You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Only three Reds have scored more than 20 Premier League goals in a single season - Fowler twice, Torres once and Suarez last term.

Now the SAS are set to do it in the same campaign.

Suarez's hat-trick today takes his top flight tally up to 28 - which matches Robbie Fowler's Premier League record for the Reds and goes some way to threatening Alan Shearer and Andy Cole's joint record of 34.

Those 34-goal hauls were in a 42-game season too, so Shearer and Cristiano Ronaldo's joint record of 31 league goals in a 38-game campaign is even closer.

Sturridge, now on 19 strikes in the league, is also poised to fire through the 20 barrier.

While Suarez is still some way off the LFC record for most goals in a single league campaign (41 for Roger Hunt when the Reds won the Second Division in 1961/62), the SAS partnership could become the most successful in Anfield history.

Ian St. John and Roger Hunt notched 52 goals between them in 1963/64 - Suarez and Sturridge are hot on their heels with 47 in the league so far this season.

Nicked off Facebook

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I want to hear the stadium jumping to a studge song soon though.

I think anybody who posts a chant on the internet in seriousness, expecting it to be sung at the match is a bit of a cunt and quite likely a predatory molester of children.

With that in mind, here's my serious suggestion that I expect to be sung by everybody on Wednesday.

His name is Daniel Sturridge, Sturridge, Sturridge.

And the goals will follow, follow, follow.

'Cause he plays with Suarez, with Suarez, with Suarez.

And that's the way we like it, like it, like it.

Woaaahhhh, woaaaahhhhh.

MOTD said they are currently 3rd in the all time list of top scoring partnerships. I think it was only Shearer/Sutton and Beardsley/Cole that were ahead of them.

Yeah, they need 9 goals between them in the last 8 games to beat Shearer/Sutton.

Lets be honest, they're fucking miles better that Shearer and Sutton.

I think anybody who posts a chant on the internet in seriousness, expecting it to be sung at the match is a bit of a cunt and quite likely a predatory molester of children.

With that in mind, here's my serious suggestion that I expect to be sung by everybody on Wednesday.

His name is Daniel Sturridge, Sturridge, Sturridge.

And the goals will follow, follow, follow.

'Cause he plays with Suarez, with Suarez, with Suarez.

And that's the way we like it, like it, like it.

Woaaahhhh, woaaaahhhhh.

Im in agreement mate normally I don't bother with suggesting songs but studges is overdue.The first I saw of the Torres and Suarez songs was online so someone has to come up with one.

Don't wish to be a pedant but they're on 47 and shearer/sutton were on 49

They're 8 behind Beardsley & Cole.

To look at it another way, teams played 42 games a season in the Premier League until they changed it in 1995 to the current 38. The above two pairings got their totals before that change so they had 4 more games in which to do it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If we had not been butchered by referees against City and Chelsea, we'd be first in the league now.

If we could hold onto the lead without conceding silly goals...

If we could hold onto the lead without conceding silly goals...

If the ref sent off Eto'o (who then scored their first goal) in the first minute, sent off Oscar, given the penalty for the challenge by Eto'o... etc.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If the ref sent off Eto'o (who then scored their first goal) in the first minute, sent off Oscar, given the penalty for the challenge by Eto'o... etc.

We can't control what refs do. Can control what we do and how we play. We took the lead. We should have kept it. We can piss and moan all we like, but we can only play our own hand.

We can't control what refs do. Can control what we do and how we play. We took the lead. We should have kept it. We can piss and moan all we like, but we can only play our own hand.

No doubt, but it would help if we got the right decisons in that game.  Key game changing decisions in a 6 pointer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No doubt, but it would help if we got the right decisons in that game. Key game changing decisions in a 6 pointer.

A right pisser, for sure. But blame stArts at home, for me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Aww, didums. We got done by the lino. If only we knew that this stuff happened in football we'd have not made daft mistakes.