You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well as you say, I think we disagree on this. I am relaxed that they make their benefit from selling part of their asset. 

Well I don't their friends or how close to the glazers they are - it's normal for American sports to put profit for all before team rivalry. But a quick look at how henry made his money will tell you how he's likely to deal with LFC as an entity. It is a vehicle to increase wealth. 

Come on carra. Don't you read the papers? Bellingham and 2 others next summer. We're keeping our powder dry because next summer is going to be big. 

Well they make their money by increasing the value of the club, so if they sell up, they make money. The investment they took from redbird last year means they have now effectively made back their investment money, so every penny they make from selling either the club or parts of FSG is pure profit where LFC are concerned. I don't think they're just ripping us like C&A were. But I'm sure they make a small amount from the mark up they put on the interest payments the club pay on the stands etc - although that is probably no more expensive to LFC than if we were independent as FSG will undoubtedly be able to cheaper than LFC can. 

I don't mind then being friendly with Utd's owners for the rivalry reason, I am pretty sure they have always been pretty friendly going back to Edwards being at Utd. I worry a bit more in terms of being mates with people who are behaving like the way they are.

I don't care about Utd and I hope they stay there for a while yet but I would care if they behaved in a similar manner here.

Anyway, I think we are agreeing on the major points. I get what you are saying about the owners making money off their asset and being comfortable with it. I don't think it would bother me either if I felt Jürgen was being properly backed too but perhaps that is a bit idealistic on my behalf.

22 minutes ago, Moo said:

And is there any reason the directors couldn't pay themselves a wage if they wanted to?

The amount paid to directors is outlined in the accounts (not individually, but as a whole and I think they say how many directors are paid and what the too earner is). I can't remember how much it is, but it's not enourmous amounts. But it's simple to put a cost to a "supplier" and take money out like that, especially if that supplier is not in the UK. I don't know if they're doing that though, there's nothing to suggest they are. 

21 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I try to be as levelheaded as I can when discussing FSG. In many ways, they are brilliant owners because you can see they have a plan to grow their business and unlike other owners, they learn from their mistakes and appoint the right people.

However, they hit the jackpot with Jurgen and with their model, it's hard to see us continuing to compete without him. I mean two oil states, Chelsea, the Mancs spending like drunken sailors, and Spurs and Arsenal getting their shit together and being London clubs which is an advantage rightly or wrongly. I mean we have terrific young lads who could be with us for another ten years and you know he will leave the next manager with a proper good team, but he isn't going to keep turning water into wine. I actually think Nunez will be really good because I saw him play a few times with Benfica, but eventually even Jurgen will sign a dud and with our current model, we can't afford an expensive flop.

I think they gambled in January 2021 that we would still get top 4 and down to Jurgen (and big Nat), we did. Problem is that if we didn't, I've no doubt one or two like Mo would have looked to leave last summer. We have an injury crisis with a very good but ageing team - pay the extra 20 million to Dortmund and get an extra year out or Bellingham (or whoever we want). If it is the difference between winning trophies or top 4 and not, it's worth it. 

Anyhow, we just need to ride the next few weeks and take it from there. My gut feeling is that with our injuries and our very tough fixture list, if we are within 5-7 points of City by the world cup break, it won't be too bad - I'd actually settle for that right now. Then, hopefully hunt the fuckers down rather than be in a top 4 dogfight which is also a possibility.

I think it's important to remember of the Jan 21 window, that we were top of the league going into Christmas 20 and we'd just beaten palace 7-0 away from home. There was still a league to win, lovren was gone, Gomez and vvd out for the season and matip injured but playing through it. We threw the towel in on the league at that point and we were lucky to get top 4 by the end as the 1st 3 months if 21 and Christmas 20 were so bad. There was plenty of time to prepare for that window and it was incomprehensible to everyone at the time that we sat on our hands. Winning simply wasn't important. 

Anyway, enough of this thread. I'm leaving it. FSG are cunts, if people don't want to see itz it's up to them, nothing anyone can say at this point will change that. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He also said that the right midfielder isn't available and he doesn't want to buy someone who isn't right.

And followed that with he's not in charge of the money available, which is the clearest indication you will ever get there are right players, just not at the budget FSG are prepared to pay. 

19 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He also said that the right midfielder isn't available and he doesn't want to buy someone who isn't right.

Did he? I don't think it was as black and white as that. If it was that simple why follow up with the rest of what he said?

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

FSG are cunts, if people don't want to see itz it's up to them, nothing anyone can say at this point will change that. 

Yeah this. 

Agree with the sentiment entirely though I probably wouldn't call them cunts.  They are what they are, cheap bastards wringing every last drop of resource from a beautiful asset while doing the bare minimum on investment. We have a glorious manager and a glorious heritage but they choose not to make the most of this special time.  They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Cheap bastards.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He didn’t really, he said they always try to bring in the right player, but didn’t say that there was no available player that he wanted.

Then brought up that he wasn’t in charge of the budget and said it would be cool if we had a new midfielder.

Now, he could have been answering a longwinded question where he was asked a few things, but even then it’s not often Klopp has even mentioned budget. 

I think the frustration for people is that it's been proven now that when we pay top dollar for the players Klopp wants, and we get the very best - it yields results. When we tinker around the edges, which we did for 30 years - it doesn't. 

You buy top quality, you win stuff. 

There's one or two glaring weaknesses in the side which anyone can spot, especially opponents, and it's literally a case of 'now or never' to fix them. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Jesus wept. Let me explain it for anybody who still seems to want to believe John Henry shits red roses. 

These comments echo those that Klopp made in Jan 20, when we needed a CB desperately. He said then too that we can’t just buy any CB, it needs to be the right profile. After that, the owners sanctioned the purchase of some cunt who we only bought because we projected the ability to make a profit on him (and we just did this summer), he was so shit that he never made a single first team appearance under Klopp. I don’t even think he played a first team game. 

When he says “the right midfielder isn’t available”, he means “the only options these tight bastards are giving me as so shite that I’d rather not even have them in the squad”. It’s no surprise Berge is being touted now, because we probably think we can get a deal on the crock of shite. Klopp has likely said Barella, Bellingham, so on and so forth. Gordon has probably said “sorry mate, too rich for our blood, I can only sanction a 10-15m signing for somebody we can recoup on or a loan. The only way I can sanction Bellingham is when Milner and Bobby are off the wages and once Dortmund accept 72m for him over 4 years”

The quotes above are obviously made up, but it seems to be the only way people can understand the situation because they’ve seemingly lost the ability to read between the lines. Klopp himself said we cannot buy the midfielder he wants because their contracts run out in 2025-2027. Why the fuck would our manager give a fuck about a detail like that? Because it’s the reason that’s been given to him but Gordon and FSG. That’s a massive deal breaker because it means you can’t get a cut price deal on the asset.

Last January the party line was that there was nobody available, and then suddenly we bought Diaz. Peps book revealed that even though they said nobody was available, privately they were fucking pleading for Diaz.

• Upvote 1

Imagine being on a strict diet, but every Friday you allow yourself a 1000 calorie cheat meal. 

You’re in the office and somebody brings in some gluten free, vegan cookies that look like shite. You haven’t had anything sweet all week though, so you’re tempted. 

But you stop yourself because you’re thinking I’m only allowed 1000 calories to splurge, fuck wasting it on some shitty vegan cookies. 

That’s Klopp’s dilemma. The fat bastard wants Barella Biscuits or a Bellingham Butty but knows that if he takes a Sander Berge Soup he won’t be afforded either. Soup does the trick but it’s fucking average and he can probably go home and make a minestrone with what he has in the pantry.  

(I’m on a diet right now)

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Sell the club? Who to? More criminals?

Oh the sanctity of being owned by angel investors in a game run by only the most devilish.

We are outspent by 15 of the 20 fucking clubs in the league every year, unless every one of those clubs is owned by one of Putin’s cousin then spare me the sanctimony. FSG are as right wing as you can get so they certain aren’t perfect custodians themselves. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Oh the sanctity of being owned by angel investors in a game run by only the most devilish.

We are outspent by 15 of the 20 fucking clubs in the league every year, unless every one of those clubs is owned by one of Putin’s cousin then spare me the sanctimony. FSG are as right wing as you can get so they certain aren’t perfect custodians themselves. 

I'd be more than willing to have 'better' owners than FSG,but if it's anybody like City, Newcastle or PSG then I am done with the club. I'm sure others would be the same. FSG is far enough to the right for me.

We get this every fucking year, 'we've been outspent by 15 clubs.' Only ONE club has been more successful than us in the last 6 years. What have the other 14 got to show for it? Fuck all except more debt.

Honestly, sometimes I wish FSG would sell the club then we could see just who else would buy it and match these other club's spending and we end up with a massive debt we can then all moan about holding the club back,

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We get this every fucking year, 'we've been outspent by 15 clubs.' Only ONE club has been more successful than us in the last 6 years. What have the other 14 got to show for it? Fuck all except more debt.

Honestly, sometimes I wish FSG would sell the club then we could see just who else would buy it and match these other club's spending and we end up with a massive debt we can then all moan about holding the club back,

The point is we haven't taken full advantage of Klopp being here. It took a monumental effort to get into the Top 4 which coincided with a couple of rivals going through transition and we've got up to Man City's level despite them having unlimited funds. 

There appears to no desire from the club to move us to the next level to avoid the other teams to catch us up and for us to keep winning for the next 5 to 10 years. They seem perfe try OK with the club ticking over on the bare minimum while they grasp at every single available pound they can get.  It all has to be done on the cheap with absolutely minimal investment and the club earnings being far more than the teams who are outspending and wanting to catch us up. There's always soundbites from the club media parrots about how well the club is run and how clever they are yet it smacks of complacency.

If we drop out of the top 4 before or after Klopp leaves they won't be buying players like Arsenal have who have been out of the CL for 5 years desperatelytrying to compete. A lot of our top players will be older and have little value to fund any rebuild. 

It isn't just "we need to spend £200m net every summer" which everyone seems to get accused of when they highlight the fact that our players are knackered, unreliable or low on numbers. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Imagine being on a strict diet, but every Friday you allow yourself a 1000 calorie cheat meal. 

You’re in the office and somebody brings in some gluten free, vegan cookies that look like shite. You haven’t had anything sweet all week though, so you’re tempted. 

But you stop yourself because you’re thinking I’m only allowed 1000 calories to splurge, fuck wasting it on some shitty vegan cookies. 

That’s Klopp’s dilemma. The fat bastard wants Barella Biscuits or a Bellingham Butty but knows that if he takes a Sander Berge Soup he won’t be afforded either. Soup does the trick but it’s fucking average and he can probably go home and make a minestrone with what he has in the pantry.  

(I’m on a diet right now)

We're basically run like a house that was bought on homes under the hammer.

Bought at auction for very little, the rental income pays for any outgoings and they got a good builder happy to work on a strict budget who raised the value of the property and they'll make a killing when they sell. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

We're basically run like a house that was bought on homes under the hammer.

Bought at auction for very little, the rental income pays for any outgoings and they got a good builder happy to work on a strict budget who raised the value of the property and they'll make a killing when they sell. 

(Dion Dublins voice) John & Linda expect to make a yield of a million per cent a year whilst avoiding taxes and other charges

• Like 1