You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ian Ayre in SSN Studio at 5.30

mht1892

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was very guarded in all his answers so there wasn't really anything to learn from that brief interview. Pretty much the only definitive statement he made - other than saying that we'd still be at Anfield in 2 years time because any new stadium wouldn't be ready by then - was to mention that he'd be discussing naming rights deals with a couple of clients this weekend. Apart from that, it was all pretty bog standard stuff, albeit with Jim White about ready to blow his load, such was his excitement.

I couldn't believe he actually said it when you posted that link. Imagine thinking that was an acceptable answer for ripping off young people.
I emailed him asking for some answers regarding that. He told me to direct any questions via the fans committee. The same fans committee that accepted his original answer without seemingly batting an eyelid.

I'm at an absolute loss as to what that SSN exercise was for.

What makes you say that, for me it does not mean one or the other. They are just regenerating part of Anfield, nothing more in it.

I did not read it properly and did not see the specific roads mentioned, but Gilman Street and parts of Back Rockfield Road are pretty close to the stadium so if something is going to be done there I can imagine it might cause trouble for redevelopment.

But I'm not bombastic about it at all after reading it again.

Because research was done and young fans said they wanted to be treated like adults.

I couldn't believe he actually said it when you posted that link. Imagine thinking that was an acceptable answer for ripping off young people.

Did he actually say that? What a fucking disgrace.

Guest ShoePiss

When their stock was highest they took advantage and gave SOS a public dressing down for daring to send an email in the month of December, from a board member's work email no less.

Then they turned supporter attack dog ATK in to their very own friendly pup.

Then they created their own supporter representation

Then they waffled about stadium plans

Then they hung Suarez out to dry and forced Kenny to apologise.

More a like PR stunt to save his useless arse. God i hate the cunt.

The problem being John Henry in a interview which would be hard to find again said in it how Ayres appointment was a coup and KD an DC appointments are a calculated gamble.

He did also say though he was happy keeping RH here as manager.

Will have to try find that interview again as he said quite alot about the club in it.Will post it when I get a chance to find it again.

When their stock was highest they took advantage and gave SOS a public dressing down for daring to send an email in the month of December, from a board member's work email no less.

I'm not sold on them either and like you was disgusted with the Suarez hang out, but bloody behave would you regarding Alan, that's a man who did more than any one if us in the fight against Hicks and Gillet, and whatever your personal opinion on him is fine, I know he's not everybody's cup of tea but remember what he did so you and I had a club to support and not be debating how we get outta administration

Guest ShoePiss
I'm not sold on them either and like you was disgusted with the Suarez hang out, but bloody behave would you regarding Alan, that's a man who did more than any one if us in the fight against Hicks and Gillet, and whatever your personal opinion on him is fine, I know he's not everybody's cup of tea but remember what he did so you and I had a club to support and not be debating how we get outta administration

I remember and appreciate what he did then.

I did not read it properly and did not see the specific roads mentioned, but Gilman Street and parts of Back Rockfield Road are pretty close to the stadium so if something is going to be done there I can imagine it might cause trouble for redevelopment.

But I'm not bombastic about it at all after reading it again.

It was another nothing peice really Frode. This bit was interssting though.

'Houses to be refurbished rather than demolished include those within the boundary of Back Rockfield Road, Gilman Street, Walton Breck Road, Sleepers Hill and Saker Street.

If you look on Google maps you'll see that the streets/roads 'within the boundary' do not really have anything to do with with any potential redeveloped Anfield. As I said, I find it odd that there was no mention of the street (Lothair) directly behind the main stand. I'd be interested to see what houses have been earmarked for demolition.

'

Did he actually say that? What a fucking disgrace.
I didn't see the interview from the beginning but that was the answer he have to the fans committee last year.

It was another nothing peice really Frode. This bit was interssting though.

'Houses to be refurbished rather than demolished include those within the boundary of Back Rockfield Road' date=' Gilman Street, Walton Breck Road, Sleepers Hill and Saker Street.[/b']

If you look on Google maps you'll see that the streets/roads 'within the boundary' do not really have anything to do with with any potential redeveloped Anfield. As I said, I find it odd that there was no mention of the street (Lothair) directly behind the main stand. I'd be interested to see what houses have been earmarked for demolition.

I agree Mick, but what about thos last houses in Back Rockfield Road? The road almost end in the walls at Anfield and those last 4-5 houses in that road certainly needs refurbishment, all doors and windows boarded up at the moment.

have not seen the interview but in terms of stadium devlopment where failling behind on the pitch. and the way this stadium issue is going where failling, behind of it the owners have been there long enough now. and should have a good idea in relation, to the stadium situation.for what, they want unless there going to keep holding out for a big naming, rights partner but that just sounds like PR to keep the fans happy.

have not seen the interview but in terms of stadium devlopment where failling behind on the pitch. and the way this stadium issue is going where failling, behind of it the owners have been there long enough now. and should have a good idea in relation, to the stadium situation.for what, they want unless there going to keep holding out for a big naming, rights partner but that just sounds like PR to keep the fans happy.

Naming rights are about TV exposure. They relate to how often, and in how many places, the “Standard Chartered/Boeing” Stadium is mentioned, and written about.

Being out of Europe has been a massive handicap, a return to the EL is a help, being Qtr final challengers in the CL and League Title challengers is what is required to lever the big money.

There is every prospect that this will become a self fullfilling prophecy. A lack of league/CL success will weaken any naming rights deal, and FSG show no sign of wanting to put their own money into a stadium. Modest performances on the pitch will mean that a 45k Anfield is fine - problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ShoePiss

Alan Kayll - New England Sports Network - NESN.com

Shocked.