You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Marmite Thread

Remmie

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Marmite?

Add Marmite to Baked potato and cheese. Takes it to a different level
I attempted this the other day and was underwhelmed considering my love of all 3 of the constituent ingredients. I will try again another day.

Before you criticise this, try it: Peanut butter and Marmite sandwiches. Game changing shit, that is.

• Upvote 1

I love Marmite (literally just finished some on toast actually) but that chocolate is shit. It's not even weird shit; it's just shit.

I was brought up on Bovril as a spread and love it with peanut butter in a butty and on cheese on toast (had some yesterday). Marmite works in all the same ways.

My favourite Bovril recipe which would deffo work brilliantly with Marmite is one my Nan did on telly - on telly! - in the 1950s. She was on something about making the most of meagre resources in the aftermath of rationing and did a few recipes. My favourite is cheese and Bovril straws. Basically you get some puff pastry, roll it out in a long rectangle, spread Bovril (or Marmite) all over it and then cover it liberally with grated cheese. Next you roll it up and slice it into lengths of whatever takes your fancy. You then put these onto a greased baking sheet and bake in a medium hot oven until puffed up and golden. Shit is real, yo.

• Upvote 1

I love Marmite (literally just finished some on toast actually) but that chocolate is shit. It's not even weird shit; it's just shit.

I was brought up on Bovril as a spread and love it with peanut butter in a butty and on cheese on toast (had some yesterday). Marmite works in all the same ways.

My favourite Bovril recipe which would deffo work brilliantly with Marmite is one my Nan did on telly - on telly! - in the 1950s. She was on something about making the most of meagre resources in the aftermath of rationing and did a few recipes. My favourite is cheese and Bovril straws. Basically you get some puff pastry, roll it out in a long rectangle, spread Bovril (or Marmite) all over it and then cover it liberally with grated cheese. Next you roll it up and slice it into lengths of whatever takes your fancy. You then put these onto a greased baking sheet and bake in a medium hot oven until puffed up and golden. Shit is real, yo.

They like those Welsh Rarebit pastry sumbitches you told me about for Christmas?

My old dear does a similar thing but she uses suet pastry and adds tomato puree, bacon and onions and then rolls it into one massive roll and bakes it. She slices it up when she's serving. It's some seriously tasty shit.

My old dear does a similar thing but she uses suet pastry and adds tomato puree, bacon and onions and then rolls it into one massive roll and bakes it. She slices it up when she's serving. It's some seriously tasty shit.

Crafty.

A mate's wife had cravings for pickled onions dipped in marmite when she was pregnant so I tried it with her.

Awesome.

Even craftier.

marmiteguinness1.jpg

What a time to be alive.

I loved that stuff, wish you could still get it. Best Marmite spin-off ever. Brings a tear to my japs eye.

I'm strcitly a regulation man. Marmite on Toast, with cheese (melted or not), or on hot toasty type things such as crumpets, muffins, rolls, bagels etc.

Whilst this won't help Remmie, the best ancillary use I've found is spread on the inside of pastry of sausage rolls. fucking awesome.

Oh and cheese and Marmite scrolls I had in Perth (WA).*

Vegemite & Cheese Scrolls recipe – All recipes Australia NZ

*Vegemite really, but you can change it to marmite