You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

I read something, on my local danish forum, about him regretting his transfer request? But that Kenny felt he had betrayed the club so he should fuck off?

Its probably just a shit rumor from RAWK

I think if he wanted to stay Kenny would have made him tell the fans that and allowed him to.

Could't possibly hate the fella, when he was here i fucking loved him so much, he made a huge mistake and he knows it, we've moved on and when he inevitably leaves Chelsea (soon enough i imagine) i wish him all the best. People are far too quick to forget the brillant stuff he did on and off the pitch for the club.

He seemed to forget the "brilliant stuff" when he put in his request to leave but then not only did he leave but he put the boot in. Remember his first interview when he said he is now at a club that is the top level, the same as he is. Another way of saying Liverpool are below his talent.

If he signed for Real Madrid, Barcelona or Inter Milan ok but he said all that and went to Chelsea!

I loved him too but I don't wish him all the best. We got 50 million quid for him which was brilliant business but it wasn't Torres who set the price. He didn't do anything for us in the end, only for himself.

Now he's reaping what he sowed. He's behind Daniel Sturridge in Chelsea's pecking order now and I bloody love it!

I fell out of love with him long before he went to that shower.

There were games I watched him play in and he was an absolute disgrace. People on here put it down to the tactics of the big bad wolf that is Roy Hodgson, but I argued that it was clearly down to the lad himself. When you're in a sticky patch, you work even harder. You chase down lost causes, you press harder, you fight for every scrap in the hope that you get that break that kickstarts a run of form.

Don't get me wrong, Hodgson was obviously an absolute abomination of a manager, but when you go to a derby game at Goodison and you see your star striker not even showing for the ball and refusing to chase down balls played into the channels, then it's pretty clear that the blame lies squarely with him.

I remember his first season. I fucking loved him, but the best part was seeing reds like my Grandad- and people of his age- who have watched Liverpool play in the Second Division and been there and worn the tee shirt when it comes to players get excited by the boy. You knew then that you were witnessing something special. He was something special that season and I remember getting giddy when he took all kinds of shit from Andre Bikey and Michael Duberry in a League Cup game against Reading and reply in the right way by bagging a hat-trick.

The petulance, I recall, started to creep in at the start of 08/09. I remember being at the Goodison derby that season and he spat his dummy out a few times because things weren't going his way. Suddenly, in the space of about five minutes, he bagged two goals out of nothing. That pretty much summed him up from then; petulant as fuck, but, Christ, he could play. You can forgive a player for petty things like that when he's producing the goods though.

The petulance and sulkiness seem to have become his defining characteristiccs though. To me, injuries seem to have played a part in robbing him of that great bit of acceleration he possessed, were he could just go by a player with a change of gear so effortlessly. There has been the odd shade of quality from him as a player in a Chelsea shirt, but the moaning hissy fits also seem to be more prevalent; as though more frustrated with himself than anybody else. He seems to have forgotten though that it was his ability to put a shift in that was the foundation of his ability. God, the way he used to chase down defenders was reminiscent of Ian Rush.

I do not miss him one little bit though. When you see a player as gifted as Luis Suarez work his bollocks off for the cause, how can you miss somebody of his ilk? Chasing lost causes is not beneath him. You get the impression

that playing the game professionally is enough for him. When you see him play a game against Exeter in the League Cup with the same relish as you would against the Mancs, then you know you have somebody special there.

Fuck Fernando Torres. If I had my way, he'd be expunged from the history of this great football club. The real sad thing is though that he had it in him to become a legend. Now he'll only ever be remembered as a rat.

There were games I watched him play in and he was an absolute disgrace. People on here put it down to the tactics of the big bad wolf that is Roy Hodgson, but I argued that it was clearly down to the lad himself. When you're in a sticky patch, you work even harder. You chase down lost causes, you press harder, you fight for every scrap in the hope that you get that break that kickstarts a run of form.

Don't get me wrong, Hodgson was obviously an absolute abomination of a manager, but when you go to a derby game at Goodison and you see your star striker not even showing for the ball and refusing to chase down balls played into the channels, then it's pretty clear that the blame lies squarely with him.

I remember his first season. I fucking loved him, but the best part was seeing reds like my Grandad- and people of his age- who have watched Liverpool play in the Second Division and been there and worn the tee shirt when it comes to players get excited by the boy. You knew then that you were witnessing something special. He was something special that season and I remember getting giddy when he took all kinds of shit from Andre Bikey and Michael Duberry in a League Cup game against Reading and reply in the right way by bagging a hat-trick.

The petulance, I recall, started to creep in at the start of 08/09. I remember being at the Goodison derby that season and he spat his dummy out a few times because things weren't going his way. Suddenly, in the space of about five minutes, he bagged two goals out of nothing. That pretty much summed him up from then; petulant as fuck, but, Christ, he could play. You can forgive a player for petty things like that when he's producing the goods though.

The petulance and sulkiness seem to have become his defining characteristiccs though. To me, injuries seem to have played a part in robbing him of that great bit of acceleration he possessed, were he could just go by a player with a change of gear so effortlessly. There has been the odd shade of quality from him as a player in a Chelsea shirt, but the moaning hissy fits also seem to be more prevalent; as though more frustrated with himself than anybody else. He seems to have forgotten though that it was his ability to put a shift in that was the foundation of his ability. God, the way he used to chase down defenders was reminiscent of Ian Rush.

I do not miss him one little bit though. When you see a player as gifted as Luis Suarez work his bollocks off for the cause, how can you miss somebody of his ilk? Chasing lost causes is not beneath him. You get the impression

that playing the game professionally is enough for him. When you see him play a game against Exeter in the League Cup with the same relish as you would against the Mancs, then you know you have somebody special there.

Fuck Fernando Torres. If I had my way, he'd be expunged from the history of this great football club. The real sad thing is though that he had it in him to become a legend. Now he'll only ever be remembered as a rat.

That is a top post.

Apart from the bit about falling out of love with him long before he left. Even after he had handed the request in, I was still hoping he would retract it, even though I knew he had gone too far.

I read something, on my local danish forum, about him regretting his transfer request? But that Kenny felt he had betrayed the club so he should fuck off?

Its probably just a shit rumor from RAWK

Was told frmo someone who works at the club and knew fernando that he didnt want to leave the transrer request was a mistake and was mainly agent driven

I went to the fa cup replay at goodison when gosling scored in the last mintue of extra time in 09'. Torres started and I remember walking out of goodison thinking that he just didnt give a fuck. In all my time wathcing football I couldnt think of a more lazy, couldnt give a shit performance in all my years watching a match. Glad to see the back of a huge waste of talent due to no fault but his own.

I agree with just about all of that and I've said myself I hope he rots for the rest of his career just so my position is clear.

And...

Yes he was petulant, yes he had given up towards the end of his time with us. But people were complaining about him not putting in a shift in when half the time, putting a shift in would have constituted chasing down balls hoofed 30 yards past him.

I hate the cunt, but I do genuinely understand why he got fucked off playing under that fucking clown of a manager we had. But fact is, near the end he was just phoning it in and that was unacceptable. No matter how bad the manager and style of football is when you're getting paid 100+ grand a week you simply cannot do that.

But I watched games were he literally could not have done anything differently and still people pointed the finger at him. I'm well aware there games were the opposite is true but I feel he was made a scapegoat by the minority of whom didn't want to accept Hodgson wasn't working.

I'm probably being too easy on the prick but I hate when people try to say Hodgson had fuck all to do with how things ended up with him. That simply isn't true.

But maybe I'm just letting my hatred for owlface cloud my judgement.

I agree with just about all of that and I've said myself I hope he rots for the rest of his career just so my position is clear.

And...

Yes he was petulant, yes he had given up towards the end of his time with us. But people were complaining about him not putting in a shift in when half the time, putting a shift in would have constituted chasing down balls hoofed 30 yards past him.

I hate the cunt, but I do genuinely understand why he got fucked off playing under that fucking clown of a manager we had. But fact is, near the end he was just phoning it in and that was unacceptable. No matter how bad the manager and style of football is when you're getting paid 100+ grand a week you simply cannot do that.

But I watched games were he literally could not have done anything differently and still people pointed the finger at him. I'm well aware there games were the opposite is true but I feel he was made a scapegoat by the minority of whom didn't want to accept Hodgson wasn't working.

I'm probably being too easy on the prick but I hate when people try to say Hodgson had fuck all to do with how things ended up with him. That simply isn't true.

But maybe I'm just letting my hatred for owlface cloud my judgement.

Some fair points there, mate. I like to think I was fair to Hodgson. I wasn't jumping through hoops when he was appointed, but he had my support because I think it's the least a Liverpool manager deserves. After the Blackpool debacle, that was it for me and I realised things weren't going to get any better under him.

Anyway, gone a bit off topic there with that one, but you are right in certain respects, but I got fucked off with the amount of games where he just wasn't arsed. I highlighted that particular Goodison derby because it was scandalous how easy a game Jagielka and Distin had that day. I watched MOTD that night and they showed Carra and Torres having a little set-to with each other because Carra won a challenge and cleared it out to the flanks under pressure, and Torres didn't even chase it. In an ideal world, our centre forwards would be feeding off perfectly weighted balls on a regular basis, but, for fuck's sake, in a derby game you have to put the donkey work in and show for every single ball, no matter if you think doing so is beneath you. He was a passenger that day for that simple reason and you can't afford them in a derby game.

Don't even get me started on the FA Cup game against the Mancs at Old Trafford. He was an embarrassment that day. David N'Gog actually put him to shame that day. I can understand not wanting to be at a club, but surely professional pride comes into it somewhere along the line? If I was in his position, I would be utterly ashamed to have "performances" like the ones he gave in the final few months of his Liverpool career to my name.

You do make some good points though, mate. I think it's one of those where neither of us is right, it just depends on how you see it individually.

Some fair points there, mate. I like to think I was fair to Hodgson. I wasn't jumping through hoops when he was appointed, but he had my support because I think it's the least a Liverpool manager deserves. After the Blackpool debacle, that was it for me and I realised things weren't going to get any better under him.

Anyway, gone a bit off topic there with that one, but you are right in certain respects, but I got fucked off with the amount of games where he just wasn't arsed. I highlighted that particular Goodison derby because it was scandalous how easy a game Jagielka and Distin had that day. I watched MOTD that night and they showed Carra and Torres having a little set-to with each other because Carra won a challenge and cleared it out to the flanks under pressure, and Torres didn't even chase it. In an ideal world, our centre forwards would be feeding off perfectly weighted balls on a regular basis, but, for fuck's sake, in a derby game you have to put the donkey work in and show for every single ball, no matter if you think doing so is beneath you. He was a passenger that day for that simple reason and you can't afford them in a derby game.

Don't even get me started on the FA Cup game against the Mancs at Old Trafford. He was an embarrassment that day. David N'Gog actually put him to shame that day. I can understand not wanting to be at a club, but surely professional pride comes into it somewhere along the line? If I was in his position, I would be utterly ashamed to have "performances" like the ones he gave in the final few months of his Liverpool career to my name.

You do make some good points though, mate. I think it's one of those where neither of us is right, it just depends on how you see it individually.

Yeah everyones point of view will be different and I'll admit to having my point of view skewed by having an irrational hatred of Hodgson.Well irrational by the time he was sacked.

That probably makes me pin it all on Hodgson too easily. You're more right in the debate than I am in the sense that it was clear as day he had given up and that is simply unacceptable. Especially when you are being paid in 1 week more than most make in 5/6 years.

Theres just no defending that.

Wouldn't have him back. We've seen that he can't be arsed when we're experiencing bad times, and we were, right before the King came in. He didn't want to stick around. I don't hate him, and he brought us some memorable goals. I just don't trust him, not even for 20 mil and a reduction in his wages. He wanted a 'big' club and everyting that goes with it. Via con dios.

The only credit I give him is that he waited until the two parasites were gone. What I find so interesting is that he appeared to want out of Liverpool so bad that he didn't think through the move to Chelsea properly. Fickle fans, aging squad, didn't really fit into the teams style, revolving door of managers. You would think if he wanted out of a club because of ambitions he would have gone to a different club.

Hated the way the fucker put in a transfer request with about two days of the window remaining (in collusion with those cunts at Chelsea) having already organised the move a few weeks before. He knew it would fuck us over and force our hand.

I was on the point of softening my psychotic hatred of the cunt, but thought fuck it, let the bastard slide futher down the pit of slippery doom into the eternal darkness of despair and suffering he deserves.

I'd have him back for 20 mill or less...

Him and Suarez up front would pull defenses apart and be a nightmare to play against....

He made a mistake and he knows it! It's eating him up inside, but I am willing to forgive... I don't like being bitter, maybe it's because I'm a red and not a blue....

He wouldn't play with Suarez upfront. He's lost unless he's playing upfront on his own. Every forward we had while he was here was sold off so he could play on his own upfront.

That said, he's past it, and was past it 18 months ago. All the injuries crippled him, and all the layoffs as a result demoralised him, to the extent that he was even playing shit for Spain and was dropped in the World Cup. He's gone from one of the most feared forwards in Europe to a benchwarmer for an oligarch. He doesn't seem to care whether he plays or not these days. His loss.

Torres wanted to leave the club for one reason and for one reason only - money.

People can say he was on a large wage here and Chelsea may not be paying him more (or even slightly less) but ignore the addons in his contract.

At the time we were under Hicks and Gillett and looking like we were never going to be challenging the top four for quite some time.

Chelsea were at the time more or less secured of finishing in the top four and challenging for the title.

Torres was under pressure from his various sponsors etc to be playing in the Champions League and for a team challenging for the honours.

He didn't regret the transfer request as he was looking out for his own personal gain but i would imagine if you were to ask the lad and get a truthful answer he would regret it now.

The only credit I give him is that he waited until the two parasites were gone. What I find so interesting is that he appeared to want out of Liverpool so bad that he didn't think through the move to Chelsea properly. Fickle fans, aging squad, didn't really fit into the teams style, revolving door of managers. You would think if he wanted out of a club because of ambitions he would have gone to a different club.

I think you are giving him much too far credit. He didnt wait for anything. If he wanted to leave why wait until the last minute to force a move?

Hated the way the fucker put in a transfer request with about two days of the window remaining (in collusion with those cunts at Chelsea) having already organised the move a few weeks before. He knew it would fuck us over and force our hand.

I was on the point of softening my psychotic hatred of the cunt, but thought fuck it, let the bastard slide futher down the pit of slippery doom into the eternal darkness of despair and suffering he deserves.

You honestly believe that the club knew nothing about his wishes before the last 2 days?

Of course they did, but in order for the blame not to be put on the club they demanded his transfer request in writing, but I am pretty sure they knew his position well in advance....

I hated him for some time, but right now I just feel sad that we will probably never see what him and Suarez could have accomplished together... (I am happy he's not doing well for Chelsea, and I never want to see him succeed in a blue shirt! He made a huge mistake, but somehow I feel he belongs with us and I'd forgive him if he came back. A 30+ millon profit from Abramovich wouldn't go amiss either)

Those fuckin yanks cost this club a few years; Think of the squad we could have had if they had actually lived up to their promises; Add Alonso, Mascherano and Torres to today's squad(minus the obvious surpluses to the requirements and we'd be taking City on all the way until May.....