You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

20 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It is all bullshit. All this planning 3 windows in advance is utter shit. What if the player you want to buy 3 Windows down the line gets injured, becomes shit or ends up going to a rival?.

They seem to put out a couple of names that are hard to buy or the club won't sell at all just to say "next summer will be a big one" but it just never happens. If Mane had stayed we would have only bought two young players for around £10m then let Mane leave as a free agent. Yet again Klopp has no transfer funds apart from what he generates in sales. 

Billy Hogan said the other day that once the club gets the full benefit of the Nike deal they will be "firing on all cylinders". So that's in addition to the last 5 years CL money, bigger ground, bigger commercial deals, lower net spend than some promoted teams and playing every game last year, gaining the highest TV revenue in the league the last few seasons?. Charging £30 for memberships per season when you have very little chance of ever attending a Premier League game. The best you can hope for is a League 2 club at home in the League Cup. They've always been penny pinching twats. 

Why aren't we firing on all cylinders now?. Or do we have to wait another 2 seasons after that to see the benefit of the Anfield Road end development?

They love telling the world how clever they are and constantly patting themselves on the back. I saw that quote about transfer deadline day and if its true it is very arrogant and complacent. 

Here we are again with the 'sign somebody' and everything will be alright mentality. We have,largely,the same group of players who were in contention for four trophies just a couple of months back and now suddenly they are all shit? I'm not buying that(get it?) Ahem, but we do have problems yet I'd say those problems arise from a lack of time. A lack of rest time,a lack of adequate training time in as much to acclimatise newer players to their roles in the team and their fitness to do so. And obviously we've lacked the time for them to shake off any injuries or knocks when we get them. If I could offer criticism from the summer its that so many players were sold in one hit,Mane,Origi and Minamino all played differing roles in last season's success and their replacements(Nunez apart)are far less experienced in comparison. That is a concern when we are having to throw Elliott and Carvalho into the first team instead. If we are going to play the same way as we have been under Klopp then the immediate problem based on the first two league games is a lack of pace,it's stark compared to previous campaigns. Seeing Phillips exposed last night had me harking back to our underwhelming past and it wasnt pleasant at all.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Here we are again with the 'sign somebody' and everything will be alright mentality. We have,largely,the same group of players who were in contention for four trophies just a couple of months back and now suddenly they are all shit? I'm not buying that(get it?) Ahem, but we do have problems yet I'd say those problems arise from a lack of time. A lack of rest time,a lack of adequate training time in as much to acclimatise newer players to their roles in the team and their fitness to do so. And obviously we've lacked the time for them to shake off any injuries or knocks when we get them. If I could offer criticism from the summer its that so many players were sold in one hit,Mane,Origi and Minamino all played differing roles in last season's success and their replacements(Nunez apart)are far less experienced in comparison. That is a concern when we are having to throw Elliott and Carvalho into the first team instead. If we are going to play the same way as we have been under Klopp then the immediate problem based on the first two league games is a lack of pace,it's stark compared to previous campaigns. Seeing Phillips exposed last night had me harking back to our underwhelming past and it wasnt pleasant at all.

But we don’t “largely” have the same group of players at all. Every single player is one year older and one year more brittle, especially in the case of our sick notes in Thiago, Keita, Ox, Hendo, Jota, Bobby, Matip, etc. Many of those very sick notes played beyond their normal means last season, that was the real miracle of the quadruple. We have lost Mane, our attacking talisman behind Salah and replaced him with a raw and unproven talent of an entirely different dynamic. We have lost about 20 goals from the bench in Origi and Minamino and replaced them with quite frankly, nobody. 

Last year was done against the odds, we had no right being in the conversation for a quad and ultimately we lost the two main trophies because that showed. We needed severe investment the summer prior, mainly in midfielder. It should have been the first thing we rectified when the window opened this summer. 

7 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Last year was done against the odds, we had no right being in the conversation for a quad and ultimately we lost the two main trophies because that showed. We needed severe investment the summer prior, mainly in midfielder. It should have been the first thing we rectified when the window opened this summer. 

In the end we lost the two main trophies by a point and a goal.

I actually thought the two "minor" trophies we won, with 0-0 draws, showed it more.

And I take your point.

40 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's not. It's a culmination of being complacent whilst in a position of power, being self congratulatory and just being tight whilst telling the world how good we are getting new commercial deals. 

I would say we needed another attacking option also agreeing with you on the players sold, even if it was a young player not costing that much from another league. I don't expect us to buy players for £60m to sit on the bench.

We were actually lucky to sell some of the fringe players for the amounts we did but then next year there won't be as many players we can sell but we need an entire new midfield. Do we just give Milner another one year contract or hope that Bajetic can save us millions?. Bellingham will go to Real Madrid, PSG or Man City. 

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

It's not. It's a culmination of being complacent whilst in a position of power, being self congratulatory and just being tight whilst telling the world how good we are getting new commercial deals. 

I would say we needed another attacking option also agreeing with you on the players sold, even if it was a young player not costing that much from another league. I don't expect us to buy players for £60m to sit on the bench.

We were actually lucky to sell some of the fringe players for the amounts we did but then next year there won't be as many players we can sell but we need an entire new midfield. Do we just give Milner another one year contract or hope that Bajetic can save us millions?. Bellingham will go to Real Madrid, PSG or Man City. 

I agree with this.

I fucking hate the "the club are "relaxed" about the midfield/defence/striker options" or the "already working on 2023"  lines that gets repeated. Surely that whole job is about continual improvement.

The most frustrating thing about this last few weeks are that the vast majority of those that are injured are the ones that have been or are becoming most susceptible to injury for the last 2-3 years. 

Ok, maybe we wouldn't expect them to be all out at the same time but it is looking like they worked them like dogs in Austria as usual but then accelerated the load on them due to the right preseason. Should it therefore be that surprising to our medical guys and so recruitment team that the ones who have historically been injured have really struggled?

The recruitment guys should have been looking at getting in cover/replacements for the injury prone for the last 2 years. Their whole fucking Job should be about risk mitigation. I struggle to believe they haven't seen this coming.

So either they have been complacent, the pandemic has stopped them or the owners just ensure we do the bare minimum to get by. 

Either way this "relaxed" line will make us look like pricks if we are flying around in 2 weeks time desperate to get someone in, especially after the lessons that should have been learnt the season we lost Virgil etc

If Klopp wants a player and that player has been identified and he asks for the green light to go and get that player, then i find it difficult to believe that given what he has done for this club and how successful his and his teams transfer strategy has been, that the club would not back him.

Just now, an tha said:

If Klopp wants a player and that player has been identified and he asks for the green light to go and get that player, then i find it difficult to believe that given what he has done for this club and how successful his and his teams transfer strategy has been, that the club would not back him.

Doubters into believers. The man's work is never done.

31 minutes ago, an tha said:

So are you saying the story is not true?

I have no idea if it is or not.

48 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Klopp confirms that he wants a midfielder but has been told we have no money. We have spent 2m net this window. 

How can it be disputed that these guys are absolute cunts? Please sell the fucking club you cheap wankers. 

Is there a link for this?

Edit - think I've found it now and it's pretty clear what he's saying imo. 

Seems he's not afforded much leeway on the transfer front even when desperate. 

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Is there a link for this?

Edit - think I've found it now and it's pretty clear what he's saying imo. 

Seems he's not afforded much leeway on the transfer front even when desperate. 

Sorry I’m on my phone so cannot link

I think that’s as crystal clear as an admission as you can possible get from somebody as diplomatic as Klopp. The be all and end all is - he has been told we have no money left (or at least, nothing considerable). It’s as simple as that. 

I promise there is no glee in this, but it’s what many of us have said all along. We have never backed our manager meaningfully and we have constantly seen us fall just short of honors. Meanwhile FSG have raked in millions in equity sell-offs and commercial deals.

They get so much grace because of how much adoration we have for the players and the manager. But aside from appointing brilliantly, what have they really done for us? Fuck all investment, not only in the playing staff but also the stadium and the training ground. All of that was paid off the club’s own revenue, in other words, the fans. They bought us for circa 300m and own an asset worth around 5-6 billion (given Chelsea and Man Utd’s recent valuation). They could build an entire new stadium and still be up on their original investment, let alone a fucking 60m midfielder. 

The league already becoming a tale of “what’s the fucking point” after watching them two oil clubs batter each other today, but the sad thing is that even with a modest net investment every year we probably would have two or three more big trophies right now. Now our net investment is touching “fuck all”, so it doesn’t even feel like that is possible.  

I’m sure somebody will come in here and call me a doom and gloom merchant or hysterical Fanny, it’s all good. Tap yourselves on the back for being “real” fans and enjoy watching us fall short again this year. 

• Upvote 1

It’s okay. We’ll soon be overtaken by Arsenal - an ambitious, big spending club - and Tottenham, leaving us in a scramble for 4th, but we’ll still be the cleverest boys in the room planning three windows ahead. Then, when the wheels fall off, there’s a manager to sacrifice at the alter of the super fan.

• Upvote 1

It has a bit of a feel of Jan 2021 where the owners will probably only allow Jürgen to buy a midfielder if Hendo or Fabinho go down with a bad one tonight. By which point everyone will know how desperate we are or the players that can improve us are not there.

It's been interesting to see though how what Jürgen really thinks has gradually come out, from the exasperation of "why do we need more midfielders', to the interview with sky basically saying "we do want players but they are not available or deemed too expensive", to "I want a midfielder and a striker but am not in charge of the budget". Personally I think he wanted someone like Barella but was told no way. 

Look back at January. Klopp keeps the party line arguing about value not being available in Jan while privately (according to Peps book) they were pleading with the owners and Ward that they desperately wanted Diaz. What did they do? Apparently nothing until Levy stepped in. 

It's typical short term profit protection from FSG. The most worrying aspect is what happens next summer? There is no way we buy Bellingham as then we will have no money to buy anyone else at all. We may not even buy him.

Personally I just don't get their logic. Being tight on transfers while letting players go on Bosmans and paying the wages of 9 players for 3 positions (because half cannot stay fit) instead of buying from a position of strength they do just the bare minimum (if that). Their asset value will reduce and any potential buyer (at some point) will reduce the price knowing the team needs investment.

In the short term though I think the journos need to be doing more. Like when Klopp comes out at the start of the summer about the midfield, why isn't one of them asking the more pertinent questions like whether he expects the majority of them to stay fit? (Cause most of the fans don't and he knows much more  about them than us). Now, Why aren't any of them calling FSG out or Mike Gordon? Mike Gordon never says a bloody thing but apparently he is the one they go to for the money! Instead they just repeat the "they don't put any money in but don't take any money out" bollocks! They just give them an easy ride.

They don't put any money in, we pay them interest on any loans and they take money off us via the backdoor and currently will walk away with a £2-3bn profit. It's a little ironic we play the Mancs tonight. Yes, their owners are worse but they didn't look so bad until Fergie left and had they convinced Klopp to replace him most of their fans would probably be non the wiser as they swept all before them. 

• Upvote 1

Wages were too high after last season.  Too many bonus payments.  Thank fuck we came up short for the league and European Cup. 

Frankly it was crazy for anyone to think or suggest that our network of talent spotters couldn't or can't find someone or several players to improve the squad.  

We've got no money and that is what the boss is saying.  

That's utter bullshit and not fair on Jurgen or us as fans given the amounts the club make.  Biggest revenue in English footy and yet a meagre spend year on year.  

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s okay. We’ll soon be overtaken by Arsenal - an ambitious, big spending club - and Tottenham, leaving us in a scramble for 4th, but we’ll still be the cleverest boys in the room planning three windows ahead. Then, when the wheels fall off, there’s a manager to sacrifice at the alter of the super fan.

Not just them. We've been outspent by two of the promoted teams, Brentford, Southampton, West Ham and Wolves despite us having Champions League money for the last five years. They really are a fucking joke. 

If Mane had not left we would have only bought Ramsey and Carvalho. And we tried to buy Carvalho in January.