You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Can't believe the amount of niceness to Torres and hostility to Gerrard on this thread.

Torres?

Playing crap for the last 3 months at LFC? - no the last season and a half more like and the worst part was the seeming lack of effort and the lack of any acknowledgement that his crapness was a major factor in us being as poor and low in the league as were. He sort of said 'If you lot don't improve I'll take my talent elsewhere!!' when his attitude and form was a lot of the problem. rafa relied on him (too much imo) as we had no viable alternative and so he had to be played no matter how bad he was playing. Then we go onto the circumstances of when he actually left and who he left us for - 2 days before the end of the window for one of our biggest rivals, a team whose whole ethos is totally different to ours - well FT if thats the kind of club you want to play at then just go - we don't want you. I remember defending him as the story broke when Sky were saying that he wanted to go as i foolishly had believed what he had said to us about LFC being his British club and not playing for any other one. So don't expect any respect when you play at Anfield in the blue of Chelsea - in fact expect fierce hostility cos that is what you deserve having stuck 2 fingers up at the most loyal fans in football who had idolised you in a way that they have done for few others. I do agree tho you moving is not mainly to do with money, it is to do with him having an inflated idea of how important you are to teams and thinking of 'number one' not the club. How often do you hear the king talking about the importance of the club above any indiviidual - such a way of thinking is alien to FT. I am glad he is gone and would never want him back in a million years - there must be countless strikers around for us to sign who are younger, better and have a better attitude - even if he was playing well I would not want him but the fact he is playing so bad is just well ...funny tbh!!

How anyone can say Gerrard behaved in any way like FT baffles me - like has been said he has had poor games and did consider leaving - that is a fact but in the end he stayed loyal and has always done his best on the field for the only club he truly loves imo.

I can't believe the decline of the player tbh. Even at the World Cup he soon lost his place in the summer of 2010. He looked miles away from the player we knew he was and he never did get it back. He started off the 2010-11 season for us looking half the player that he was before and up to this very moment he still does.

I think he's had it and it serves him right but it's baffling. He isn't 28 yet and he just doesn't have it anymore. Robbie Fowler when he came back to us in 2006 was 30 and past his peak but still found the net a few times.

Torres just looks like he isn't loving the game any longer. Remember that goal away in Marseille and look at him now. Has a player ever been so great and then totally lost it like Torres has?

.....Fuck Fernando Torres. If I had my way, he'd be expunged from the history of this great football club. The real sad thing is though that he had it in him to become a legend. Now he'll only ever be remembered as a rat....

Aye, and at Chelsea they'll remember him worse if at all. He really did make a bad decision.

I was looking for stats for them season to argue the point but I came across this profile onESPN Soccer net

Gerrard weaknesses

Weaknesses: Has a tendency to play 'Hollywood football', isn't the most disciplined and struggles in the tackle sometimes.

Struggles on the tackle what cunt wrote that.

It's true though, most of his absenses have been because on groin injuries.

Think the people on here are slowly working through the whole fucking team. When Carra and Gerrard are getting stick for fuck all its a sad sad day for this club and its fans. Have a fuckin word with yourselves bellends. No way you really support this club.

These people giving Carra and Stevie stick have woefully short memories. In possibly the most memorable night in european history who were the driving forces behind that comeback? Stevie scoring the first......lighting the fire for the rest of his team mates, geeing us all up, giving us a chink of light. Yeah Stevie looked totally uninterested when he was driving into the box to win the penalty that would draw us level didn't he? Memories of Jamie lying on the ground holding his groin because he'd made countless last-ditch clearances to keep Milan at bay. Wankers the lot of them.....everyone is entitled to an opinion... no, actually if it's so completley unobjective, and totally wrong, maybe they're not.

How did this turn into a Gerrard bashing thread?

Get a grip people...

You sound surprised. Some "Fans" will only truly appreciate him when he's no longer playing for us, but even then there will be plenty queuing up to have a pop... I really don’t get it.

Think the people on here are slowly working through the whole fucking team. When Carra and Gerrard are getting stick for fuck all its a sad sad day for this club and its fans. Have a fuckin word with yourselves bellends. No way you really support this club.

Unrighteous you epitomise everything that is wrong with the modern games consumers. I use consumer because it is patently obvious you are nor fan -

Fanatical - adjective

motivated or characterized by an extreme, uncritical enthusiasm or zeal.

nor a supporter - Noun

an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

This is what confuses me about probably 60% of the people on this forum. Why are they here? they blatantly dont support the club, have no concept of what the name of this site even means. Yet day in day out they come on here spouting the same bullshit and nonesense, just waiting to feel the power coursing through them as they press that neg button. Its like being one of those french truffle hunters, digging around in shit for hours before you finaly find a tiny nugget of sanity.

And Unrighteous, I feel sorry for you, seriously I do. I mean I have seen your kind a hundred times. Probably got viciously bullied at school for being ginger or "different" as your mum probably put it, probably never had a girlfriend because of your chronic achne, still live at home with your mum and only friends are on xbox and on here who you made fraudulently by creating an online persona modelled on the man you wish you were every night as you cry into your puss filled, blood stained pillow. But thats o.k, im sure most people on this site would do exactly the same if they were dealt the same shitty hand as you. I for one think you are a brave brave man for not ending your pittiful existance yet.

Unrighteous you epitomise everything that is wrong with the modern games consumers. I use consumer because it is patently obvious you are nor fan -

Fanatical - adjective

nor a supporter - Noun

This is what confuses me about probably 60% of the people on this forum. Why are they here? they blatantly dont support the club, have no concept of what the name of this site even means. Yet day in day out they come on here spouting the same bullshit and nonesense, just waiting to feel the power coursing through them as they press that neg button. Its like being one of those french truffle hunters, digging around in shit for hours before you finaly find a tiny nugget of sanity.

And Unrighteous, I feel sorry for you, seriously I do. I mean I have seen your kind a hundred times. Probably got viciously bullied at school for being ginger or "different" as your mum probably put it, probably never had a girlfriend because of your chronic achne, still live at home with your mum and only friends are on xbox and on here who you made fraudulently by creating an online persona modelled on the man you wish you were every night as you cry into your puss filled, blood stained pillow. But thats o.k, im sure most people on this site would do exactly the same if they were dealt the same shitty hand as you. I for one think you are a brave brave man for not ending your pittiful existance yet.

I must have missed something.. going to go back through the thread and read what happened.....

You are heroically stupid

No he wasn't, Rafa was the main reason we won, but keep on believing that it was Gerrard that signed two vital parts of our CL winning team in Alonso and Garcia, coached our defence into being awesome as an unit and made the change to bring Hamann on at half time and many other things that happened. *The manager is always the main reason teams win things.*

I agree with that.

But the buck stops at the manager when we don't win things.

Fanatical - adjective

nor a supporter - Noun

2czxczl.gif

They sure are, there is even a Face Book page "Jordan Henderson is shit..." Complete and utter bellends.

The Official Chelsea Twitter account just tweeted: "You should have stayed at a big club" sing the Liverpool fans. Fernando probably fancied some Champions League football though.."

They have now deleted the tweet.

It is small time, but so was our official page that had the fake Shankly quote when fans boo'd.