You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want to manage us next.  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage us next.

Ajax manager Frank de Boer has ruled himself out of the running to become Liverpool manager after being linked with the job. The 42-year-old Dutchman has guided Ajax to back-to-back Eredivisie titles after taking over as coach in 2010. De Boer told De Telegraaf: "I am honoured by the request but I am only just getting started with Ajax. I want to bring good things. That's why I will stay loyal to Ajax in the coming years."

From BBC sport.

Guest davelfc
According to the s*n.

(god that pains me)

No it doesn't pain you, if you knew before you posted that it comes from that rag then don't post it. Simple!

Negged.

So Frank DB has ruled himself out too? Who actually wants this job? There used to be a time when if Liverpool approached you, it was a huge honour. It's getting quite depressing, just wish they'd make the appointment and be done with it. We're certainly not acting like a top club, we're looking more like the amateurish mid table side I am concerned we are gradually turning into.

Several of the news reports intimate that it wasn't the approach that put Rodgers off but the style of the process. They all use the phrase "beauty pageant". Why would any manager, already in a job, risk making eyes at us if there was a possibility we'd still say no thanks?

Some even alluded to the wording of the Swansea statament, it seemed to be turning down the present opportunity, saying it meant he didn't want to enter into the process as it currently stands, jumping through hoops and possibly being left with no club to go back to.

We used to aim at a candidate and go all out for them. Making them parade for us so we can have our choice is putting anyone with self respect off.

Martinez doesn't care and AVB and Rafa have nothing to lose by listening to us. That's our twelve candidates right there. It's all sounding a bit Hodson-esque at the moment.

I'm starting to think just get Rafa back, he is hugely flawed but at least I think he'll do right by the club.

Aye, like Kenny...

Rafa's my first choice too, but it's basically by default as I think it would be another risky appointment. But as others are saying, on paper, without all the baggage, he's the ideal candidate.

No but with the sacking of Kenny and Ayres shitty little speech I expected they had their man already. Even moores and parry with the ineptness they had didn't sack a man without a replacement, shit they even replaced a man without sacking him.

You dont know they havent got a manager lined up.

Its all speculative.

It's all getting a bit embarrassing. This whole process seems shambolic. Why sack a man and then have no clear clue who you want or if they would even be interested. I'm starting to think just get Rafa back, he is hugely flawed but at least I think he'll do right by the club.

We've been through this already.

People would have burned down churches if they got wind that FSG were sounding out Kenny replacements before the man had even been sacked. It was much safer, and much more respectful, to deal with Kenny first and foremost and then start the search.

We havent a clue whats going on so they must be clueless!

Many a true sentiment can be said in few words. Robbie is spot on. The only think ramping this up to a crisis or the statements going around about the owners being clueless, is fans hyperventilating that nothing is happening every 10 seconds. They call to meet a manager and it may take 2-3 days for that manager to be able to even arrange a meeting, but fans are going mad with no news at 10:00am, and then going mad again that there’s STILL no news at 10:15am. We bitched and moaned about our business been done in the public forum, and now it is all been done in private, leavuing the papers scrabbling around making up spurious stories, we are bitching and moaning again.

I think people need to take their foot off the gas a bit and realise that bits of news will only come out when we've something to say, and that could be a week away.

Social media like twitter and football forums are a curse in situations like this because people want information now. If it is true that David Dein is doing a lot of the work for us on this, then I hope he is going through every single person with a fine tooth comb to make sure we get the person who is hopefulyl right for us.

Many a true sentiment can be said in few words. Robbie is spot on. The only think ramping this up to a crisis or the statements going around about the owners being clueless, is fans hyperventilating that nothing is happening every 10 seconds. They call to meet a manager and it may take 2-3 days for that manager to be able to even arrange a meeting, but fans are going mad with no news at 10:00am, and then going mad again that there’s STILL no news at 10:15am. We bitched and moaned about our business been done in the public forum, and now it is all been done in private, leavuing the papers scrabbling around making up spurious stories, we are bitching and moaning again.

I think people need to take their foot off the gas a bit and realise that bits of news will only come out when we've something to say, and that could be a week away.

Social media like twitter and football forums are a curse in situations like this because people want information now. If it is true that David Dein is doing a lot of the work for us on this, then I hope he is going through every single person with a fine tooth comb to make sure we get the person who is hopefulyl right for us.

Fuckin' A.

Especially the part about wanting to do our business behind closed doors. I said the same the other day. It's bit like people wanting these sensible owners who only spend what the club earns. Now they both seem to be here, people are having a go. You cant have it both ways.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Dein? Is that the chap who appointed Bruce Rioch?

Or, to put it another way, the chap who plucked Arsene Wenger out of obscurity, got in loads of amazing players that formed probably the best team the Premiership has ever seen, and played a vital role in getting their stadium built!

Rioch signed Bergkamp for the record

as for us thinking we've always been attractive to managers its a bit of a lie, we got lucky having an unbroken line from Shanks to The King.

Souness only came in cos he was ex us, Evans was here, Houllier was only working for France,

Rafa is probably our only manager recruited from the outside which is indicitive of us going for someone good from the outside at a big club. Parry got it spot on in that process which is saying something about ayre.

This whole thing has gone mad since Whelan opened his trap when to be fair to us we've said nothing official have we

Fuckin' A.

Especially the part about wanting to do our business behind closed doors. I said the same the other day. It's bit like people wanting these sensible owners who only spend what the club earns. Now they both seem to be here, people are having a go. You cant have it both ways.

Cool, Robbie and Johnny. I've done my hurting and cursing and now I'm finally chilled.

I do hope they do the right thing.

Now, bring on Euro 2012. The footy's always good and the camera's always show some decent trim in the crowd.

You dont know they havent got a manager lined up.

Its all speculative.

Come on mate, they clearly have no one lined up apart from the good ones lining up to rule themselves out.

And no, I dont think it crazy to suggest they cant quietly sound someone out during kennys last days, its called being well run. They clearly made their mind up a long time ago on him. Problem is they havnt a fucking igloo who they will replace him with.

We havent even got a fucking structure yet. How long have they had to replace Commolli? Shit thats 2 appointments they need to make to the new dual dof system. Think about it. 2 months theyve had on that so at this rate we may have a new manager by Sept. Maybe they are busy with their other 'franchises'?

Someone in work mentioed that Balague has stated on twitter that Rafa has not and will not be approched over the job. I dont know if its true or not.

I for one would like to see him back. I just think this whole process is looking a slight shambolic