You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers

PaulMcC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"As manager of this football club I find it incredible that in nearly all the coverage about Luis Suarez this weekend, very little focus has been placed on the fact that he was actually the victim of a stamping incident within the first five minutes of the game," said Rodgers.*

"At this moment there seems to be one set of rules for Luis and another set for everyone else.

"Diving and simulation is obviously a wider issue in football and one that we all agree has to be eradicated from our game but there were other incidents this weekend that didn't seem to generate the same coverage.

"No one should be distracted by the real issue here, both at Anfield and at another game played on Sunday, when Luis and another player were hurt in off-the-ball incidents that went unpunished but were caught on TV cameras.

"I believe some people need to develop a sense of perspective and I also believe in this moment the vilification of Luis is both wrong and unfair.

"I will continue to protect the values, spirit and people of this great club and game while searching for a consistent level of results in order to make progress on the field."

"As manager of this football club I find it incredible that in nearly all the coverage about Luis Suarez this weekend' date=' very little focus has been placed on the fact that he was actually the victim of a stamping incident within the first five minutes of the game," said Rodgers.*

"At this moment there seems to be one set of rules for Luis and another set for everyone else.

"Diving and simulation is obviously a wider issue in football and one that we all agree has to be eradicated from our game but there were other incidents this weekend that didn't seem to generate the same coverage.

"No one should be distracted by the real issue here, both at Anfield and at another game played on Sunday, when Luis and another player were hurt in off-the-ball incidents that went unpunished but were caught on TV cameras.

"I believe some people need to develop a sense of perspective and I also believe in this moment the vilification of Luis is both wrong and unfair.

"I will continue to protect the values, spirit and people of this great club and game while searching for a consistent level of results in order to make progress on the field."[/quote']

That's a big "Fuck Off" to the rest of the country.

Far too late. Copy has already been written. Condemnations issued. Pulis understands the press cycle. We don't. This is about as poorly timed as Paul's post!

Oh I agree that its too late. But still find it amusing that it was put up on the website just after someone made a thread complaining that Rodgers was keeping silent!

To be fair I highly doubt Brendan seen the stamping incident by the time he spoke after the match yesterday.

However, we have a communications department who should have pre-empted what the topic of discussion was going to be (diving Suarez) , made sure BR was shown the incident and therefor give ln us atleast a fighting chance of setting our own agenda. Instead, as always seems to be the case, we are left playing catch up and closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Pulis is a fucking snidey cunt who new exactly what he was doing. He knows the agenda against Suarez, his master Ferguson would have well briefed him on that. By straight away setting anti Suarez agenda after the match it totally takes all focus away from his ale house tactics and Huth's stamp. If it was Suarez who'd commited the stamp on Huth there would be a meltdown of English football and a lynch mob of millions marching to Liverpool to deport him.

I don't blame BR , this should be dictated from above him. Lets set our own agenda for once.

To be fair I highly doubt Brendan seen the stamping incident by the time he spoke after the match yesterday.

However, we have a communications department who should have pre-empted what the topic of discussion was going to be (diving Suarez) , made sure BR was shown the incident and therefor give ln us atleast a fighting chance of setting our own agenda. Instead, as always seems to be the case, we are left playing catch up and closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Pulis is a fucking snidey cunt who new exactly what he was doing. He knows the agenda against Suarez, his master Ferguson would have well briefed him on that. By straight away setting anti Suarez agenda after the match it totally takes all focus away from his ale house tactics and Huth's stamp. If it was Suarez who'd commited the stamp on Huth there would be a meltdown of English football and a lynch mob of millions marching to Liverpool to deport him.

I don't blame BR , this should be dictated from above him. Lets set our own agenda for once.

Guest ShoePiss

Yeah, Jenny Chang. She has been another completely useless appointment.

Guest San Don
Not really, it's more a gentle reproach for not having a "better perspective".

Seriously, do you think its just a question of making a few headlines or being like ferguson because if you do, you're very naive.

Can you imagine the furore had Suarez stamped on Huth in the same way? In fact he'd have got a red card at that moment too.

I'm pleased BR has come out with this, but the agenda against Suarez, and there is undoubtedly an agenda in my opinion, is so strong that every little thing he does is blown out of all proportion. Even the "dive". I bet we could analyse all the weekend games and find many more examples of a dive, such as Bale's ludicrous attempt, yet none of them hardly merit a mention in the press and on TV. I really don't know why he would want to stay in England, it seems to me that it would be far easier for him to move abroad and escape all of this constant shite. It's like a mediaeval witch hunt, the media obsession with him is truly bizarre.

Can you imagine the furore had Suarez stamped on Huth in the same way? In fact he'd have got a red card at that moment too.

I'm pleased BR has come out with this, but the agenda against Suarez, and there is undoubtedly an agenda in my opinion, is so strong that every little thing he does is blown out of all proportion. Even the "dive". I bet we could analyse all the weekend games and find many more examples of a dive, such as Bale's ludicrous attempt, yet none of them hardly merit a mention in the press and on TV. I really don't know why he would want to stay in England, it seems to me that it would be far easier for him to move abroad and escape all of this constant shite. It's like a mediaeval witch hunt, the media obsession with him is truly bizarre.

I can just about imagine the outrage he would become public enemy number one.

Johnny foreigner an easy target. Is Suarez stealing our taxes on benefits too? I am outraged! :telloff:

I don't think there's a specific agenda against Suarez, he's just the fall guy for knocking Liverpool (it'll be Rodgers very soon too).

You're a big club going through a rough patch, and that makes you the focus of media attention - who let's be honest, love to bring bad news to the masses.

When you're winning, you can get away with murder, when you're losing, they'll pick up on every little 'issue' to twist the knife.

And if you try and defend yourself? that gets used against you too... 'diverting attention from poor results'... 'sour grapes' etc etc.

I think all that Rodgers can do is tell Suarez to quit the antics and grin and bear the dodgy decisions. There is no other way through it until you start climbing the table and the media have changed focus onto another club.