You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want to manage us next.  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage us next.

Guest ShoePiss
Oh my god, they've got to him too....

I thought i had sensed a hollowness within you, ShoePiss. It's not your fault.

Well I'd tell you all about it if I could.

Why do people love polls? Well because they give a representation of the minds of the people. Sure if you took a poll in the wrong place you'd have a skewed opinion. But I think it's crazy not to admit that the fans choice is Rafa. That a lot of the Rafa 'haters' have bigger mouths, post more vociferously is because he has so much support.

Personally I find it sad that people can harbour that much hate for a man that brought us No.5 and loves the club and gets us. Sure, disagree with him, say he shouldn't come back and offer some argument but the mindless bitter hate I see for him makes me wonder if those people shouldn't be seeking help or at least dealing with the real problems in their life. Just my thoughts, nothing personal for any individual.

Back on track, I'lll finish by saying that just because a huge majority of the fans want Rafa back doesn't mean the owners should get him. It would be a sad day when internet polls ruled the minds of club owners.

you must name these haters Dave, it really seems to be bugging you. the only one i can think of is al. The problem is, when posters who don't want him back post that, they get called haters. It's nonsense.

I don't like him, and I don't want him back. I don't hate him. There aren't many people I hate. Certainly no football managers are included in that small number. That would be silly. I don't hate Ferguson, just like I don't hate Timmy Mallett, or Rafa Benitez.

When all this is finished and every one has a job. I hope some journalist can do some digging and find out who is advising them.

I would love to know who are involved and what they are saying this club needs or wants.

Wouldnt surprise me if its just Ayre and a few of his drinking mates

When all this is finished and every one has a job. I hope some journalist can do some digging and find out who is advising them.

I would love to know who are involved and what they are saying this club needs or wants.

Wouldnt surprise me if its just Ayre and a few of his drinking mates

I still reckon Dein advised them on candidates for the DoF, and that search is probably nearing completion which in turn means they'll have someone assessing the managers.

If the LVG rumours are true, that'd tie in.

I still reckon Dein advised them on candidates for the DoF' date=' and that search is probably nearing completion which in turn means they'll have someone assessing the managers.

If the LVG rumours are true, that'd tie in.[/quote']

When Tomkins wrote that piece about him advising FSG he included a completely random picture of Broughton. I wouldn't be surprised if they had him on retainer and he was at least providing some kind of input.

I think Van Gaal is a class appointment but just make him boss and dont have a DoF

If he is sporting director or DoF then if the new boss has a stinker, there'll be clammer for him to step in

Just asking for trouble

Unless he makes it clear that his management days are over? Just thinking out loud really.

Well maybe appointing van Gaal will create some pressure for the coach or manager or whatever the title is. But at the same time, having van Gaal in place, the owners will think if the new manager shows any signs of failing, then van Gaal can step in? That would be weird. It's like di Matteo agreeing to be an assistant coach after being the ex-manager of a premier league club.

Just dont fancy it myself

Comolli should it doesnt work

The manager should just be the boss on his own

I think they're just trying to copy the Barcelona model to be honest, which definitely works. Do Man City have a DOF/Sporting Director does anyone know? And Man U?

I think they're just trying to copy the Barcelona model to be honest, which definitely works. Do Man City have a DOF/Sporting Director does anyone know? And Man U?

City have Brian Marwood dont they

I just think with City they can talk all they want about players cos they can sign them for whatever money where as we need to be quicker, with all these cooks I feel it might spoil the broth

aslong as the final decision is the managers then thats fine but the minute its not then its fucked for me

Van Gaal is a bit mad. If he's definitely the one with most power it could go well.

If they expect him to follow orders from Ayre I don't see it going well.

He'll throw ayre out of a window

City have Brian Marwood dont they

I just think with City they can talk all they want about players cos they can sign them for whatever money where as we need to be quicker, with all these cooks I feel it might spoil the broth

aslong as the final decision is the managers then thats fine but the minute its not then its fucked for me

He'll throw ayre out of a window

Can't see us getting that lucky.

This was posted in another thread, it's from The National

"The new manager will be expected to work alongside a new director of football and a senior scout in a system similar to the one in which Manchester City spread recruitment decisions between Roberto Mancini, the football administrator Brian Marwood and the technical director Mike Rigg before the latter left for QPR."

I suppose it's all about how the roles are defined.

For some reason I always thought that Van Gaal was an over-rated manager with a relatively modest record but i've just checked it out and he's actually really impressive isn't he?! I can see why people would worry about him potentially undermining the manager if he was in the role of Sporting Director.