You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

34 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Not only does that thread prove we have owners who are actively avoiding investment in the club, it does so using the club's own accounts. Mo hasn't even gone to the extremes of questioning some of the figures those accounts show, because trust me when I say they are accounts that throw up massive red flags and questions.

We have circa 300m wage bill, which simply does not add up. That wage bill, however, includes the wages for all staff - from players, to kit men, to dinner lady, to directors and corporate executives. It will also include the cost of external consultancy fees (if the club were to employ Deloitte consultants on a temporary basis for some commercial strategy initiatives, for instance). 

So when people say the accounts don't show FSG siphoning money away from the club, it's complete bollocks. No accounts would ever show that for a privately held company. It's easily conceivable, and in fact overwhelmingly probable, that our corporate executives are being paid performance related bonuses and extortionate salaries. Gordon could have walked away with a $25m bonus last year and it would have been accounted against our "wages and salaries" line item. That's obviously just an example, but if you think these guys are walking away with $250K a year, you are fucking deluded.

We will never be able to unearth those details but the reality remains that our net spend since 2018 equates to 2% of the revenues we've generated over the same time. I don't think you'll find a club in the premier league with that low of a ratio. The red herrings of wage bills (despite what I mention above), infrastructure investment, covid are all dispelled easily in Mo's thread. So we can tug on each other's dicks for as long as we like trying to work out the exact details but at the end of the day, we end up at the same question...

Where the fuck is the money going?

I don't think that thread proved anything really did it?  It was basically just a longwinded (ironic that it was on twitter) way of saying that we have spent way less on transfers than everyone else.  No fucking shit, Sherlock!

You know, given our current situation, I was gonna make a post to the tune of; "Hey, I think these guys are generally competent owners and they've hired some great people, and I really usually don't care what we're spending because Klopp, one of the best and most sensible people in the history of football has been in lockstep with them for a long time and they have this great working relationship, and all that is fantastic," BUT... "When the situation changes and we're doing badly, and we objectively didn't get better this summer and we're putting ourselves behind the 8 ball for the second time in three seasons, then the lack of spending compared to certain clubs really lowers my opinion of them, and when the facts change and the situation changes, then as someone who believes himself to be reasonable, I have to start criticizing them on the lack of spending, etc, etc..." And then I open the thread and what do I see?;

A big stinker of a post from a guy who only posts when we're shit about how he thinks they're laundering money or hiding it under a mattress or something, and now I have to go back to thinking I really can't be agreeing with some of these clowns in our fanbase. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You know, given our current situation, I was gonna make a post to the tune of; "Hey, I think these guys are generally competent owners and they've hired some great people, and I really usually don't care what we're spending because Klopp, one of the best and most sensible people in the history of football has been in lockstep with them for a long time and they have this great working relationship, and all that is fantastic," BUT... "When the situation changes and we're doing badly, and we objectively didn't get better this summer and we're putting ourselves behind the 8 ball for the second time in three seasons, then the lack of spending compared to certain clubs really lowers my opinion of them, and when the facts change and the situation changes, then as someone who believes himself to be reasonable, I have to start criticizing them on the lack of spending, etc, etc..." And then I open the thread and what do I see?;

A big stinker of a post from a guy who only posts when we're shit about how he thinks they're laundering money or hiding it under a mattress or something, and now I have to go back to thinking I really can't be agreeing with some of these clowns in our fanbase. 

Who said anything about laundering money you moron? They are perfectly entitled to pay themselves bonuses, it's not a nefarious act and has fuck all to do with hiding it under a mattress, it's just the status quo for most major corporations. I got paid a $120K bonus last year, I wasn't a fucking soprano. I don't actually believe that is the reason we aren't spending money, anyway...

We aren't spending money because player investment is seen as an investment that yields little ROI and is incredibly high risk. FSG are sports-brand owners who find the sports economy we partake in an extreme inconvenience. In comparison, they have far more appetite for infrastructural or commercial investment - the reason being that they can directly measure and better control ROI, and are almost guaranteed for that investment to inflate the value of their asset. They are hedge fund owners, it's not fucking hard to understand. Investing in a new stand means more premium ticket sales, more incidental merchandise sales, means more annual revenue, means healthier business markers and an inflation in asset value. Buying Barrella means 2nd instead of 4th, a net increase in c$10m in prize money offset by a c$75m outgoing, an increase in intangible assets valuation (which rapidly depreciates due to amortization) and the RISK of him being shite and ultimately worthless (see Keita). 

I couldn't give a monkey's if you think I'm a clown, I've 12 years experience in corporate strategy (much of which within TMT) and get paid handsomely to make equivalent assessments on a daily basis, I think I know what the fuck I'm talking about. They do not give a fuck about winning trophies unless they are won incidentally, because their definition of winning is having a $6bn asset that is generally far from fear of distress and is inevitably going to see another spurt of growth due to unrealized revenue in sports content and commercialization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Not that I don't trust you but which bits?

To clarify - red flags in terms of active under investment in the playing squad, not anything more sinister. I think wages and admin costs are bloated (we do not pay our playing squad 300m). We make a lot of money and our owners make a lot of money too.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

To clarify - red flags in terms of active under investment in the playing squad, not anything more sinister.

Yet that's exactly how you pitched it with your trumpian 'massive red flags and questions', 'siphoning money', 'billy Hogan is a cash laundering mule' and then walking it back to I'm not saying anything dodgy is going on I'm just putting it out there.

I think wages and admin costs are bloated (we do not pay our playing squad 300m).

The accounts don't say we pay 300m to the playing squad either, it has always given the number of staff broken down, by type, that form part of the 300 million, and broken the 300 million down into wages, social security costs and pension contributions.

The latest accounts show that we have

686 - Administration commercial and other staff

218 - players, manager and coaches

60 - Ground and maintenance staff

All of the above are considered full time employee's employed for more than 20 hours a week.

In addition an average of 945 part time/temporary staff covering matchdays and non-match days were employed, down on the previous years average of 1,955.

That differs to Man City, for example, who have less staff registered to Man City and instead 'share' staff amongst the City group who are then paid outside of Man City's books (scouts, some coaches etc). 

The problem with all of this is people watch sky sports, or your media of choice where headlines win out over detail, and see a wages figure or a net spend figure jump to conclusions and take it as gospel rather than looking at the detail that is often available to you with a quick google search.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Been thinking about this a bit myself and I will give an answer that's probably typical of our are 'It's not us it's them' when talking about our club v the rest. In the same way that we are seen as 'different' 'rebellious' and 'anti-authority' as a 'culture' despite being often proved correct,I think that LFC is run well in a sea of insanity. FSG are running it like a proper business while all our rivals are just doing what they please with impugnity. It's a hard pill for us to swallow but it is how it is.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Who said anything about laundering money you moron? They are perfectly entitled to pay themselves bonuses, it's not a nefarious act and has fuck all to do with hiding it under a mattress, it's just the status quo for most major corporations. I got paid a $120K bonus last year, I wasn't a fucking soprano. I don't actually believe that is the reason we aren't spending money, anyway...

We aren't spending money because player investment is seen as an investment that yields little ROI and is incredibly high risk. FSG are sports-brand owners who find the sports economy we partake in an extreme inconvenience. In comparison, they have far more appetite for infrastructural or commercial investment - the reason being that they can directly measure and better control ROI, and are almost guaranteed for that investment to inflate the value of their asset. They are hedge fund owners, it's not fucking hard to understand. Investing in a new stand means more premium ticket sales, more incidental merchandise sales, means more annual revenue, means healthier business markers and an inflation in asset value. Buying Barrella means 2nd instead of 4th, a net increase in c$10m in prize money offset by a c$75m outgoing, an increase in intangible assets valuation (which rapidly depreciates due to amortization) and the RISK of him being shite and ultimately worthless (see Keita). 

I couldn't give a monkey's if you think I'm a clown, I've 12 years experience in corporate strategy (much of which within TMT) and get paid handsomely to make equivalent assessments on a daily basis, I think I know what the fuck I'm talking about. They do not give a fuck about winning trophies unless they are won incidentally, because their definition of winning is having a $6bn asset that is generally far from fear of distress and is inevitably going to see another spurt of growth due to unrealized revenue in sports content and commercialization. 

Wow. Impressive. 

8 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Use some of your $120k bonus to pay subs you John Henry wannabe. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, luxury_scruff said:

[Was writing the below as a general query but since you've re-posted the tweet from the previous page I might as well quote it.]

I guess the other question to ask in that twitter thread is the relevance of picking 2019 as the starting position for transfer spend.

It's probably fair to say the largest turnover of playing staff is in a managers first 2 or 3 years as they ship out players that weren't theirs and bring in players they want.

Klopp joined in 2015 and the first 3 years of his tenure have been wiped off as insignificant, with only the 2018/2019 turnover and 2019 transfers onwards used as a gauge.

In that time the 5 other teams have had a combined 15 managers with only Man City sticking with the same manager during that period.

Man Utd - 4 managers (2 interim)

Spurs - 4 managers (1 interim)

Chelsea - 3 managers

Arsenal - 3 managers (1 interim)

Man City - 1 manager.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Hahaha nah you guys are right I’m on the dole. I should really spend more time posting on here when we win because I obviously don’t have a full time job like some of you beauties.

You're bragging about your little finance job and salary on an internet forum, you moron. No one's saying you're unemployed.  

4 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Hahaha nah you guys are right I’m on the dole. I should really spend more time posting on here when we win because I obviously don’t have a full time job like some of you beauties.

If your concern is FSG's lack of investment it wouldn't matter whether we are winning or not - even though they certainly do not want to win.

In fact that is the time you should be posting the most often.

Is your day job's workload affected by LFC's success in any way? 

That would be cool if it was, unless it was negatively affected of course, then that would be - uncool.

ScornfulPaleDuckbillplatypus-small.gif&f

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I’m far from bragging about it you fucking gimp, good lord some of you have some fragile egos. 

8 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I got paid a $120K bonus last year, I wasn't a fucking soprano. 

I've 12 years experience in corporate strategy (much of which within TMT) and get paid handsomely to make equivalent assessments on a daily basis, I think I know what the fuck I'm talking about. 

For sure. Not bragging. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

They are just jealous Feggers, especially the Canadian (almost all of them are on the dole).

The knowledge that you are a highly trained professional only makes your posts more interesting.

He'd be the richest man in all of Canada with that bonus.