You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Had a discussion with my mate about the perception of Sturridge's attitude and as a black man himself he thinks it's a prejudice thing.

Any young black self assured and confident man is instantly perceived as arrogant whereas if he was white it would be s different matter. The example he gave was Rooney who is widely perceived as a cheeky scamp who knows he's good

What a load of shit.

Had a discussion with my mate about the perception of Sturridge's attitude and as a black man himself he thinks it's a prejudice thing.

Any young black self assured and confident man is instantly perceived as arrogant whereas if he was white it would be s different matter. The example he gave was Rooney who is widely perceived as a cheeky scamp who knows he's good

Sturridge and Rooney come across as massively different characters. Odd example.

Nah. He is performing at a really high level, but until he has been doing it for longer, against the top sides in Europe, it's hard to call him world class, let alone up the with possibly the best player ever.

I wasn't being serious there Numero with that. He's a great player though and at the rate he's going he will be world class very soon. Seeing him in the cl would be great

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I wasn't being serious there Numero with that. He's a great player though and at the rate he's going he will be world class very soon. Seeing him in the cl would be great

Fucking hell, sorry mate. In which case, we're in agreement. Hadn't long been up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He still needs to pass the ball more often though, I guess he'll always be greedy.  I can't believe how well he's done, I didn't really rate him but he's truly world class.

Thing is, in his mind he's going to score those chances and his mental state will be exactly the same before he scores as it is when taking a shot that turns out he should have passed. I like strikers to be a touch on the greedy side. We should also remember that he set up the second goal and Suarez should have had a goal from his play. 

• Upvote 1

article-2566125-1B9F86E900000578-456_634

+7

Catwalk queen: The 23-year-old supermodel, who has a three-year-old son, Riley, from a previous relationship, reportedly first grew close to the England ace at V Festival in August 2013, with the pair then letting their friendship blossom into romance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2566125/Jourdan-Dunn-secretly-dating-Liverpool-striker-Daniel-Sturridge.html#ixzz2uEknN4Qc 

Behind every good striker..

+7

Catwalk queen: The 23-year-old supermodel, who has a three-year-old son, Riley, from a previous relationship, reportedly first grew close to the England ace at V Festival in August 2013, with the pair then letting their friendship blossom into romance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2566125/Jourdan-Dunn-secretly-dating-Liverpool-striker-Daniel-Sturridge.html#ixzz2uEknN4Qc 

Wow. Who'd be a footballer, eh?

Daniel is scoring on and off the pitch.

He is an outstanding player but is also excellent on the mental side of things.

Looking at him play it looks like he doesn't know what nerves or pressure are as 90% of the time he plays to his level regardless of the opposition or occasion.

He will be down to two years on his contract in the summer, he needs to be rewarded with a pay rise and longer deal.

+7

Not my cup of tea. Her left bollock is hanging out the dress there.

• Upvote 8

I'll have you know that my friend speaks on behalf every person on afro Caribbean heritage in the UK.

Yeah I wasn't too convinced myself but he's adamant

Rooney goes about his business like an original G with no drama from five-o, yet Sturridge be kicking it on the down low like any proud black man just trying to build his own tabernacle and the po-po got their foot up his ass. Civil rights violating motherfuckers.