You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TK421

Anubis

Most are in that catergory i bet , it seems to be getting worse to and its all mainly down to a certain cunt of a poster who ruins nearly every thread with his tedious negative troll like bullshit.

Im more of a reader that a contributer here , i liked reading TKs posts also its a shame hes decided to fuck it off but you cant blame him for it , the good debate on here is getting less and less because threads are consistantly derailed which is a shame because this is/was? the best Liverpool forum on out there.

If people don't have the self control to ignore certain posters/threads, well the internet is not the place for them.

The abuse on here is pretty standard for anyone who doesn't toe the party line. It happens everywhere in every form of life. Sure people wouldn't say quite the things they do, face to face, but the principle remains the same.

Like JohnnyH, though, the age of some of the posters amuses me. I always put the puerile shit down to people being teenage or not far beyond, but to find out they are in their forties or have kids is hilarious.

If people learned a bit of self restraint, this place would improve out of sight. It has some genuinely excellent posters.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, warrior, why don't you flounce off with your mates and make an excellent forum where everyone agrees and you can ban anyone who doesn't.

Awesome.

You see, when you adopt such risible tones this makes you more an 'internet warrior' than anyone else. You're still struggling to grasp this as you are still struggling to digest the fact that posting misinformed, contrary nonsense does not qualify as going against the grain.

OK.

Your knowledge of this club and football in general doesn't seem to stretch that far but that doesn't stop you from being an obnoxious, judgemental stiff on this football forum.

You see, when you adopt such risible tones this makes you more an 'internet warrior' than anyone else. You're still struggling to grasp this as you are still struggling to digest the fact that posting misinformed, contrary nonsense does not qualify as going against the grain.

OK.

Your knowledge of this club and football in general doesn't seem to stretch that far but that doesn't stop you from being an obnoxious, judgemental stiff on this football forum.

You don't get it, do you, Coro?

It's threads descending into your sort of warrior type shit which is driving people away in the very thread discussing a poster who had left. Surely the irony is not lost on you?

Surely.

You don't get it, do you, Coro?

It's threads descending into your sort of warrior type shit which is driving people away in the very thread discussing a poster who had left. Surely the irony is not lost on you?

Surely.

So people responding to risible misinformed turds like yourself are the ones driving the likes of Razor n co away? That's some leap you've taken to try and deflect from your own shortcomings. Those posters i've mentioned i got on well with, they've all sent nice messages via the PM route or the rep thingy. I could say the same about others who have left or rarely post any more, go fucking me, eh.

In your head it's OK to antagonise and then have the audacity to claim others are behaving like 'warriors'.

It's this type of ignorance and your complete lack of consideration/knowledge that drags debate into the mire.

Yes, irony. Yes.

If people don't have the self control to ignore certain posters/threads, well the internet is not the place for them.

The abuse on here is pretty standard for anyone who doesn't toe the party line. It happens everywhere in every form of life. Sure people wouldn't say quite the things they do, face to face, but the principle remains the same.

Like JohnnyH, though, the age of some of the posters amuses me. I always put the puerile shit down to people being teenage or not far beyond, but to find out they are in their forties or have kids is hilarious.

If people learned a bit of self restraint, this place would improve out of sight. It has some genuinely excellent posters.

I agree with Coro on this. Rudeness or aggression doesn't bother me half as much as this kind of patronising bollocks.

You put people taking issue with you down to the fact that you don't 'tow the party line' rather than because you talk shit, which you do. I have an infinite amount of time for people who go against the grain, as long as they have something interesting to say. You just condescend to everyone in sight and when you get called on it you take the moral high ground.

As for self-control, well, I would say a majority of posters exert that every time they come on here. There are more and more people acting like bellends but what's the point in calling them on it? People never change, especially when there's no system of repercussions in place.

Still, when you find that coming on here has become little more than an effort of grand stoicism, you have to ask yourself why you would bother? So the people that ultimately will prevail in these kinds of arguments are the people that either aren't reflective enough to see that everyone is sick of them, or the people who know that everyone is sick of them but don't care. Which more or less dooms us to entropy.

I agree with Coro on this. Rudeness or aggression doesn't bother me half as much as this kind of patronising bollocks.

You put people taking issue with you down to the fact that you don't 'tow the party line' rather than because you talk shit, which you do. I have an infinite amount of time for people who go against the grain, as long as they have something interesting to say. You just condescend to everyone in sight and when you get called on it you take the moral high ground.

As for self-control, well, I would say a majority of posters exert that every time they come on here. There are more and more people acting like bellends but what's the point in calling them on it? People never change, especially when there's no system of repercussions in place.

Still, when you find that coming on here has become little more than an effort of grand stoicism, you have to ask yourself why you would bother? So the people that ultimately will prevail in these kinds of arguments are the people that either aren't reflective enough to see that everyone is sick of them, or the people who know that everyone is sick of them but don't care. Which more or less dooms us to entropy.

I 'talk shit' because you don't agree with what I say in reality, Resonator. And feel free to use this as an example and confirmation of your belief I am condescending. Your antagonistic observation deserves little better.

I fell foul of people over my Suarez/Evra stance and people are contunually responding to the poster and not the post showing their inability to move the fuck on from it. And, yet, obviously smart folk like yourself, still believe what you believe. The way of the world.

As far as agreeing with Coro, his intervention in this thread was ironic from start to finish. So much so, I would hope that he was kidding. But I would wager he wasn't.

I 'talk shit' because you don't agree with what I say in reality, Resonator. And feel free to use this as an example and confirmation of your belief I am condescending. Your antagonistic observation deserves little better.

I do have an issue with people reacting to the poster rather than the post, but everyone is guilty of it some extent.

However, you are condescending, so I can see why you annoy some.

I don't really know the ins and outs of TK's exit, but I can guess.

I do have an issue with people reacting to the poster rather than the post, but everyone is guilty of it some extent.

I don't really know the ins and outs of TK's exit, but I can guess.

I have to admit that, on occasions, I'm guilty of reacting to the poster rather than the post.

I've stopped and analysed why I do this and I've come to the conclusion it's because I think that the poster is a tit.

I've then looked at the reasons for why I have reached this conclusion, and whether or not I should give the poster concerned a chance to change my opinion.

So far, I still think they're tits.

Re TK, it's a shame to see another long-term poster leave, particularly when we can't seem to get rid of some of the complete muppets we have on here...

Has he gone to support Brighton with Thants?

Cod no, he's no fair weathered wind changing handsome fickle fucker like me. He's an intergalactic passionate red.

Shame for the forum he's gone, I loved M. We were once all moving in the same direction, then the internet got angry and the anal blinkered idiots came out to play, one like a statistical monkey with a drum. Sooner or later you're going to go back inside and close the door.

If those who follow me on twitter find TK send him my way will yas.

RIPTK421

You lived in Clapham for years, I can sometimes appear/be condescending. We all have our faults.

[condescension] Posters most definitely respond to me not my post and it's a little irksome on occasion. But, as I said, it happens all the time everywhere and people will always be people and self-awareness will always be scant [/condescension]

Martin has gone? I'm sure it wasn't me this time as I haven't posted for a while. A strange guy in many ways, at least on here. How you can hate people on a football forum is beyond me, but he seemed increasingly to be driven by it, and it skewed everything he wrote about on the FF and MF. I'm sure it was having an effect on his well being. Getting away from here, even on a temporary basis, will do him the power of good - I hope so anyway.

Cod no, he's no fair weathered wind changing handsome fickle fucker like me. He's an intergalactic passionate red.

Shame for the forum he's gone, I loved M. We were once all moving in the same direction, then the internet got angry and the anal blinkered idiots came out to play, one like a statistical monkey with a drum. Sooner or later you're going to go back inside and close the door.

If those who follow me on twitter find TK send him my way will yas.

RIPTK421

That's a trifle rich, given that you're not even a liverpool supporter and TK wouldn't know where the ground is. Code drives everyone mad, even people who agree with him on occasion, but I would argue he's a more dedicated, committed and knowledgeable supporter than you two. I used to enjoy your posts Nick, even though I knew you weren't really a supporter. These days you post to snipe at people. What is the point in that?

That's a trifle rich, given that you're not even a liverpool supporter and TK wouldn't know where the ground is. Code drives everyone mad, even people who agree with him on occasion, but I would argue he's a more dedicated, committed and knowledgeable supporter than you two. I used to enjoy your posts Nick, even though I knew you weren't really a supporter. These days you post to snipe at people. What is the point in that?

What a bag of old arse. Jesus, a post full of snipes and you have the audacity to end it with that?

I have to say...

As an 'outsider' barring literally only a handful of posts, it's been a fairly welcoming forum.

Obviously, when other fans post, it can be a red rag to a bull sometimes, but by and large, one of the appeals of this site is that it's the football opinions coming through rather than witless crap.

There's always going to be the odd moron, and always going to be some pretty diverse opinions even amongst fans who support the same club and saw the same game!, but the decent posters just put their points across and try and counter others.... and on the next thread, they might agree 100% with each other.

As forums go, I'd say this was a decent one, and the best one I could find on Liverpool. A lot more right with it than their is wrong, and there's a lot more credible posters than there are wind up merchants.