You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Looking likely that Harry will be gone from Spurs tomorrow

I'm fucking made up, this will cock them up big time, its classic Tottenham thinking they're some super club

They wanted Rodgers which makes you think is this why we went for him now?

They dont want Moyes apparently which is a but gutting but they'll appoint someone who'll be shit its a nap and thats good news for us

Levy wont sanction wages over 70k which is winding arry up cos he thinks sould they raise it they could make a big challenge

Bale will be off so will Modric

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of rumours about this.

Arry has denied it though so far, surely he will want a payoff rather than resigning, especially now he has missed his chance of the England job.

He spoke about the club needing to take a gamble on big name players towards the end of the season, however he forgets that Levy is not a gambling man!

They will fall apart if he goes. Much like we did at the end of the Rafa era. With no Champions league football Bale and Modric will go, and Spurs will drop back down to where they used to be.

I always expected Spurs to drop away though. They are severely handicapped by their wage structure when you consider what those players could earn elsewhere.

The good news is PSG have started a bidding war with United for Modric, so it seems United will have to break the their transfer record to get him now.

A fella I work with had two grand on Rodgers being next spurs boss after getting info from

His brother (supposedly). The fella doesn't strike me as a bullshitter and this was about 2 months ago.Even after the England job was given the the owl this fella still got word it's was all good to go.

So I reckon Levy has been sounding out a replacement for a while

Seems strange timing. I wonder who Spurs would look to appoint?

I reckon they could get someone like Capello if they really wanted, but considering the two most "promising" managers in Rodgers and Lambert (my opinion) have gone elsewhere I can't see them replacing Harry from the Prem.

I don't rate Redknapp highly so don't buy into him leaving leading to their downfall. There's quite a few players there more important than him imo. All or most of them could well be on their way out anyway.

I think there's something in this cause of the way Harry said he's not resigning twice. Why not say I'm not leaving spurs?

I also think they'll go for a better manager than Rodgers. One of the ones we should have went for. Rafa to spurs won't surprise me in the slightest. He'll do well there.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I also think they'll go for a better manager than Rodgers.

Oi! Watch it. There's no better manager than Rodg...

I don't rate Redknapp highly so don't buy into him leaving leading to their downfall. There's quite a few players there more important than him imo. All or most of them could well be on their way out anyway.

I think there's something in this cause of the way Harry said he's not resigning twice. Why not say I'm not leaving spurs?

I also think they'll go for a better manager than Rodgers. One of the ones we should have went for. Rafa to spurs won't surprise me in the slightest. He'll do well there.

I hadn't thought about Rafa. Yeah, that would be a good fit all round I think.

Not for us though.

Rafa to spurs won't surprise me in the slightest. He'll do well there.

Suprised? I'd be shocked if he went there. He'd be in a worse position than when he took over here in 2004. No Champions league football, A wage cap that will restrict the ability to buy and keep top players, and Defoe as the only striker at the club.

Can you really see Rafa and Levy working together? Not a chance!

Suprised? I'd be shocked if he went there. He'd be in a worse position than when he took over here in 2004. No Champions league football, A wage cap that will restrict the ability to buy and keep top players, and Defoe as the only striker at the club.

Can you really see Rafa and Levy working together? Not a chance!

He's just been shunned again from the Liverpool job. He won't be getting near one of the manc clubs and Chelsea and Arsenal look highly unlikely.

If he wants to stay in England, then where else does he go?

Spur's board don't strike me as the kind to buy into everything the media tell them either. You'll not see them go after some flavour of the month like Martinez.

They're working on their own stadium issues. How far along with that that they are, I don't know. But once they expand/move stadium then their budget will rise. They're a very attractive club to most unemployed managers right now.

Stadium wise Spurs are in a similar position to us.

They have planning permission for one site, but still want the Olympic stadium, hence the reason that no work has started towards this.

I don't see Spurs as being a hugely attractive offer either. Champions league expectations, but with Europa league wages. It's an extremely difficult job to better what old arry did there too, Two top four finishes in three years and It looks like he's being sacked.

Martinez on the list though according to all the journo's with one even saying it'll be him to WHL

Rafa would be a good fit if it wasnt for Levy or the fans who wouldnt take to him

we offer higher wages than spurs and always have so Rafa would of had a bigger wage budget even if his transfer pot wasnt massive

Modric, Bale will go, adebayor wont stay there either

I can't see Rafa getting a job in England with his general reputation in the media and so on - which is good news for us. If Redknapp does leave they won't necessarily implode, they're a well-run club, and one that was top five under Jol, and before we fucked up too, but one that's had their fair share of poor appointments over the past decade or so, so they could.

Rafa would be boss at Spurs. Looks like a perfect match for him, rather like when he took us in 2004 but with a far better foundation to build on as Spurs already have a really good squad. He will get money to spend and won't get sacked if he doesn't finish top 2 in his first season. Really think he'd be perfect for Spurs.

If Spurs break their £70k wage cap and fall back to mid table it could kill them. I’ve a bit of respect for Levy sticking by this. However, it will stop them ever from winning the league so it’s a double edged sword.

I did laugh at ‘arrys press release about how disgusted he was that the internet had a rumour he had quit. It’s the fucking internet. But you also know that when he was dictating the press release (I’m guessing he didn’t write it himself) his main source of disgust was that the public would think he’d quit and not wait for a pay off.

I’d like Redknapp to stay on as Spurs boss if I’m honest as I’d be a bit nervous they’d get someone better in. Better the devil you know, and all that. But it certainly looks like he’s toast.

March 23rd 2012 Harry Redknapp responds to suggestions that his name being touted for the England job has had an effect on results. 'Absolute nonsense. That's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard in my life. They don't care whether I'm manager next year. They wouldn't lose any sleep over that.' 'Footballers play the game, they come in every day and train. Someone else walks in here tomorrow-the king is dead, long live the king. They don't worry. They don't think 'Harry is going to England' or 'he is going to go somewhere else''.

June 5th 2012 Harry Redknapp responds to lack of clarity over his contract. 'The simple situation is, I've got a year left on my contract. It's up to Tottenham whether they want to extend that contract or not. If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, it's not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left. 'It's not a case of me looking for security. What it's about is players knowing you've got a year left on your contract, and knowing that it doesn't work, basically. I think it's a situation of 'well he might not be here next year.'

He seems busy with betfair anyway.

[YOUTUBE]yloXUhp-SqE[/YOUTUBE]

I think 'Arry was always going to earn himself a sacking at Spurs. If it doesn't happen this summer, it'll be next summer.

He wants his clubs to be doing 10+ ins/out per year. He wants his club to be spending 110%+ of their budget, as a starter. He wants to push push push... because he can get the big bucks, inflate his reputation, and leave his former club in financial meltdown.

This summer? Spurs will lose a lot of players via releases, sales, and loan-ends. They need to make about 8 purchases this summer, and Levy will make sure that the books are in the green, and 'Arry will be fucking screaming about it.