You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Willoughby looks like she'd been brainwashed, ordinary people don't have expressions like that, only people who've been sent for political reeducation and returned to their loving husbands, themselves a high ranking central party member. She no longer listens to decadent western music, gets drunk at official functions and embarrasses herself, and can recite the words to the national anthem backwards. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah it's a load of bollocks. My old company made a meal of it, had mental health first aiders etc, yet when I was off work with stress once the boss tried to get rid of me. 

Basically business will monetise anything. They'll destroy the mental health of workers with their working conditions but then try to score positive PR out of making it look like they're part of the solution. Same for their "green credentials" (we had four bins for different things in every kitchen, but was reliably informed they all went in the same skip).

Bollocks incorporated.

I had a year off on the sick about 15 years or so ago as I was rapidly approaching the point where taking a jump off the side of the tyne bridge seemed a very suitable proposition.

I've never in my life been as badly treated by an employer as I was before that time (which was a contributory factor), during my time off and then actually going back. Lasted about 6 months after I went back before I handed my notice in and I didn't even have a job to go to.

Definitely was one of the big pushes for me to get myself to working for myself. I was doing IT work across several schools in North Tyneside for the council, the main thing the aftermath when I returned taught me was that out of probably well over a hundred staff that I dealt with regularly there was actually only one person out of the entire lot of them who gave a flying fuck about me.

The only concern any of the rest of them had over me being ill was the fact it had been an inconvenience for them.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Chairman Meow said:

I had a year off on the sick about 15 years or so ago as I was rapidly approaching the point where taking a jump off the side of the tyne bridge seemed a very suitable proposition.

I've never in my life been as badly treated by an employer as I was before that time (which was a contributory factor), during my time off and then actually going back. Lasted about 6 months after I went back before I handed my notice in and I didn't even have a job to go to.

Definitely was one of the big pushes for me to get myself to working for myself. I was doing IT work across several schools in North Tyneside for the council, the main thing the aftermath when I returned taught me was that out of probably well over a hundred staff that I dealt with regularly there was actually only one person out of the entire lot of them who gave a flying fuck about me.

The only concern any of the rest of them had over me being ill was the fact it had been an inconvenience for them.

I always find people who've never been through a genuine mental health problem just don't understand it until it happens to them. 

I had two months off and there was some banter behind my back at the time from one woman, nothing especially cruel just along the lines of whether I should get a good grade in my one to one 'if I'd hardly been in'. A couple of years later and she herself was off for six months with stress. 

If only life was as easy as 'pulling yourself together'. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I always find people who've never been through a genuine mental health problem just don't understand it until it happens to them. 

I had two months off and there was some banter behind my back at the time from one woman, nothing especially cruel just along the lines of whether I should get a good grade in my one to one 'if I'd hardly been in'. A couple of years later and she herself was off for six months with stress. 

If only life was as easy as 'pulling yourself together'. 

I'm not afraid to admit that I used to subscribe to the "get a grip, man up" club before I had any idea how awful it is to struggle. I'm all for the awareness its getting lately because hopefully more and more people who haven't been at their lowest ebb mentally will understand that its not simply a switch you can turn on and off. This world is a fucking slaughterhouse. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm not afraid to admit that I used to subscribe to the "get a grip, man up" club before I had any idea how awful it is to struggle. I'm all for the awareness its getting lately because hopefully more and more people who haven't been at their lowest ebb mentally will understand that its not simply a switch you can turn on and off. This world is a fucking slaughterhouse. 

Even as someone who has had issues for years I was still in the get a grip man up club but doing it to myself and then getting annoyed at myself for the fact I couldn't pull myself together. 

The last two years are without a doubt the worst I've ever suffered with it (nothing to do with the Covid situation) and I reckon quite possibly the biggest reason for the last two years is the proceeding 15 or 16 or doing that to myself and finally hitting a point of not being able to do it anymore. 

• Upvote 1

I guess the encouragement of people being open about their problems will also flush out the professional victims. Bit like food banks, to help those that are deserving, you have to put up with the fakes. 

A mate of a mate competed at Archery at the Invictus Games a few years ago. He was part time TA. Anyway at some ceremony or other he was asked by a US General, "good for you son, tell me what you have been through" this lad without a bit of embarrassment replied "mild asthma".

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Even as someone who has had issues for years I was still in the get a grip man up club but doing it to myself and then getting annoyed at myself for the fact I couldn't pull myself together. 

The last two years are without a doubt the worst I've ever suffered with it (nothing to do with the Covid situation) and I reckon quite possibly the biggest reason for the last two years is the proceeding 15 or 16 or doing that to myself and finally hitting a point of not being able to do it anymore. 

Sorry to hear that mate. Better days will come, you know that deep down somewhere. 

On 15/01/2021 at 09:04, Section_31 said:

Dentists, have always been a bunch of ball washing bastards.

When we first moved round here we both joined a new dentist. During my checkup the slippery Liverpool college fuck tells me:

"You need a root canal, I could do it but you'd be better off getting my boss to do it, he's private but you'd have better outcomes."

"Nah you do it."

"Actually looking at it again I think you might be okay, just keep an eye on it."

Needless to say I fucked them off. I didn't quite say "kid, you think I started this life 10 minutes ago?", but the intention was there.

Mrs stayed against my advice. Not long after they replaced their entire dental staff, which I thought was a bit fucking weird.

Mrs goes the other night and he says to her she needs a filling (she hasn't had one since she was 10) and offers her some teeth whitening treatment. She's got perfect teeth, people are always commenting on them in work and whatnot.

She was devastated, whereas I found it a complete coincidence that they've been closed for non essential appointments for months and are possibly trying to claw back some scratch.

I've only met two in my life who weren't utter, money-grubbing cunts, including my current one who's a Polish woman (fuck you Brexit) and my old one who was like a big gay toddler who used to go clay pigeon shooting at the weekend. If he could save a tooth rather than pull it out he would, even though I was NHS, a lot of his colleagues wouldn't.

My mum's old dentist got struck off years ago. He was tapping people's teeth to make them decay apparently so he could work on them later. 

They're like plumbers for people, by the time you call them you're absolutely desperate and they treat you and charge you accordingly.

Quelle surprise.

I encouraged the Mrs to go to my dentist for a checkup and a second opinion and she doesn't need fillings.

What a shithead, drilling someone's teeth when they don't need it should be classed as GBH, they really are the bottom feeders of the quasi-medical world.

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Quelle surprise.

I encouraged the Mrs to go to my dentist for a checkup and a second opinion and she doesn't need fillings.

What a shithead, drilling someone's teeth when they don't need it should be classed as GBH, they really are the bottom feeders of the quasi-medical world.

It's the same with some car mechanics. I took my old car to get MOT'd at some place in Knowsley village. The guy rung me up saying I needed a new alternator for it and it would cost £500 because it was from the BMW dealership in town but would need to come from Germany. I asked him how old the alternator was as I'd only had the car a few months (I hadn't). 

He said it was 5 years old. I then said I had bought it 3 weeks before for £275 from a BMW parts dealer on Great Howard street. Also a lot of the parts are ordered from Lithuania as there is a factory there. 

The prick goes back and said it was a mistake because he had two BMW cars in at the same time. But my car had failed the MOT anyway and needed £70 worth of work on it. Twat.

I've been quite lucky with other garages who haven't tried to rip me off.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's the same with some car mechanics. I took my old car to get MOT'd at some place in Knowsley village. The guy rung me up saying I needed a new alternator for it and it would cost £500 because it was from the BMW dealership in town but would need to come from Germany. I asked him how old the alternator was as I'd only had the car a few months (I hadn't). 

He said it was 5 years old. I then said I had bought it 3 weeks before for £275 from a BMW parts dealer on Great Howard street. Also a lot of the parts are ordered from Lithuania as there is a factory there. 

The prick goes back and said it was a mistake because he had two BMW cars in at the same time. But my car had failed the MOT anyway and needed £70 worth of work on it. Twat.

I've been quite lucky with other garages who haven't tried to rip me off.

Yeah tradesmen too. Had a leaky roof once and the bloke said we needed a whole new roof and I actually started laughing at him. He actually did the whole 'worried chin rub' and everything.

If you're going to be a conman at least have the decency to put some effort in.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah tradesmen too. Had a leaky roof once and the bloke said we needed a whole new roof and I actually started laughing at him. He actually did the whole 'worried chin rub' and everything.

If you're going to be a conman at least have the decency to put some effort in.

My parents always used to get done over by mechanics because they were too tight to buy a half decent car. They ended up paying loads for MOTs and repairs that it ended up costing more in the long run. 

Some fella came round to the house about 2 years after insisting on giving us a quote for our gutters and fascias. Think he started off around 5 grand and after half an hour he was under half that. In the end he stopped being all nice and friendly and just fucked off. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Quelle surprise.

When we were kids we had one in Litherland Gargan his name and a woman one called Bedlow, I wont forget their names the pair of cunts. 

Most of my age have bad memories of these two, they made extractions when there was no need to. 

Many years later when I asked a dentist about this he said that was probably the case and it was common practice in those days, I had 4 back teeth removed at about 12/14 years old, others did to, they must of been loaded going by the car he had. 

I once asked me Mum about it and why she never questioned it but I don't think she knew and it was all probably taken for granted that the dentist knew best I suppose. 

Fuckin' bastards, greedy fuckin' bastards. 

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

When we were kids we had one in Litherland Gargan his name and a woman one called Bedlow, I wont forget their names the pair of cunts. 

Most of my age have bad memories of these two, they made extractions when there was no need to. 

Many years later when I asked a dentist about this he said that was probably the case and it was common practice in those days, I had 4 back teeth removed at about 12/14 years old, others did to, they must of been loaded going by the car he had. 

I once asked me Mum about it and why she never questioned it but I don't think she knew and it was all probably taken for granted that the dentist knew best I suppose. 

Fuckin' bastards, greedy fuckin' bastards. 

I used to go to one on Crosby road north, Coates I think his name was, me and my two brothers had about 15 back teeth removed between us. Every time anyone would go there they would always need extractions or root canal work. 

My current dentist lives in Crosby and knows him, said he has a villa in Portugal and all his kids went through Uni and are also dentists.

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I used to go to one on Crosby road north, Coates I think his name was, me and my two brothers had about 15 back teeth removed between us. Every time anyone would go there they would always need extractions or root canal work. 

My current dentist lives in Crosby and knows him, said he has a villa in Portugal and all his kids went through Uni and are also dentists.

Fucksake, they're more or less criminals. I suppose the back teeth are the ones they had to take out as obviously they would go unnoticed. 

I said he drove a boss car, it was actually Rolls Royce but I thought that sounded a bit over the top, light blue it was, I can also remember as I was getting the gas, him saying "all those lovely diamonds" weird how I remember that. I'm still livid to this day. 

There was another butcher dentist around the corner by Litherland Park and Hatton Hill Rd called Mendicks but we sometimes stole his petty cash. 

Also another called Baker by the Rotunda on Scotty who was well known, why I know about him I don't know. 

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah it's a load of bollocks. My old company made a meal of it, had mental health first aiders etc, yet when I was off work with stress once the boss tried to get rid of me. 

Basically business will monetise anything. They'll destroy the mental health of workers with their working conditions but then try to score positive PR out of making it look like they're part of the solution. Same for their "green credentials" (we had four bins for different things in every kitchen, but was reliably informed they all went in the same skip).

Bollocks incorporated.

10 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Nail on head.

"We truly care about our employees. Oh what's that, you have food poisoning and are off for over a week despite not missing more than a day a year for 5 years? Here's a written warning to read while you're shitting blood still."

Mental health stuff is even worse. Preach preach preach, then when someone is obviously struggling a bit, they'll throw a load of grief and criticism their way or try and boot them.

100%. They'll have "mental health awareness" weeks, with posters all over the show, and meetings where everyone can "share", but when it comes down to it they don't give a tiny tin shit whether you live or die. Its all about ticking boxes.

If the looney left contingent on here allowed us to use the term "virtue signalling", that's what it would be.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Willoughby looks like she'd been brainwashed, ordinary people don't have expressions like that, only people who've been sent for political reeducation and returned to their loving husbands, themselves a high ranking central party member. She no longer listens to decadent western music, gets drunk at official functions and embarrasses herself, and can recite the words to the national anthem backwards. 

I read that in the voice of Frank Doberman (from Harry Enfield) and it instantly became more sinister.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Better days will come, you know that deep down somewhere. 

I'm slowly getting there and actually have some help these days rather than just battling through on my own.

At least kind of accepted it's not something I'm probably ever likely to be 100% free of, but hopefully starting to get better at dealing with it a bit. Currently have more good days than bad days, which is definitely a step in the right direction. 

Pre lock down, I was very much in waayyyy more bad days than good, it was at best that I would have maybe an hour or so at the most 3 or 4 times a week where I was back to "normal" me and actually had some optimism or drive. At least at the moment I can have half a day or a full day where I'm like that.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sir roger said:

Baker the Butcher they called him , the lads from the docks used to run up there in their lunch break. He never used any gas or needles and was allegedly pissed most of the time.

I wondered how he was widely known by people not of that area, obviously bad news travels fast.