You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Mascherano said a lot of good things AFTER he left to appease the fans. Mascherano is just like Tevez. Both run by a gangster. Cant blame him for wanting to play for Barcelona but dont give the family excuse bollocks. That doesnt wash with me.

I think that the Torres issue is quite funny in the fact that he is playing like a donkey. You can just see it in his face that he doesnt want to be there. Him and Suarez would of made a brilliant partnership but we move on and get behind his replacement. His replacement is only 22 years of age, had 4 months of injury and is being slated from all angles. I think we should give Andy Carroll a bit of time before people point the finger.

Reina didnt write a book saying about how much he loved the city, fans and club. And i am 100% sure that if Reina had of left he would have done it in the most classy and dignified manner possible, and yes it still would have stung but thats football.

Torres is a cunt, not a bigger cunt than Owen but still a massive, massive cunt.

It is well known that Mascheranos family was unsettled for a long time, nothing you could do about that (see Tevez), to be honest i think we were lucky to hold onto him for as long as we did. And again when he left he went about it in the right way.

can you see it yet? or should i get a Steve Kean style plane to fly past your campsite?

Maybe if he said AFTER he left the club he was dignified.... Would that make more sense.

Well, slightly, yes. But it wouldn't bother me one jot what he said afterwards, the fucker refused to play for us whilst we were paying him.

You know what he is trying to say.

No I don't. I read what he said, what he exactly said, and commented on it. That's hardly being pedantic if that's what you are getting at. Or should we all read other peoples posts, not take them at face value, try to infer some other meaning from them and then comment on that? It would become very confusing, don't you think?

Wasn't Mascherano made promises that he could leave the following summer as the summer before we had sold Alonso so he was blocked from leaving. I agree with you, whatever the circumstances he should NEVER have refused to play, but there was a lot of shit going on at the club at that time with Purslow playing manager...

He looks like a lost little boy.

Yes he looks lost, short of confidence, unloved and he knows it is all his own fault.

He is not at a club where he is totally idolised like he was at Atletico or Liverpool. He really misses having someone like Gerrard feeding him with the quality service that he used to get. He misses the crowd at Anfield showing him the love, that now Suarez gets.

This season in flashes we have seen he hasn't lost his pace, he still has the skill and is not finished - ability-wise.

But he has lost his mojo and he knows he has made an awful mistake leaving us and one he might not ever recover from.

Hero to zero springs to mind. The only way I can see him returning to the old player is if he came back to us. But I'm not sure whether Kenny or our fans want want him after all that has happened.

Dear oh dear... You silly, silly boy Fernando.. What have you done?

Us a favour?

We got £50m for a player who had lost his way for some time. Maybe for whatever reason, he is past his best, we certainly did not sell him when he was at his best, we did sell him for a killer price.

I’ve been saying for a while that he won’t regret leaving us, just maybe regret his poor form or the choice of club he made. But I actually think he now may be looking at us and looking at Andy Carroll and thinking if that was him playing off Suarez then he’d be back in the goals. We have all the feel of a club on the up. We actually are probably in and around the same level as Chelsea now, but the difference is it feels like Chelsea are a club on the wane while we are passing them by going in the opposite direction.

He won’t have given up entirely because Chelsea still have some excellent players and the ability to bring in some more top talent in January, but he must wonder will he be a part of that. Does he want to win a medal with Chelsea the same way Michael Owen has won them with Man Utd? I doubt it. I think given the choice he’d be back up the M6 in a heartbeat. And in truth, the good of the club far outweighs any personal issues I have with players, so I’d take him back for whatever money we could move Carroll on for.

I just hope we are not in for our 10th false-dawn in a row. If the owners right down to the youth team coaches are all pulling in the same direction then we’ve got a real chance now. We do need a proper striker in January though.