Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 313 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

25 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The skill here though is replacing the crocks or the origi's with players who can make a big difference. I've said before, but if we add a centre back without losing anyone, and 2 Jota standard signings for midfield and attack, we've made a good start in refreshing the 1st team as well as the squad - well have vvd back, fabinho and Henderson will be back in midfield. Jones will have the experience of this year behind him. We could end up where our 5th choice attacker is firmino and maybe midfield would be Henderson, fabinho, new guy, Jones ... Then keita, thiago, milner behind that. 

I also think another thing that perhaps klopp needs to think about is how he fills those square peg round hole issues. Historically he's had say milner doing full back and ox joining the attackers. But that's ok, they weren't first choice, so they got their games in midfield and some in their back up position. But when they're in their backup position, they're not damaging the first XI. Using Henderson and fabinho as we have (I realise Henderson at the back has been exceptional), but it has really hurt us. We've weakened 4 places on the pitch. It was clear we came into this season with a plan to use fabinho at centre back. But that's been really bad for us. 

Yeah.

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It was always going to happen if you look at the ages of our best players and when the contracts end. That's why you've had plenty of people, and rightfully so, debate when it would be appropriate to sell and replace some of these players. It just looks like more of a dubious job now because we've also quickly accumulated useless players and we now have to get rid of them too. So now it feels like we need to sell and replace half the squad at the same time. 

Bad planning/squad management.

And dare i say it short term thinking.

OK we have of course had 3 brilliant seasons and 2 of them succesful - but you have to have your eyes on keeping that going and planning for the coming seasons/fixing the issues in squad.

We seem to be allowing the spine to grow old at same time, be doing nothing about the perma crocks, or the nothing players and rely on square pegs when round holes need covering, weakening the areas we pull them from to cover, or contributing nothing of note when dropped into team to play out of position....things like bringing off Mane and asking Origi to play out wide, or starting Oxlade in front 3, Milner at full back etc....

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

OK we have of course had 3 brilliant seasons and 2 of them succesful - but you have to have your eyes on keeping that going and planning for the coming seasons/fixing the issues in squad.

We seem to be allowing the spine to grow old at same time, be doing nothing about the perma crocks, or the nothing players and rely on square pegs when round holes need covering, weakening the areas we pull them from to cover, or contributing nothing of note when dropped into team to play out of position....things like bringing off Mane and asking Origi to play out wide, or starting Oxlade in front 3, Milner at full back etc....

Listen, it was genius when we were winning and now it looks incredibly short-sighted. That's how this stuff works. 

25 minutes ago, an tha said:

I'd say its only been 'short term' thinking on Klopp's part because he doesn't believe he'd get enough money to replace our best players with 'like for like' replacements. I think he's had to work like that from almost the beginning but was clever enough to be able to wheel and deal through it. Now he knows(covid is one of the reasons,but not the only one) that he hasnt got any real money to spend and cant even sell to buy at the moment.

• Upvote 2

According to Sportico, last month RedBird acquired 30-40% stake in Wasserman (formerly Wasserman Media Group or WMG). 

As many Liverpool fans may have forgotten, Wasserman has represented a number of Liverpool players over the years, including Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen, and Jamie Carragher. Currently, Joe Gomez, Neco Williams, and Jordan Henderson are represented by Wasserman; other Premier League notables include Aymeric LaPorte, Jamie Vardy, John Stones, Rhian Brewster, and Harvey Barnes. Internationally, they represent Gio Reyna, Houssem Aouar, and Federico Valverde.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

According to Sportico, last month RedBird acquired 30-40% stake in Wasserman (formerly Wasserman Media Group or WMG). 

As many Liverpool fans may have forgotten, Wasserman has represented a number of Liverpool players over the years, including Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen, and Jamie Carragher. Currently, Joe Gomez, Neco Williams, and Jordan Henderson are represented by Wasserman; other Premier League notables include Aymeric LaPorte, Jamie Vardy, John Stones, Rhian Brewster, and Harvey Barnes. Internationally, they represent Gio Reyna, Houssem Aouar, and Federico Valverde.

I read that the other day interesting stuff.

Another FSG arselicking article in the Echo. This time telling everyone how clever they have been since 2016 with transfers mentioning the Coutinho money.  And how much better they have been than Man Utd. It's at least once a week they do an article about how clever Liverpool have been since 2016.

26 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Another FSG arselicking article in the Echo. This time telling everyone how clever they have been since 2016 with transfers mentioning the Coutinho money.  And how much better they have been than Man Utd. It's at least once a week they do an article about how clever Liverpool have been since 2016.

Yeah, but look what they did with the coutinho money. 

31 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Look at this one. Fucking hell. 

FSG could repeat Thiago signing and frustrate Man Utd again

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-could-repeat-thiago-alcantara-19950285#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Look at this one. Fucking hell. 

FSG could repeat Thiago signing and frustrate Man Utd again

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-could-repeat-thiago-alcantara-19950285#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

Basically the same template of waffle about how great they are and we might sign Varane at the end of it. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Thats it then lads, signing Gerrard, Owen and Carragher in the summer.

Nike can keep their Mbappe. 

21 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Basically the same template of waffle about how great they are and we might sign Varane at the end of it. 

I have to admit, I scoffed at that as well.

Plus, another injury plagued centre back.

I don't agree with the "rebuild" comments either. Anybody would think we're a team of OAP's by the way some are talking.

Does the squad need a bit of refreshing? I don't think anybody would disagree, but thats not a rebuild. As quite a few of us here have said, through the spine of the side needs looking at. A couple of quality <25 year olds players, replace those who aren't contributing with these new players with players who will and let them push the established first team players and if they perform better, the first team players become the squad players. 

Also, we have a few summers to do it. The main men are only 28-ish now. Hardly 35.

It's natural attrition. I don't see the difficulty in understanding it TBH.

A7523D56-ECD3-4AED-96BB-C5065BFE0F3D.jpeg

Revolutions mothaFUCKER. 

They acted far too late on a cb, but:

Alisson

Trent, vvd, gomez, robbo

Thiago, fab, henderson

Mane , salah, jota

wins the league. Buy a cb or 2, a CM, and a No 9 and we are back. 

We will still have a threadbare squad, but you can't have everything.

The likes of Koulibaly, Rice and Haaland would do it. Would be winning for a few years.  As one of the elite clubs, it is what we should be doing. 

Owners are always going to do the bare minimum especially with klopp in charge. 

Top 4 and Nike doesn't mean anything - owners don't want to buy unless we sell.

We need to add to what we have and shouldn't sell any of our main players especially not the stars.

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is that opposite the Kenny stand car park? I might try to drive down to take a look. 

Also interesting the lights were on..I wonder that was going on? 

The car park next to the fanzone behind Anny Road. 

If you do, please tell. 

27 minutes ago, Code said:

The car park next to the fanzone behind Anny Road. 

If you do, please tell. 

Thought you were kicking off then Code 

• Upvote 2

On 03/03/2021 at 06:17, Doctor Troy said:

Did they give FSG any credit for Keegan's sale to Hamburg and replacing him with Dalglish at a profit?