You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TK421

Anubis

My point is that the quality of the FF has deteriorated even further since the introduction of the MF and IMO, this has more of a negative impact on attracting further revenue for Dave rather than the positive impact expected. More members should increase the level of debate but the first impression of visitors is the FF which, in general, is a mongfest.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that the quality of the FF has deteriorated even further since the introduction of the MF and IMO, this has more of a negative impact on attracting further revenue for Dave rather than the positive impact expected. More members should increase the level of debate but the first impression of visitors is the FF which, in general, is a mongfest.

The FF was a mongfest before the creation of the MF, and you had a lot of people (and not just long term posters) who actually paid money that were considering fucking it off.

If they left, then Dave would just have been left with a bunch of mongs who had no intention of contributing to the site.

It's past the point of no return now though - close the MF and no way are the people that only really post there going to start wading through this torrent of shite again. For most of those people though, it was past the point of no return before the MF was created anyway.

I agree that the quality of the FF has deteriorated since the MF was created but I'd dispute that the MF is the cause of that - I think the FF just continued down the same trajectory it was headed along and at pretty much the same pace. I'm certainly not convinced that not creating the MF would have somehow dragged the FF back. Unfortunately many people are arseholes and the proportion of them on the FF is still probably lower than the proportion I see in other areas of my life.

I'm prepared to accept that the problem there may be my life though...

The thing that first attracted me to this site was the good humored debate and volume of traffic. Unfortunately the MF has the good humored debate but not a lot of traffic while the FF has a lot more traffic and most of the mongs. Personally I think a concerted effort from the MFers to change the path of the FF was the better option.

The thing that first attracted me to this site was the good humored debate and volume of traffic. Unfortunately the MF has the good humored debate but not a lot of traffic while the FF has a lot more traffic and most of the mongs. Personally I think a concerted effort from the MFers to change the path of the FF was the better option.

l.jpg

Istanbul changed it all. There was a huge influx of posters (the site crashed just after the final...).

Before Istanbul the WUMS or antoginists were part of the furniture.

saturday shopper, Dr Ahmed,phd, that bloke in NZ was a bit viscious and the golden shower.

Dancing Dave (RIP) also there was some epic banter.

The poster that was Djbril Cisse who kept re-registering and staring at least five threads every fifteen minutes. He went through aboot 10 usernames.

Anyway, the last few years it seems there's loads of WUM, everyone calling everyone a cunt and shameless bashing of players with constructive criticism.

But I do see progress!

No one has mentioned Rashid.

Istanbul changed it all. There was a huge influx of posters (the site crashed just after the final...).

Before Istanbul the WUMS or antoginists were part of the furniture.

saturday shopper, Dr Ahmed,phd, that bloke in NZ was a bit viscious and the golden shower.

Dancing Dave (RIP) also there was some epic banter.

The poster that was Djbril Cisse who kept re-registering and staring at least five threads every fifteen minutes. He went through aboot 10 usernames.

Anyway, the last few years it seems there's loads of WUM, everyone calling everyone a cunt and shameless bashing of players with constructive criticism.

But I do see progress!

No one has mentioned Rashid.

Golden days.

Edit - sorry to hear TK has packed it in, one of the good guys.

I think the FF has taken it's natural course. As the years have progressed people who were banned on other sites have found TLW is one of the most tolerant and least modded sites on the internet, and so we've ended up with everybody elses trolls and goblins.

I think people moan too much about the site and the ff to be honest. People act like the site is somehow there to entertain them, but don't actually contribute to trying to make the discussion any better, or post any decent threads, and when something is said that they don't approve of it's 'fuck this I'm off to the ff', or 'this place is getting worse'.

If more good posters actively contributed, actively posted more or created interesting threads then that'd be half the battle won.

If certain posters are annoying people they can be placed on ignore.

TK was one of my favourite posters way back when, and as close to a 'mate' as I could consider someone I'd never met, but in recent months he'd had the aura of a poster who no longer particularly cared either way. I don't think it was certain posters or the club's plight which pushed him over, he struck me as just bored plain and simple.

That's what happens when you've been on the site a long time though. The whole thing can get that air of groundhog day about it. But that's only natural.

For me though, moaning about the place is like moaning that everyone in the pub is chatting shit, while you're actually saying nothing yourself and often don't even buy a drink.

I don't think the FF is that bad. I would rather have to go through a couple of pages of shite or the odd absolutely shite thread to find one or two good posts than read through 20 pages of absolute wankers toeing a party line wanking each other off.

It is easily the most unmodded LFC site and therefore you get the most contrasting views which is bound to lead to people getting called cunts etc.

I don't think the FF is that bad. I would rather have to go through a couple of pages of shite or the odd absolutely shite thread to find one or two good posts than read through 20 pages of absolute wankers toeing a party line wanking each other off.

It is easily the most unmodded LFC site and therefore you get the most contrasting views which is bound to lead to people getting called cunts etc.

I have no idea why but i laughed like fuck at this.

I think people moan too much about the site and the ff to be honest. People act like the site is somehow there to entertain them, but don't actually contribute to trying to make the discussion any better, or post any decent threads, and when something is said that they don't approve of it's 'fuck this I'm off to the ff', or 'this place is getting worse'.

If more good posters actively contributed, actively posted more or created interesting threads then that'd be half the battle won.

If certain posters are annoying people they can be placed on ignore.

TK was one of my favourite posters way back when, and as close to a 'mate' as I could consider someone I'd never met, but in recent months he'd had the aura of a poster who no longer particularly cared either way. I don't think it was certain posters or the club's plight which pushed him over, he struck me as just bored plain and simple.

That's what happens when you've been on the site a long time though. The whole thing can get that air of groundhog day about it. But that's only natural.

For me though, moaning about the place is like moaning that everyone in the pub is chatting shit, while you're actually saying nothing yourself and often don't even buy a drink.

Concurred.