You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GAA 2012

Carradona

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought for a while Cork would win it too, but there is something about this team this year. If Cork aren't 100% at the races, we'll take them down.

The same was said for Kerry, and I'll say the same for Dublin. If they keep believing the Herald hype and what not, we'll take them down too. Dublin have undoubted quality but if all 15 of them are not at 100% mentally, we'll take them down.

Mayo to beat the Dubs and Donegal to beat Mayo in the final. It would be a novel final if not the most pretty.

It's been hard for Dublin to replicate the hunger of last year. That's unsurprising given the effort they put into winning Sam. Kerry in 07 are the only team since 1990 to win 2 in a row and this is because it takes so much out a team to win it in the 1st place. Even Tyrone, a very dedicated group took a couple of years out after winning their AIs. Do people honestly believe that Donegal will be as fit or manic next year if they have a Celtic Cross in their pocket?

We were shite. The 10 minute spell after half time effectively killed the game along with Mayo's consistent time wasting.

We probably would have won it had Brogan scored the goal chance at the end. But, hey ho, we'll move on.

Backing up my thoughts that Dubliners are like a pleasant mixture of Mancs and bitters!

When I was in Sligo yesterday there was a goof few houses with Donegal and Mayo flags in their windows which seemed fairly strange to me.

North West pride and unity maybe.

Unfashionable I know, but perhaps an example of rivals/neighbours not hating one another for a change.

Just a thought.

Biggest day in Irish sport today, the all Ireland hurling final Kilkenny v Galway. Anybody outside Ireland try catch it online or satellite, you'll never witnessed a higher level of sport skill and fitness on a field

It should be superb.

It will be superb.

I think the Cats might just pinch it.

Just.

But I'd like to see it go to the Tribesmen.

Just cos.