You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke
And continuing The Last Leg theme...is ok to say I've never seen so many good looking people with disabilities?

I've had a bit of a letch, some real cute women.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having not previously watched the Paralympics I liked Jimmy Carr's comments on the Last Leg the other night...'for the first couple of days I just saw the disability...and now all I see is the ability'. I dont always like Carr but he came across well as a guest

I went to the athletics last night and was blown away. The stadium and park were fantastic as was the view from the orbit, bit strange being a tourist in your home country. The events were really interesting, the variety of classifications gave a twist to each event, I couldn't believe I was seeing 1 legged chaps doing the high jump. Missed Osbourne getting booed must have been at the orbit at the time

Guest Pistonbroke
I was really looking forward to watching the paralympics but have struggled to get into them.

Work has been crazy so not had as much time as I'd wanted and the channel 4 coverage has pissed me off. It's not been that bad but I just feel the beeb would have done it so much better.

Yeh, the coverage hasn't been as good as it could have been but i guess that is down to the budget and the fact they have to meet their advertising quota. Still been some great studio guests/commentary and the late night show "The last leg" has been as funny as feck. Thoroughly enjoyed the performances by the sportsmen/women and the humility and elation they have shown, credit to sport and an inspiration to many.

I was really looking forward to watching the paralympics but have struggled to get into them.

Work has been crazy so not had as much time as I'd wanted and the channel 4 coverage has pissed me off. It's not been that bad but I just feel the beeb would have done it so much better.

Does anyone know why its C4 and not the BBC doing the coverage? We were talking about this last night and how if the Olympics are seen as one of those flagship events that are broadcast by the 'state' broadcaster, what does it say if the Paralympics are not seen in the same way.

I know things have come along way and I think these games have challenged more preconceptions and one of the legacies might be that that the Paralympics come to be regarded as having a similar claim in broadcasting terms as the able bodied games

Does anyone know why its C4 and not the BBC doing the coverage? We were talking about this last night and how if the Olympics are seen as one of those flagship events that are broadcast by the 'state' broadcaster' date=' what does it say if the Paralympics are not seen in the same way.

I know things have come along way and I think these games have challenged more preconceptions and one of the legacies might be that that the Paralympics come to be regarded as having a similar claim in broadcasting terms as the able bodied games[/quote']

I was told, not sure of 100% true, that Ch4 bid £9m to Beeb £5m.

Guest Pistonbroke

Amazing achievement, the crowd was ecstatic and knowledgeable to know how hard it is to double up on 5000 and 1500 in a wheelchair...The honours list is going to be long next time...many of these Para Olympians deserve to be on it.

Does anyone know why its C4 and not the BBC doing the coverage? We were talking about this last night and how if the Olympics are seen as one of those flagship events that are broadcast by the 'state' broadcaster, what does it say if the Paralympics are not seen in the same way.

I know things have come along way and I think these games have challenged more preconceptions and one of the legacies might be that that the Paralympics come to be regarded as having a similar claim in broadcasting terms as the able bodied games

Is there an argument to make the Olympics and Paralympics one package? Equality and all that

Guest Pistonbroke
The replay makes you see how incredibly difficult balance and timing is for them

Yep, they were so far ahead, think the 4th girl went off a tad to early and then by the time she got the baton (looks like it is close to them still getting DQ'd) she lost all her momentum. They would have easily won the Gold, shame, but the way they celebrated the bronze (if it stays that way) was a joy to see. You wouldn't see Chambers etc doing that.