You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

I don't think they will be that bothered.

They will just use that as an excuse to spend even less.

Spot on this is. We can’t get our targets as they want CL footy. They’ve been complacent and have well and dried the well out.

This squad is running on empty, yes we’ve injuries we get that.

But that is secondary to having to trot out this midfield time and time again. It is tired and worn out.

One thing I hope doesn't get used as an excuse is the money that needs to go towards the stadium.

For one, is that really historically the drain it once was? I mean the Anfield Rd will cost us £60m overall. It's no more than a half decent player these days but isn't it also spread over like 15 years?

Also, in the most extreme scenario, if we are paying the owners for it then surely it can be spread out more 

11 minutes ago, HBenn said:

One thing I hope doesn't get used as an excuse is the money that needs to go towards the stadium.

For one, is that really historically the drain it once was? I mean the Anfield Rd will cost us £60m overall. It's no more than a half decent player these days but isn't it also spread over like 15 years?

Also, in the most extreme scenario, if we are paying the owners for it then surely it can be spread out more 

For how fucking cheap they got us, they should be paying for it themselves the cunts

Said it before there are worse out there for sure but they are not good enough for a club of our size and ambitions. They are far too risk averse, they won the jackpot with Klopp but had they backed him properly we would now at least be level with Utds league total. Once Klopp goes it will all collapse. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

For how fucking cheap they got us, they should be paying for it themselves the cunts

Agree. They could also do it with no impact on FFP (only mentioned cause they like to use that as an excuse not to). I just don't get it. They could build the stands and the money we save there could go on future proofing the team and ensuring we get to Utd levels of income so that we really are truly self sustaining. 

How far off Utds level of income are we now anyway? People talk about them like they are still light years ahead while praising FSG for improving ours. I don't get how we cannot be far off being equal now.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

Not having 250 million pounds worth of players injured/suspended would be a start.

Thiago, Chamberlain both injury prone when bought, Matip and Keita both with great injury records in Germany both sick notes now. Konate should not have played with kids in a meaningless money spinning friendly. Jones likes a trip to the physio now too, the Scottish lad had an injury not noted before. Agree on the number injured though, unpressidented(sp). Is our midfield good enough if everyone is fit still?

Whenever we do sign anyone, you can't even enjoy it, because the first thought isn't "how exciting, can't wait to see him in a red shirt". It's "so who is being sold to fund this purchase?" This is how FSG grind you down with their penny-pinching. We're being outspent by Aston Villa for about the fifth window in a row. You have to strengthen and freshen things up when you're at the top otherwise you won't stay there for very long, as we're now finding out.

It's all very well people bleating on about injuries, but we should be prepared for it, and we're not. When you have a system that is rooted in intensity, players are going to get injured more often, especially if they were injury-prone in the first place. Injuries are expected, so there has to be enough slack built into the system. It's a feature, but we treat it as if it was a bug. We have injuries, because of course we will get injuries playing like we do. It's irresponsible not to plan for something so utterly predictable. It's trench warfare, and we're surprised that we're running out of men to send over the top.

• Upvote 3

Not sure how any of that invalidates the fact not having all those players out would see us in a better position?

On the specific subject of our midfield, it depends entirely on your view of how you think the midfield should operate and how it operates in this Klopp team because there seems to be a conflict between what Klopp wants from a midfield (pressing, hard work, ability to be press resistant, play between the lines, efficient with the ball) and what supporters want from a midfielder (scores goals, runs fast).

Personally I'd like a bit of succession planning on the defensive side of the ball in midfield, someone who can play as a 8 and/or the 6 who's more mobile, can disrupt play, and can move the ball around. It's why I think they looked at Tchouameni over a more forward thinking player and why I think they see Bellingham developing into a more all round 8 who can play at both ends of the pitch.

Given Bellingham isn't available this summer and Tchouameni has gone to Madrid then we could/should have looked at one of the younger crop of midfielders with a similar profile to Tchouameni but whether that player would be able to contribute straight away (beyond necessity due to lack of numbers) is debateable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

That's a weirdly disingenuous take when their are 10 players out injured.

It's not really when nearly all of the players our injured are INJURY PRONE. Which injury surprises you?

I count 2, maybe 3 or 4 if you think Konate and Jones are injury prone. That means 6 of the 10 players are expected to be injured, because its their perennial state.

• Keita - injury prone
  • Thiago - injury prone
  • Matip- injury prone
  • chamberlain - injury prone
  • Jones - verging on injury prone
  • Konate - verging on injury prone
  • Ramsey - we bought him knowing he was injured ffs
  • kelleher - who cares
  • Jota - surprising although we knew he was injured before the season started
  • nunez - suspended, totally impossible to account for

Klopp being ever-diplomatic, this is the closest we are going to get to him articulating the title of this thread.

I remember all the back and forth on this thread with folks trying to convince themselves (and others) that FSG aren't tight fisted, that they will sanction any spending or that they are do their utmost.

No they fucking aren't man. The best manager we've ever had in the premier league era is saying he wants players but our owners are refusing to sanction a signing. It's disgraceful. 

Klopp on new signings: "A little difficult (to answer), I’m not really the right person to ask. As a manager, I’d like to have more players who are available, naturally. That’s all I can say. We’re always working on it. But whether we can do something, I don’t know.” [Sky Ger]

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

To those not anti FSG, what is the answer to our current woes? Genuine question.

I'm not anti FSG, I think they're cunts like just about every owner in the history of football. I still think they are the least cuntish of all owners in the league. 

In terms of your question, the answer is buy a midfield player, accept that if 9 midfielders is the optimum number to be working off then we are 2 short as Ox and Naby don't count. For all the doom and gloom we are still just 1 player short, it's no where near 2021 levels.

• Upvote 2