You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TK421

Anubis

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was up to me I'd ban most of you dickheads for your inability to not put someone on ignore. You whine about dragging the forum down but respond with the same level of abuse at the same people time and again.

Carry on you slobbering Mongs.

I'm predominately a lurker. I don't post much because I'd rather have a read through for 15 mins and bugger off and do other things. i'm also travelling with an ipad and my sausage finges aren't so great on the keypad. That said, I value the informative and insightful poster, and the opportunity for a range of opinions is what makes a forum flourish.

Truth be told though, this place has turned into a dire affair the last few months. Where as I used to read good posts and stumble across a few arsehole contributions, things have turned in their head and I'm having to sieve through shit to find a golden nugget.

I used to know who the 'contributors' to avoid were but now I don't know whether I'm coming or going. Nearly every thread goes stale by the 3rd or 4th page because Mr A disagrees with Mr B so calls him a streak of piss, Mr B responds by throwing the word cunt in there and Mr C who felt insulted by Mr B in yesterday's thread feels the need to get involved again. Could you be arsed?

Just out of interest I've read this thread completely and the irony seems lost to some.

I don't consider myself a member of the community here, I'm not around much. But if it's bothering me, then I'm not suprised that longer term and more regular forumites are finding themselves pissing in the wind and calling it quits.

I'll be back though, looking for the next Dave U or Section 31 or [insert good poster] gem.

Edited by lukem

I'm predominately a lurker. I don't post much because I'd rather have a read through for 15 mins and bugger off and do other things. i'm also travelling with an ipad and my sausage finges aren't so great on the keypad. That said, I value the informative and insightful poster, and the opportunity for a range of opinions is what makes a forum flourish.

Truth be told though, this place has turned into a dire affair the last few months. Where as I used to read good posts and stumble across a few arsehole contributions, things have turned in their head and I'm having to sieve through shit to find a golden nugget.

I used to know who the 'contributors' to avoid were but now I don't know whether I'm coming or going. Nearly every thread goes stale by the 3rd or 4th page because Mr A disagrees with Mr B so calls him a streak of piss, Mr B responds by throwing the word cunt in there and Mr C who felt insulted by Mr B in yesterday's thread feels the need to get involved again. Could you be arsed?

Just out of interest I've read this thread completely and the irony seems lost to some.

I don't consider myself a member of the community here, I'm not around much. But if it's bothering me, then I'm not suprised that longer term and more regular forumites are finding themselves pissing in the wind and calling it quits.

I'll be back though, looking for the next Dave U or Section 31 or [insert good poster] gem.

Fuck off you streak of piss.

Pyro+s+new+weapon_ac00d5_3841162.gif

It's fuckin boss you whopper

why has everyone become so sensitive? you lot all on or something?

If it was up to me I'd ban most of you dickheads for your inability to not put someone on ignore. You whine about dragging the forum down but respond with the same level of abuse at the same people time and again.

Carry on you slobbering Mongs.

Just to answer your question, yes there was every need.

You mong.

Personally think the idea to have a members forum was one of the worst ideas for this place. Obviously Dave can run the gaff how he wishes like.

This sort of comment really riles me. It comes mainly from people who are not willing to put their hand in their pocket to help Dave fund the running of the site (Not lumping you in the same category as I don't know if you buy the fanzine for example)

The MF is self controlled and people respect it because those that do pay don’t want a thread ruined by abuse being thrown around and the debate can happen without the slobbering window lickers ruining a thread.

I am under the impression the MF was set up to get the long time posters having the sort of site they originally signed up for. I would say the MF is pretty close to the same site it was when I signed up 7 years ago. And long may that continue.

The Bitch and many before him in years gone by have hit the nail on the head, use the e ignore function as that is what is there for, but there are too many dicks who just want to argue on forums all day and don’t give a flying fuck about etiquette or have the ability to read someone’s post properly without putting their prejudices of that poster to one side.

There are a list of posters who are top of everyone’s list to hate because it seems the “in” thing to do. Code for example somehow winds everybody up, just because he has an opinion and people disagree with it. The funny thing is he makes a lot of sense in a crazy statistical kind of way, but because people have this opinion of him because he calls it how HE sees it, people call him all the cunts under the sun, if you don’t want to read a Code post people, stick him on ignore.

It’s that fucking simple.

I'm on here every day and I love the place, but it's turned mad now and less enjoyable. Not a slight on Dave and the Mods, some people can't control themselves, Gold members and forumites both.

Been coming here for eight years now but I've recently joined another forum (non footy) and its so refreshing not to see the word Cunt or Rafa every other thread. It's nice.

It's all about the GF and MF here.

Tell me the name of this forum, so I can go there and teach those backward and unenlightened heathens how civilised people debate.

Personally think the idea to have a members forum was one of the worst ideas for this place. Obviously Dave can run the gaff how he wishes like.

I agree 100%. the members forum has ruined the football forum, the very reason people come here in the first place.

No it hasn't.

It's given people a place to go where they don't have put up with all the dribbling fucking idiots who would argue with a doorknob if they thought it looked at them funny.

Yes, you have to pay for it, but that is what keeps the dribbling idiots out.

Because strangely, despite having VERY LOUD VOICES, posting thousands of times in a matter of weeks and claiming to be the world's greatest Liverpool fans, they're generally too fucking tight to spend pennies a day for the privilege.

So what was your point? That the MF has led to quality posters abandoning the FF?

If I remember correctly, the MF was created because many of those posters were going to abandon the FF anyway, the difference is that without the MF they'd have just fucked the place off completely. Some have done that anyway.

Please don't say that we all have a responsibility to drag the level of debate up to an acceptable standard - morally you're right but believe me it becomes a increasingly difficult and onerous task as the months and years pass until eventually you start to resent having to do it and just give up.

I still post on both fora, in fact despite being a member I probably post more on the FF than the MF and post more on the GF than both of them put together. I like the fact that the FF has a more knockabout atmosphere but then I'm not the kind of shimmering quim who gives a fuck what somebody on the internet thinks about me or my opinions; when the PC is switched off I sleep just fine.

So what was your point? That the MF has led to quality posters abandoning the FF?

If I remember correctly, the MF was created because many of those posters were going to abandon the FF anyway, the difference is that without the MF they'd have just fucked the place off completely. Some have done that anyway.

Please don't say that we all have a responsibility to drag the level of debate up to an acceptable standard - morally you're right but believe me it becomes a increasingly difficult and onerous task as the months and years pass until eventually you start to resent having to do it and just give up.

I still post on both fora, in fact despite being a member I probably post more on the FF than the MF and post more on the GF than both of them put together. I like the fact that the FF has a more knockabout atmosphere but then I'm not the kind of shimmering quim who gives a fuck what somebody on the internet thinks about me or my opinions; when the PC is switched off I sleep just fine.

Bingo.