You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfers 2013

Gym Beglin

More Hot Ayre. If we have the finance in place for any signing we want when are we enquiring about Messi?

Messi is a loyal player, cant see there being any resale value with him as he probably will stay to the end of his career.

• Upvote 1

Except for the bit about FFP, because FFP is a joke that no other club seems to give a shit about. I can't see UEFA telling one of it's money-maker clubs they can't play because they reported a fucking loss either.

Spot on.

Can you see Plattini telling PSG to sling their hook because they've got more people on the pitch then they do in the stands but still brought the latest Brazilian for 30M?

No I didn't think so.

QPR about to sign Remy and M'Vila for £15m.

Really good business. Imagine there's get out clauses in both those contracts.

Rodgers you narrow minded arrogant cunt!

We need a defensive midfielder, Lucas isn't up to pace and Allen is a ghost of what was at the start of the season and ISN'T a defensive midfielder.

DO SOMETHING

Apparently this loan move has been hijacked by Southampton who've actually made a bid.

Made to look small time by Southampton, again!

Was this about Gaston Ramirez?

I for one am glad we didn't buy him. Hasn't looked great anytime I've seen him. Let them outbid us. Matters not a jot in the grand scheme of things.

Who is handling the transfer deals at Liverpool now?? Out bid for forren by Southampton and Swansea have jumped ahead in the ince deal,Were being made to look like a small time club.

we haven't been outbid by Southampton, we wanted to trial him first they want him straight away

Redknapp makes purchasing just look so simple. He identifies clearly good players and then buys them.

No over-thinking required.

Sure, there's examples you can throw back at him but he bought really well while at Spurs. Why do you need analysts when the evidence is hitting you square in the face?

M'Vila and Remy for cut price fees on both. Can't argue with that.

If Forren turns out to be very good, we'll look like utter twats.

MVila is class, but there is obviously an issue because he's still at Rennes, and only QPR look interested. You'd think that he'd be hot property for £8m. But then again, he's just as likely to sort himself out because he's moved country and matures a bit, and then be worth £20m in 6 months.

You know, I'm fast losing patience with someone, and I dont know if its Rodgers or FSG, but we'll know soon enough.

Remy could be extraodinary as well, he's got the attributes of a young Thierry Henry. In that second striker/winger role he currently inhabits, he's scored 39 in 95 games for Marseille, and 28 in 74 games for Nice, and 4 in 17 for France.

We're an odd club aren't we. Want to be part of the top table, but constantly do everything within our powers to ensure it doesnt happen. £35m for Andy Carroll. Jesus H Fucking Bubba Watson Christ. At what point did this club even think it acceptable to spend £35m on a player? Let alone a shit player? Those 6 months were fucking crazy and just showed how far short our CEO was of the mark, where was the advice and restraint and perspective? At some point, someone should have said, "Hey guys, we just lost Torres and NGog but we just signed Suarez and we still have Kuyt, so let's shop around in the Summer". Why did this conversation not happen? If it did, why was it ignored?

Same with Rafa though, with City, Chelsea and United spending like cunts, why did we think we had a god-given right to keep competing at the top? The thinking was to get rid of Rafa and, what, improve on him? Such short-sighted thinking, such fucking flimsy logic, and here we are, doldrum central.

Rodgers you narrow minded arrogant cunt!

We need a defensive midfielder, Lucas isn't up to pace and Allen is a ghost of what was at the start of the season and ISN'T a defensive midfielder.

DO SOMETHING

Agreed!

Just buy someone, Rodgers. Anyone will do. Some Norweigan no-one's heard until yesterday will do. A French malcontent everyone who's anyone is steering clear of will do. Just pluck someone from League Two for fuck's sale.

JUST DO SOMETHING.

Such short-sighted thinking, such fucking flimsy logic, and here we are, doldrum central.

Those transfer deals look massive, but we've trimmed the wage bill by £30M p.a. over the last couple of years. Top players don't come for the transfer fee a club is willing to pay, they come for the wages.

I hoped we would take a gamble with a Sneijder this window, but apparently that's not 'feasible' because it would make him the highest earner and we wouldn't want to upset our mollycoddled 'stars'. There'a a real politics and sentimentality problem at Liverpool that continues to fester in the longterm power vacuum.

Is it greedy or expecting to much to be thinking the owners just aren't doing enough. I think they have backed us minimally they have took from Peter to pay Paul. We really are thread bare and when someone like Ayre says its about the right deal well what is the right deal who is identifying the right players. We seem to be literally preaching to the world how clever we are look at us we won't be dragged into this vulgar transfer debacle, meanwhile the world passes us by.

I don't think we give the impression of being an ambitious club, I don't think we look like an exciting project where players can come because we are on our way to something special or they can win trophies. The talk of being clever and right deals just feels like perfect PR speak for we will not spend money. I think FSG lack bottle they got burnt with the carrol deal and that is purely there fault, Henry went on TV and said it was Torres minus 15 million. Soft cunt no wonder we got rinsed.

Didn't the player want first team football so is choosing Soton?

So who would you play him instead of? Skrtel or Agger?

Well Agger never lasts a whole season without breaking/snapping something. Rumblings of Skrtel being flogged. Competition for the third choice spot with Coates with Carra probably hanging up his boots. Not an immediate concern but needs sorting come summer but if someone becomes available now, why not. As ayre has said "we have fianances availlable" ....cough....bollocks....cough

Is it greedy or expecting to much to be thinking the owners just aren't doing enough. I think they have backed us minimally they have took from Peter to pay Paul. We really are thread bare and when someone like Ayre says its about the right deal well what is the right deal who is identifying the right players. We seem to be literally preaching to the world how clever we are look at us we won't be dragged into this vulgar transfer debacle, meanwhile the world passes us by.

I don't think we give the impression of being an ambitious club, I don't think we look like an exciting project where players can come because we are on our way to something special or they can win trophies. The talk of being clever and right deals just feels like perfect PR speak for we will not spend money. I think FSG lack bottle they got burnt with the carrol deal and that is purely there fault, Henry went on TV and said it was Torres minus 15 million. Soft cunt no wonder we got rinsed.

ayre is about as qualified to say what the right deal for liverpool football club as I am to do a lung transplant on an emu

We are paying for their naievity. I had a go at Rodgers earlier but for all we know he may have his eye on some proper quality but FSG are reining him back due to what happened under Kenny and Commoli.