You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want to manage us next.  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage us next.

I got told Capello's being interviewed, JC's family have been telling people apparently and as per in Liverpool its been spread about

Reckon its shite myself

Capello is the only realistic name, bar Rafa that would have the stature etc I could go for Capello but it's hardly in keeping with this 'vision' FSG talk about.

If Capello came I'd be happy.

We've had 3 managers publicly saying they're not interested, we've had Dave Whelan telling us of the interest in Martinez and how the club has no soul, we've had that sorry fuckwit Ian Ayre conducting a crash course in the worst kind of PR, we've had the Standard Chartered boss saying how glad he was that LFC didn't qualify for the CL but other than that, thankfully FSG are keeping a lid on things.

Add to that Werner telling everyone Kenny was going nowhere 6 weeks ago, and their mishandling of Terry Francona at the Red Sox which has seen their stock plummet with the Red Sox fans at about the same rate as they've lost games.

But apart from all of that, they've got a plan and they're doing it quietly.

There's only one fucking prick here lad.

You quoted from the Sun, you knew it was from the Sun, yet still quoted it.

Actions of an utter fucking tit.

I saw it on the beeb website I didn't buy the rag and NEVER have.

If I'd put it down as bbc sport noone would have cared but it wasn't them that said it.

Right.

You did watch the last world cup I take it?

Compared to Martinez and AV B he pisses it doesn't he. You can't argue against his credentials. I'd rather Rfa all day but Capello is one of europes top managers can't argue with tht surely?

Compared to Martinez and AV B he pisses it doesn't he. You can't argue against his credentials. I'd rather Rfa all day but Capello is one of europes top managers can't argue with tht surely?

A few years ago Id totally agree, England were awful under him tho and he didnt give a shit, I wonder if he is too old for what they are looking for.

Besides he is more the type to manage a big budget team, I dont think he's ever managed an underdog and took them above better teams with a small budget.

Dunno.

Guest ShoePiss
Right.

You did watch the last world cup I take it?

Internationals are completely different though, as a club manager you can't argue with what he's done.

I'd take Capello in a heartbeat, he'd be my number one choice.

It's clear for everyone to see, not just on this website, but also on numerous LFC website polls, Rafael Benitez is the "People's Choice" to be the next manager of Liverpool Football Club.

Let's see who the LFC heirarchy choose. Although with the decision coming from "astute" footballing brains like Ayre, Werner & Henry - who are we, the average punter in the streeet to argue with their decision?!!!!!!!!!!!!

You couldn't make it up................:wallbutt:

It's clear for everyone to see, not just on this website, but also on numerous LFC website polls, Rafael Benitez is the "People's Choice" to be the next manager of Liverpool Football Club.

Let's see who the LFC heirarchy choose. Although with the decision coming from "astute" footballing brains like Ayre, Werner & Henry - who are we, the average punter in the streeet to argue with their decision?!!!!!!!!!!!!

You couldn't make it up................:wallbutt:

The internet is only a very small section of our support so I wouldn't necessarily say he's the people's choice to be fair. I can see what you mean though, looking at the result of poles.

Online poles are dangerous though. I can still remember the one on here where the massive majority said they'd prefer us to have Momo Missoko in our team rather than Ronaldinho (I should know because I voted for Momo as well!)

Craziness.

Guest davelfc

Why do people love polls? Well because they give a representation of the minds of the people. Sure if you took a poll in the wrong place you'd have a skewed opinion. But I think it's crazy not to admit that the fans choice is Rafa. That a lot of the Rafa 'haters' have bigger mouths, post more vociferously is because he has so much support.

Personally I find it sad that people can harbour that much hate for a man that brought us No.5 and loves the club and gets us. Sure, disagree with him, say he shouldn't come back and offer some argument but the mindless bitter hate I see for him makes me wonder if those people shouldn't be seeking help or at least dealing with the real problems in their life. Just my thoughts, nothing personal for any individual.

Back on track, I'lll finish by saying that just because a huge majority of the fans want Rafa back doesn't mean the owners should get him. It would be a sad day when internet polls ruled the minds of club owners.

The internet is only a very small section of our support so I wouldn't necessarily say he's the people's choice to be fair. I can see what you mean though, looking at the result of poles.

Online poles are dangerous though. I can still remember the one on here where the massive majority said they'd prefer us to have Momo Missoko in our team rather than Ronaldinho (I should know because I voted for Momo as well!)

Craziness.

Most people I've spoke to have said as much, we're not going to attract the calibre of manager we want plus he is ready and hungry for it.

Maybe now we are getting knocked back by loads of managers people will see that we can no longer trade on our name and expect people to jump, you've got the likes of code going on about how Rafa never won the league in his first 3 years so the 'stats' say he never will, well we have no Devine right to win the league but we should be capable of getting in the CL, something Rafa showed he could consistently achieve.

Why do people love polls? Well because they give a representation of the minds of the people. Sure if you took a poll in the wrong place you'd have a skewed opinion. But I think it's crazy not to admit that the fans choice is Rafa. That a lot of the Rafa 'haters' have bigger mouths, post more vociferously is because he has so much support.

Personally I find it sad that people can harbour that much hate for a man that brought us No.5 and loves the club and gets us. Sure, disagree with him, say he shouldn't come back and offer some argument but the mindless bitter hate I see for him makes me wonder if those people shouldn't be seeking help or at least dealing with the real problems in their life. Just my thoughts, nothing personal for any individual.

Back on track, I'lll finish by saying that just because a huge majority of the fans want Rafa back doesn't mean the owners should get him. It would be a sad day when internet polls ruled the minds of club owners.

The problem is we don't actually know who is ruling their minds.

The "Media Watch" section on the offal doesn't sit right with me...

"Tuesdays New Manager Rumours..." Do they really need this section.. It's like they are sitting there having a laugh while we're all sat over here shitting ourselves hoping that FSG make the right decision...

Craziness.

Brownie what do you mean by this? I would of thought it was the largest section of our support unless you mean people in third world countrys who can't afford it.

Brownie what do you mean by this? I would of thought it was the largest section of our support unless you mean people in third world countrys who can't afford it.

Let's say we have 5 million fans in the world (it's probably more than that). Overall, there are about 2,000 people voting on these polls about the next manager, and in some (many?) cases it will be the same people voting on different websites.

It's a drop in the ocean, really. Let's see how many names go on the petition for Rafa to return (what a fucking joke of a thing to do by the way).

Guest davelfc

Any petition would be the equivalent of a small child throwing themselves on the floor in asda and screaming that they wanted sweets.

Then again, we're in the gutter, what's a little more shit.