bench than anything we have up-front. Get Torres, Fowler and Henchoz back as well. 

he'd still have a better first touch than Origi. 

Get him back, would be a brilliant back up for Bobby, one of the few players in Football that could do what Bobby does and with more goals. Won’t happen though.

The fixture list after January until the end of season is ridiculous and the front 3 will have to be rotated more often than ever before. Suarez for a year? No brainer if we could get it done. Get him on a free, pay him 5-10m, still works out cheap, Origi wage is probably around 5m. Would absolutely love it. 

8 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Obviously it would depend on his wages given that we have enormous outgoings in that department, but if he’d be willing to take a pay-cut and accept that his primary role would be from the bench, I think he’d be a fine signing.

Apart from almost word for word copying what I said about 15 minutes ago, I don't half prefer you at low tide. 

9 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Get him back, would be a brilliant back up for Bobby, one of the few players in Football that could do what Bobby does and with more goals. Won’t happen though.

The fixture list after January until the end of season is ridiculous and the front 3 will have to be rotated more often than ever before. Suarez for a year? No brainer if we could get it done. Get him on a free, pay him 5-10m, still works out cheap, Origi wage is probably around 5m. Would absolutely love it. 

I think bobby is the reason we might not bring him back. He'd take his place within 10-15 games, and Klopp might not think that's the best thing for morale. 

• Upvote 1

I reckon under the right circumstances with fitness permitting Klopp could get him close to his old self, probably closer than he’ll get anywhere else. If that’s the case the Bobby would be the back up, worst case scenario is you end up with a brilliant player on the bench taking Origi’s spot.

Shit, imagine Thiago and Fabinho with a 3-1 of Salah, Mane and Firmino and Suarez up top and central.

23 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

He couldn't do what Firmino does at all. He still scores goals and he still has some magic left in him but he's played in a low intensity Barcelona team for a couple years now and he's fat. He couldn't do what our forwards do, if we were to sign him, we'd have to accommodate him and compensate for him in some type of way.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

He couldn't do what Firmino does at all. He still scores goals and he still has some magic left in him but he's played in a low intensity Barcelona team for a couple years now and he's fat. He couldn't do what our forwards do, if we were to sign him, we'd have to accommodate him and compensate for him in some type of way.  

Ever hear of a diet? 

15 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I reckon under the right circumstances with fitness permitting Klopp could get him close to his old self, probably closer than he’ll get anywhere else. If that’s the case the Bobby would be the back up, worst case scenario is you end up with a brilliant player on the bench taking Origi’s spot.

Shit, imagine Thiago and Fabinho with a 3-1 of Salah, Mane and Firmino and Suarez up top and central.

Christ mate, some players of other teams have families you know 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

i think he would be great to share the workload with the existing front 3 if he could buy into that. 

but realistically, do we really think this is the type of deal LFC would do? I don't. 

Yeah there is next to no chance. 

19 minutes ago, Horus said:

I think bobby is the reason we might not bring him back. He'd take his place within 10-15 games, and Klopp might not think that's the best thing for morale. 

A 33 year old who is getting his contract terminated at a shambles of a club wouldn't take Firmino's place, don't be silly. He'd be a bench/rotation option at best. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

A 33 year old who is getting his contract terminated at a shambles of a club wouldn't take Firmino's place, don't be silly. He'd be a bench/rotation option at best. 

We'll have to sign him then so we can put it to the test.