You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers

PaulMcC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's a specific agenda against Suarez, he's just the fall guy for knocking Liverpool (it'll be Rodgers very soon too).

You're a big club going through a rough patch, and that makes you the focus of media attention - who let's be honest, love to bring bad news to the masses.

When you're winning, you can get away with murder, when you're losing, they'll pick up on every little 'issue' to twist the knife.

And if you try and defend yourself? that gets used against you too... 'diverting attention from poor results'... 'sour grapes' etc etc.

I think all that Rodgers can do is tell Suarez to quit the antics and grin and bear the dodgy decisions. There is no other way through it until you start climbing the table and the media have changed focus onto another club.

There's an agenda against Suarez. End of.

Even Stevie wonder can see it.

There's an agenda against Suarez.

And if you believe it, and Luis believes it, we might as well sell him. he cause is lost.

Luis is a £22m, £6m a year superstar, with that comes attention, it comes with the territory.

Unless Luis believes that his performances, and his goals, are down to him he will not succeed. The lack of confidence that some have in him is mindblowing. He is an excellent player, capable of being even better. It is he who will make the difference, not a refereeing decision or a friendlier opposition manager.

It does make me laugh listening to some of our forumites on here telling us which senior execs of the club are doing a good job and which aren't.

Its just as easy to argue that the timing of this press release is spot on. No matter what we said yesterday, the press today was always going to be about Suarez's dive. Any defence was going to be lost within the attacks on Luis. Instead we have the attacks today, and now will have the rebuttal tomorrow where we should get the headlines that Rodgers fights back and maybe some reference to Huth's stamp and the general beating Suarez takes each game.

We'll see, but either way, can some of you shut the fuck up moaning about the likes of cheng as if you have half a fucking clue what you're talking about. Try and stop moaning about every fucking little thing the club does like it's the end of the world you bunch of fucking moaning tarts. This fucking place......it's like a big pack of middle aged fat hormonal women moaning about fuck all.

And if you believe it, and Luis believes it, we might as well sell him. he cause is lost.

Horse shit.

He is being victimised like clockwork now.

Every foul committed against him has the culprit running to the ref saying Suarez has faked it.

Every cunt commentator with an audience jumps on the bandwagon of negativity against him.

I believe he is being victimised. Most real football fans I know believe it and I believe by Rogers comments so far that he believes it.

Nobody is talking about giving up. We are all just stating facts.

It does make me laugh listening to some of our forumites on here telling us which senior execs of the club are doing a good job and which aren't.

Its just as easy to argue that the timing of this press release is spot on. No matter what we said yesterday, the press today was always going to be about Suarez's dive. Any defence was going to be lost within the attacks on Luis. Instead we have the attacks today, and now will have the rebuttal tomorrow where we should get the headlines that Rodgers fights back and maybe some reference to Huth's stamp and the general beating Suarez takes each game.

We'll see, but either way, can some of you shut the fuck up moaning about the likes of cheng as if you have half a fucking clue what you're talking about. Try and stop moaning about every fucking little thing the club does like it's the end of the world you bunch of fucking moaning tarts. This fucking place......it's like a big pack of middle aged fat hormonal women moaning about fuck all.

Do you not think then that the club's manager should be briefed by club officials immediately after a match before he speaks to the press? Had BR been aware of the stamp after the game he would have surely mentioned it. He isn't thick and seems very media savvy. Pulis hammered Suarez and wrote today's headlines. We all know that Suarez would have been hammered anyway but BR could have at the very least got our retaliation in first.

Our recent history is littered with examples of extreme naivety at best on the clubs part with our media dealings and PR. One example I can call on us Kenny's run in with Shreeves after the OT Manc game last season. KD had no knowledge of the handshake incident whatsoever 2hours after it occurred. It was already headline news worldwide and anyone with a brain knew it would be hot topic post match. Kenny hadn't been briefed, immediately went on the defensive, and the club soon issued a pathetic grovelling apology to Sky and Shreeves. It was a total embarrassment that could have been avoided. We have been a PR disaster in recent years.

I'm not blaming anyone individualy because I don't know who would be responsible for this kind of thing, if anyone. It's just my belief that we should have someone briefing the manager of what he is likely to face imediately after the final whistle. The fact that Brendan is issuing his statement 24hours later after the headlines have been written tells me that either the people we have doing the briefing aren't very good at their job, or we don't have anyone doing the job at all. I'm not pointlessly sniping at the club, this is an important issue in my opinion.

Our recent history is littered with examples of extreme naivety at best on the clubs part with our media dealings and PR. One example I can call on us Kenny's run in with Shreeves after the OT Manc game last season. KD had no knowledge of the handshake incident whatsoever 2hours after it occurred. It was already headline news worldwide and anyone with a brain knew it would be hot topic post match. Kenny hadn't been briefed, immediately went on the defensive, and the club soon issued a pathetic grovelling apology to Sky and Shreeves. It was a total embarrassment that could have been avoided. We have been a PR disaster in recent years.

Absolutely spot and especially the bit I've quoted there.

Those running the club have learned nothing over the past couple of years. The Suarez fiasco in particular should have been a massive learning curve but seemingly that's not been the case, which is very worrying.

Rodgers was asked about the stamp in the post-match press conference but said he hadn't seen it. I didn't see it either to be fair and I was at the game.

It's a bit churlish to criticise him for not defending Suarez when he didn't know what had happened.

Rodgers was asked about the stamp in the post-match press conference but said he hadn't seen it. I didn't see it either to be fair and I was at the game.

It's a bit churlish to criticise him for not defending Suarez when he didn't know what had happened.

Surely some ponce with an ipad from the club should have been at him before the conference asking if he'd seen the stamp and showing him a video!

Not Rodgers' fault but Mr Marsh is correct, the club should be handling these things better.

Surprise surprise there's already an article on the Gaurdian website about Huth's stamp and the treatment of Suarez. Oliver Holt, whose paper never even mentioned the stamp in their match report and had 2 articles about Suarez's dive today is now talking about the stamp and the dive together on twitter and clearly trying to justify their non mention of the stamp. Who'd have thunk it....

Surprise surprise there's already an article on the Gaurdian website about Huth's stamp and the treatment of Suarez. Oliver Holt, whose paper never even mentioned the stamp in their match report and had 2 articles about Suarez's dive today is now talking about the stamp and the dive together on twitter and clearly trying to justify their non mention of the stamp. Who'd have thunk it....

Hmmm, the press in writing the story you present them on a plate shocker. I dunno, it's almost as though with a little smarts you could leverage that fact to control, shape or even reset the agenda.

Hmmm, the press in writing the story you present them on a plate shocker. I dunno, it's almost as though with a little smarts you could leverage that fact to control, shape or even reset the agenda.

As a club we are not currently strong enough to set the press agenda like a Man Utd can. We have to play the game. The attacks on suarez today have been ridiculous when you consider what Bale and Van Persie were up to also. The club may have wanted to wait and see what the reaction was like prior to having to go on yet another defensive campaign.

What suarez did was always going to set the tone of the press reporting the following day. That was unavoidable as Suarez is big news so the press are waiting there with pen cockek at every game he plays. If we can get a few headlines tomorrow showing that Suarez is getting kicked from pillar to post then some damage control may have occurred, but we were losing this one the second Suarez took that swan dive, regardless of Huths stamp and whether or not Rodgers had saw it.

I don't think there's a specific agenda against Suarez, he's just the fall guy for knocking Liverpool (it'll be Rodgers very soon too).

You're a big club going through a rough patch, and that makes you the focus of media attention - who let's be honest, love to bring bad news to the masses.

When you're winning, you can get away with murder, when you're losing, they'll pick up on every little 'issue' to twist the knife.

And if you try and defend yourself? that gets used against you too... 'diverting attention from poor results'... 'sour grapes' etc etc.

I think all that Rodgers can do is tell Suarez to quit the antics and grin and bear the dodgy decisions. There is no other way through it until you start climbing the table and the media have changed focus onto another club.

Really?

When the media were clamouring to get Scott parker as england captain last season, your striker, who at the time was subject to a media witch-hunt himself, mistimed his footing. The result as a 3 match ban. Was this deliberate? Who knows? But the media had balotelli in their sights and they ensured they got the bad guy. Much like yesterday the current pantomime villain got a bad treatment. Was that deliberate? Who knows again, most of us suspect it was but did you see the same desperation from the pigs to get justice for a innocuous moment? No, because the bad guy was on the end of it rathr than committing it. If Luis was allegedly stamping on another player, he would already be up on the charge before we were having this discussion.

If you think Jenny is doing even a half decent job you need to think again Jonnhy.

Fair play to Rodgers for at least attempting a decent comeback to all Tony's shit.

As others above in this thread have noted its time we started getting a bit more savvy in these matters and I think today is maybe showing the start of that.

Thing is I still think Rodgers needs help fighting our corner, too long now we've been leaving managers on their own pissing in the wind. I have no idea if the people in executive positions within the club are doing their job right.

But we've been piss poor for years PR wise and we still look like we're only beginning to get to grips with how to handle ourselves.

As a club we are not currently strong enough to set the press agenda like a Man Utd can. We have to play the game. The attacks on suarez today have been ridiculous when you consider what Bale and Van Persie were up to also. The club may have wanted to wait and see what the reaction was like prior to having to go on yet another defensive campaign.

What suarez did was always going to set the tone of the press reporting the following day. That was unavoidable as Suarez is big news so the press are waiting there with pen cockek at every game he plays. If we can get a few headlines tomorrow showing that Suarez is getting kicked from pillar to post then some damage control may have occurred, but we were losing this one the second Suarez took that swan dive, regardless of Huths stamp and whether or not Rodgers had saw it.

See I don't agree that the Suarez story had to go out the way it did. There is plenty that could have been done to, at the very least, frame it in far less damaging terms.

I also don't agree that you have to be Manure to manage the press cycle. Redknapp and Mourinho have shown two different ways to get an advantage. Right there, you have three different approaches all of which applied consistently have put them in a better position than our stumbling from accident to accident.

Guest ShoePiss

Shut the fuck up you little moaning bitch.

See I don't agree that the Suarez story had to go out the way it did. There is plenty that could have been done to, at the very least, frame it in far less damaging terms.

I also don't agree that you have to be Manure to manage the press cycle. Redknapp and Mourinho have shown two different ways to get an advantage. Right there, you have three different approaches all of which applied consistently have put them in a better position than our stumbling from accident to accident.

What could we seriously have done that would have made the press change their positions and write more balanced articles on Suarez? Do you think anything we said would have stopped the dive being the headlines?