You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

6 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Not having 250 million pounds worth of players injured/suspended would be a start.

This is, give or take, a squad that was 1 and a half games from a quadruple last season.

But 2 of those players are hugely injury prone and 2 are coming to the end of their careers?

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

After reading this Swiss Ramble thread earlier, I’ve concluded that FSG are paying down the debt accumulated during the COVID shutdown.

I really don't give a shit about any of that. And if I am supposed to then football can just fuck right off and I'll find other things to occupy my time.

• Upvote 1

I made this chart.

S

T

N

U

C

U

O

Y

D

N 

E

P

S

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Because you are a fucking simpleton, here is a an internet link that explains that paradigm:

https://www.onlinereputationmanagement.us/angry-customers-likely-post-bad-review-happy-customers-good-one/

I'm much less likely to jump on the bastard internet when we are winning game after game, because I'm probably enjoying the moment and having a drink you stupid fucking bastard. However, to save myself from screaming at the fucking TV when we are shite, I will come on here and vent and try and discuss out the solution (in order to find something to be hopeful about) with fellow reds. 

Thick cunt.

Fucking hell you need to take a break

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

After reading this Swiss Ramble thread earlier, I’ve concluded that FSG are paying down the debt accumulated during the COVID shutdown.

So they are focusing on paying themselves back for the loan and probably any Redbird money they loaned us as part of the pandemic. 

Great! Instead of strengthening our position and investing in the team and their asset value, they are ensuring short term they get their money back. 

20 minutes ago, HBenn said:

So they are focusing on paying themselves back for the loan and probably any Redbird money they loaned us as part of the pandemic. 

Great! Instead of strengthening our position and investing in the team and their asset value, they are ensuring short term they get their money back. 

Did they lend us any money from the Redbird investment to cover Covid losses?  I remember a big discussion on here about it as it appeared not, but I don't know if that was pre/post the accounts coming out?

24 minutes ago, HBenn said:

FSG loan amounts remained unchanged through 2020 and 2021 (71 million), external loan amount has gone down. from 197 to 127.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Did they lend us any money from the Redbird investment to cover Covid losses?  I remember a big discussion on here about it as it appeared not, but I don't know if that was pre/post the accounts coming out?

I haven't seen the accounts so don't know for sure. Just recall Paul Gorst saying at the time of the deal that a proportion of the money was going into the club to help towards Anfield Rd end costs and get that moving and to allow them to functional relatively normally over that summer.

I never followed up to check but assumed that had happened.

20 minutes ago, Moo said:

They drew down 197 million of the 200 million credit facility (which I think runs until 2025) that was available to the club during the pandemic to cover the costs incurred, including wages.

The 70 million people are concerned about FSG squirreling away to make sure they were paid first was used to repay some of that credit facility they no longer needed. It was done back in 2021 when tv deals and  football in general started to kick back in to gear.

I think the last loan payment to FSG was about 8 million between 2019 and 2020.

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

FSG loan amounts remained unchanged through 2020 and 2021 (71 million), external loan amount has gone down. from 197 to 127.

Thanks for the clarification. Too be fair to them, that is quite good to see that they aren't prioritising their own payment. 

If they choose, could they write off the £71m we owe them or would there be premier League/UEFA implications if they did?

I am not saying for one minute that they will and I understand that they want us to stand on our own two feet but if it were me and I could find a lever that would free up revenue that could be used on the pitch and protect my asset value long term I would do it.

I guess what I am getting at is whether, do they loan us money because they cannot invest it directly without penalty or do they do it out of choice? 

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/interviews/fsg-ownership-boston-red-sox-fan-honest-view-liverpool-john-w-henry

LFCTR spoke to a Boston Red Sox fan about the ownership of Fenway Sports Group, who own the MLB side as well as Liverpool Football Club.

Since the arrival of John Henry and FSG, Liverpool have progressed massively from a top four team at best to a team challenging for major honours.

However, since the journey back up to the top, the lack of backing and ambition from the club has seen The Reds show signs of dropping back into the pack.

Bringing in Jurgen Klopp and a brilliant recruitment team is FSG's greatest achievement with the Merseyside club.

On the other hand, the sell-to-buy policy, attempts to start a European Super league, and lack of involvement with the fans and community has cast major doubts over their priorities and love for the club.

Boston Red Sox and Liverpool are both owned by John W Henry and Fenway Sports Group, but according to the fanbase, the similarities don't end there.

IMAGO / Action Plus

Speaking with Red Seat Radio, who are a fan channel for Boston Red Sox, LFTR were told some incredible truths about the ownership of FSG and the comparisons between the journey and running of both the baseball and football clubs are uncanny. 

"Okay I don't know a ton about FSG as a whole but I do know a whole lot about FSG as the owners of the Boston Red Sox."

"Throughout their time as owners of the Red, Sox FSG has brought 4 World Series titles to the city of Boston. The most out of any baseball franchise in that time span and broke a 86 year curse. 

"So historically when looking at the Fenway Sports Group and the Boston Red Sox they have done a lot for this team and for this city. 

IMAGO / ZUMA Wire

"From there it has been a bit of mixed bag. We as Red Sox fans were used to our owners being very vocal and involved. There was a time where a part owner would always be at a game and would speak up about issues relating to this Red Sox team. 

"As of late those factors have been missing. They have been more of a distant ownership group and I think a lot of fans took that personally and negatively. 

"This season the frustrations with the Front Office and Particularly the ownership group reached a boiling point. Due in large part to the non competitive offers to our two cornerstone players."

"In particular Rafael Devers who is a generational talent and when doing well is a top 5 hitter in baseball. He was offered a well below market value contract from the team and rightfully so denied it. 

Scroll to Continue
AUG 8, 2022 5:31 PM EDT

"Now Devers is going into an offseason where his pay day has only increased and Red Sox fans are now fearful that this ownership group no longer wants to spend that money to keep talent like Rafael Devers in this city." 

(Photo by PA Images/Sipa USA)

"Then you have Xander Bogaerts, who at the beginning of the year was offered the same contract that he has now but add in 1 more year where he gets paid 4 million dollars more. 

"To a guy who had already taken a pay cut to play for this team and a guy who has been the leader of this team since Pedroia went down, that is a slap in the face. 

"Now his contract situation is a little bit different as he has had a down year and isn’t in the same tier of talent and Devers is, but still as a fan of the Red Sox this feels like a slap in the face not only to Xander but to us as well. 

"There were other little moves that attributed to the frustrations as well. We let a power hitter that elevated this team walk, they never really made an effort to go out and get an elite caliber pitcher, the bullpen was never truly solidified, yet you sign enough people to get yourself over the luxury tax. Why the hesitancy? Why not go all in?

"I think on top of it all when you are looking at the FSG as a whole in regards to the Boston Red Sox, Red Sox fans feel no sense of direction. No plan."

IMAGO / Icon Sportswire

"We see them sign guys like Trevor story or Draft guys like Marcelo Mayer but yet then at the same time refuse to pay other guys like Kyle Schwarber, Devers, Bogaerts and that is the most frustrating part as a fan. 

"To watch this team pick and choose pieces but not fully go one way or the other is hard. 

"Is this teams struggles fully on the ownership group? No. But at the same time going into this season and going into last season you saw the holes of this team, you saw the missed opportunities, you saw the willingness to be complacent in terms of bringing in/losing talent and it feels as though the owners have done nothing."

"Overall I think because of what this ownership group has done for this team and for this city over its time with this team gives them a long leash in the eyes of Red Sox nation, but that leash has been shortening since the end of the 2018 season. 

"This off-season going into the 2023 season could be the tipping point for a lot of fans. It could either reassure them that this ownership group cares about its players and its fans or it could solidify the fact that this ownership group is okay having a mediocre team and is now using the Red Sox/Fenway as their complacent Cash Cow."

Whatever you think of John W Henry and FSG, the views of this Boston Red Sox fan says so much and the similarities are eye opening.

• Downvote 1

There is a really good review by a guy called Mo Chatra on twitter about FSG, the accounts and our finances. Maybe somebody with a better handle on twitter could share the thread. 

He quotes some quite interesting stats. Would probably aid the debate on here.

1 hour ago, HBenn said:

There is a really good review by a guy called Mo Chatra on twitter about FSG, the accounts and our finances. Maybe somebody with a better handle on twitter could share the thread. 

He quotes some quite interesting stats. Would probably aid the debate on here.

Just clicked on to twitter and this had just been retweeted. These phones are listening 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Just clicked on to twitter and this had just been retweeted. These phones are listening 

Not only does that thread prove we have owners who are actively avoiding investment in the club, it does so using the club's own accounts. Mo hasn't even gone to the extremes of questioning some of the figures those accounts show, because trust me when I say they are accounts that throw up massive red flags and questions.

We have circa 300m wage bill, which simply does not add up. That wage bill, however, includes the wages for all staff - from players, to kit men, to dinner lady, to directors and corporate executives. It will also include the cost of external consultancy fees (if the club were to employ Deloitte consultants on a temporary basis for some commercial strategy initiatives, for instance). 

So when people say the accounts don't show FSG siphoning money away from the club, it's complete bollocks. No accounts would ever show that for a privately held company. It's easily conceivable, and in fact overwhelmingly probable, that our corporate executives are being paid performance related bonuses and extortionate salaries. Gordon could have walked away with a $25m bonus last year and it would have been accounted against our "wages and salaries" line item. That's obviously just an example, but if you think these guys are walking away with $250K a year, you are fucking deluded.

We will never be able to unearth those details but the reality remains that our net spend since 2018 equates to 2% of the revenues we've generated over the same time. I don't think you'll find a club in the premier league with that low of a ratio. The red herrings of wage bills (despite what I mention above), infrastructure investment, covid are all dispelled easily in Mo's thread. So we can tug on each other's dicks for as long as we like trying to work out the exact details but at the end of the day, we end up at the same question...

Where the fuck is the money going?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Not only does that thread prove we have owners who are actively avoiding investment in the club, it does so using the club's own accounts.

Those figures are available in the accounts, why has he gone to TransferMarkt?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Mo hasn't even gone to the extremes of questioning some of the figures those accounts show, because trust me when I say they are accounts that throw up massive red flags and questions.

Not that I don't trust you but which bits?