You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The team is on its absolute arse. We created nothing today because we had to start with a 4 man midfield that consisted of an experienced bloke who's been out of form for 6 months, 2 kids who are trying to learn to be midfielders and we don't even given them consistent positions to learn and an inconsistent lad who's never strung more than a good game or two together starting his first match after 6 months injury. And one of our subs who hasn't played for even longer and shouldn't be near the team anyway and is so poor these days he wouldn't get a game for forest. 

When I said we might win 5-0 I wasn't expecting that midfield and a Chamberlain appearance - and I did say "if we get an early goal". I think forest are fucking shit, we should be putting them to the sword, but we can barely get a team on the pitch most weeks and the root of it all is the complete neglect of the midfield. 

We will continue to be shite with these chancers in our midfield. I wouldn't be arsed if we sold the lot. They're either shite or crocks or both. There's not 1 you can hang your hat on. 

Probably.

The City result was a reminder of who we were rather than who we are.

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The team is on its absolute arse. We created nothing today because we had to start with a 4 man midfield that consisted of an experienced bloke who's been out of form for 6 months, 2 kids who are trying to learn to be midfielders and we don't even given them consistent positions to learn and an inconsistent lad who's never strung more than a good game or two together starting his first match after 6 months injury. And one of our subs who hasn't played for even longer and shouldn't be near the team anyway and is so poor these days he wouldn't get a game for forest. 

When I said we might win 5-0 I wasn't expecting that midfield and a Chamberlain appearance - and I did say "if we get an early goal". I think forest are fucking shit, we should be putting them to the sword, but we can barely get a team on the pitch most weeks and the root of it all is the complete neglect of the midfield. 

We will continue to be shite with these chancers in our midfield. I wouldn't be arsed if we sold the lot. They're either shite or crocks or both. There's not 1 you can hang your hat on. 

The first paragraph hits the nail on the head both Carvalho and Elliott should be on from the bench and Jones the same coming back from injury as he is. Its a disgrace that our club is in this position due to a lack of proper investment. Jurgen also now needs to drop the sentiment and start clearing out the dross.

• Upvote 1

Keita can walk on a free with a signing on fee. He’s already gone as far as I’m concerned. I’d be surprised if we see him play again.

You can also file the Bellingham stories under fiction alongside the M’bappe, Summer Warchest, and Compete With Anyone tales from previous seasons.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

The first paragraph hits the nail on the head both Carvalho and Elliott should be on from the bench and Jones the same coming back from injury as he is. Its a disgrace that our club is in this position due to a lack of proper investment. Jurgen also now needs to drop the sentiment and start clearing out the dross.

I think he has probably been trying but the fact they are dross and on good wages means it is very difficult.

Any club with ambition would appreciate that and not make all incomings based on shifting the dross first, especially now.

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

There’ll be more people getting vocal about wanting a change of manager than willing to protest the neglect of the owners.

Yeah, I think that is more likely. 

The number of fans, journos and pundits that are starting to say "Yeah the owners could have invested a bit more and we have had a few injuries but". 

For me it is a staggering lazy analysis of the reasons. Frustrating to hear from our own fans but inexcusable to hear from the local journos imo. The pundits, tbh, are just shockingly bad and imo the worst of them are generally ex LFC ones which unfortunately adds weight to those who want to blame Klopp.

5 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Probably.

I don't really agree with that. 

I think it is a reminder of where we are at. 

It feels like everytime we find a solution our current issues soon undermine it. Last week we had a team that had pace and energy and less than a week later 3 of those are injured. 

Thiago, Nunez and Jota play yesterday in that formation and I think we win comfortably. I could see us beating them by 5 or 6 at Anfield. Even without them, I think if Konate plays yesterday we still would have won. 

The depressing thing is we just seem unable to play a consistent 8 or 9. You can get away with changing maybe 2 or 3 players each game but I just don't see how if you are changing more than that you can expect any sort of fluency. 

It's a bit arrogant imo that you can just expect to rock up and create chances against 11 behind the ball. Our success against that approach has come from quick/fluid interchanging of passes. We don't have that currently.

Having a midfield that can play every week would go a long long way to rectifying those issues. Albeit I think we also need to address what the hell is going on with the medical approach as well now. I don't see how the likes of Diaz, Jota and Nunez are picking up injuries so easily now and that is a real concern.

1 hour ago, HBenn said:

I think he has probably been trying but the fact they are dross and on good wages means it is very difficult.

Any club with ambition would appreciate that and not make all incomings based on shifting the dross first, especially now.

Come January we are maybe going to have to have incoming in January with the dross still here. FSG need to fuckin stand up and be counted.

8 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Probably.

And it had some different players involved. Jota and thiago played. Gomez didn't fuck up and give away a goal. And when we needed fresh legs we were able to bring on players who made an impact - and most importantly we didn't have carvalho and Elliot on the pitch at the same time. If we get the right combinations on the pitch, we've shown we can do ok. Add that we have 5 days between games before for that match as it was a tuesday-sunday, which is klopp's ideal gap and we've followed it with the minimum gap of Sunday night, weds night, Saturday morning and the frailness of the squad comes to the fore. We just don't have the squad to play Sunday, weds, Saturday and that is mostly down (but not exclusively) to the absolute neglect of talent management in midfield. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CapeRed said:

How can we get rid of anybody when a) we only have one transfer window and b) nobody wants the overpaid pieces of crap.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And it had some different players involved. Jota and thiago played. Gomez didn't fuck up and give away a goal. And when we needed fresh legs we were able to bring on players who made an impact - and most importantly we didn't have carvalho and Elliot on the pitch at the same time. If we get the right combinations on the pitch, we've shown we can do ok. Add that we have 5 days between games before for that match as it was a tuesday-sunday, which is klopp's ideal gap and we've followed it with the minimum gap of Sunday night, weds night, Saturday morning and the frailness of the squad comes to the fore. We just don't have the squad to play Sunday, weds, Saturday and that is mostly down (but not exclusively) to the absolute neglect of talent management in midfield. 

I think this is broadly right.  The fact that we're playing two young lads who, let's face it, are not really ready to be playing at the top level consistently, is indicative of the paucity of options we have.  That, and the questionable outcomes that our fitness staff are producing, both need addressing soon.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I think this is broadly right.  The fact that we're playing two young lads who, let's face it, are not really ready to be playing at the top level consistently, is indicative of the paucity of options we have.  That, and the questionable outcomes that our fitness staff are producing, both need addressing soon.

The fitness situation is on the Souness/Boersma levels now.

3 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Come January we are maybe going to have to have incoming in January with the dross still here. FSG need to fuckin stand up and be counted.

We clearly need incomings regardless of outgoings but whether FSG step up is another thing.

If we are close to the CL places by then will it embolden them to say we can wait to the summer? If we aren't, will they say we cannot get players in. For instance, I could see Caciedo being available and Chelsea being in for him. Will he come here if they are solid top 4? Will they use that as an excuse to do nothing?

I could well see them going after the defensive midfielder from Benfica (not Fernandez) saying he represents best value but is not available until the summer and we need to make do.

Ironically FSG are everything we need in midfield:  creative (in their ability to create new excuses to do nothing) and resilient/stubborn (in their ability to resist pressure to do anything)

2 minutes ago, HBenn said:

We clearly need incomings regardless of outgoings but whether FSG step up is another thing.

If we are close to the CL places by then will it embolden them to say we can wait to the summer? If we aren't, will they say we cannot get players in. For instance, I could see Caciedo being available and Chelsea being in for him. Will he come here if they are solid top 4? Will they use that as an excuse to do nothing?

I could well see them going after the defensive midfielder from Benfica (not Fernandez) saying he represents best value but is not available until the summer and we need to make do.

Ironically FSG are everything we need in midfield:  creative (in their ability to create new excuses to do nothing) and resilient/stubborn (in their ability to resist pressure to do anything)

I would love to be pleasantly surprised by FSG but I doubt if I will be.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

How can we get rid of anybody when a) we only have one transfer window and b) nobody wants the overpaid pieces of crap.

Unfortunately we might have to let them see out their contract and release them. Our transfer policy is not something to enthuse about.

39 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I'd be gobsmacked if there isn't some sort of formal review going on - we should be bringing in independent medical consultants to find out what is going wrong.

I suspect we just have so many players playing in the red zone at the moment. Klopp says Jotas injury to his calf last week was a result of getting kicked and stretching his muscle when he was too tired. Nunez missed yesterday after complaining about pain at half time, was sent back out to do 10 mins more. It felt last season we did pretty well (especially in the 2nd half of the season) of getting players off when they were in trouble. I think the choices on the bench are so poor, we're trying to keep players going longer than we would normally, which in turn is exasperating the problem. 

How much of all this is a reaction to last season, I have no idea. I'm pretty fucki g certain though crocks being crocks who just get injured without getting near the pitch is contributing.