You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Nov 21-23 2015)

tlw content

vardynewcastle.jpg

This time last year Leicester were rock bottom of the table and looking like certainties to go down. We were 10th. Now the table has been turned upside down, Leicester are top and we’re 9th. Funny old game as they say. I don’t want Leicester’s bubble to burst as this is actually a lot of fun to watch.

Obviously I want us to catch them eventually and that will entail them dropping points, but for now it would be good for the game if they keep on winning for a little while longer.Ok, by a little while longer what I really mean is the next four games, as three of them are against United, Chelsea and Everton. After that they come to Anfield so the streak can stop then. Hopefully Jamie Vardy can keep on scoring until then too, as it’s been such a great story seeing him come out of nowhere to play like this. It’s not a fluke, the lad is playing as well as anyone in the league and he’s virtually impossible to stop at the moment.

Leicester are great to watch and what they’re doing is quite unusual. They’re just not arsed about possession at all, they just want to get the ball and immediately go forward with as much pace as they can. It’s exciting to watch and they completely tore Newcastle apart (which isn’t difficult, I know). Vardy opened the scoring with another brilliant goal. He’s been playing through an injury for weeks now which makes what he’s doing even more impressive. He’s just too much for defenders to handle right now and he hit the bar soon afterwards following another great run in behind.

Ulloa headed in to make it 2-0 and the Japanese lad fluked a third, but the scoreline didn’t flatter Leicester at all. Newcastle’s defending was as you’d expect. Woeful. Their fans were booing the shit out of their team (although they applauded Vardy for equalling the record, so fair play for that), probably because it was ‘only’ Leicester and they feel this shouldn’t be happening. The thing is though, we’re almost in December and Leicester are top of the table while Newcastle are near the bottom and can’t defend for shit. So this is par for the course. I can’t blame them for being pissed off at the steaming turds in their back four every week though, especially the big curly haired one.

That Mitrovic is a real piece of work too isn’t he? If he played for someone that was more relevant than Newcastle he’d be second only to Diego Costa in the massive twat stakes. Huth grabbed him by the throat, and Mitrovic hurled himself to the floor holding his face. I honestly don’t know why the FA don’t introduce an immediate banning system for anyone caught doing this shit. It’s easy to spot, there’s no grey area, just ban them for three games any time they do it and add three games on for each repeat offence. It’d stop in no time.

It just seems like no-one is arsed about it though. I mean the MOTD commentator kept going on and on about how lucky Huth was not to get a red or yellow card. There was a casual reference to Mitrovic ‘making the most of’ the contact, but that’s not really what he did at all is it? Making the most of if would have been holding his throat, not his fucking face. What he did was far worse than what Huth did, but no-one ever seems to care.

Moving on, and Arsenal did an Arsenal on Saturday and laid an egg when you least expected it. Don’t ever change Arsenal, don’t ever change.

Coquelin went off injured early on and will be out for a while, so let’s see how they deal with that. It was 0-0 when he went off and then Giroud put Arsenal ahead. Would they have held on if Coquelin was still playing? Who knows, but without him they let in two, with Arteta (who had moved into the “Coquelin role”) partially responsible for both.

Arteta conceded a free-kick that led to the first and he then scored an own goal for the second. You what’s really funny though? No matter what Arteta does, has done or might go on to do in his career the first thing I’ll always think of whenever I hear his name is the now legendary pisstake expression “Where’s the Arteta money, Bill?”.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the rest of the article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.