You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not quite sure what has gone through the head of the groundsman. It's not like they're raking in any sort of money from crowd revenue, so there's little motive to create a pitch that lasts all five days. May as well create a pitch that spits bouncers off a good length and lets spinners turn it ninety degrees after day one; make Test cricket entertaining as possible.

Strange.

In a country with the highest skyscrapers, the biggest steaks, the most exotic fish tanks, the most lavish this and that, just about every possible cheap (or should I say, expensive) thrill you could want, manufactured and tailor-made to order... that they choose to facilitate the world's most boring cricket.

I'm told they like cricket over there. Perhaps the Sheikh doesn't.

Or maybe it's their little way of taking the piss.

• Upvote 1

Not sure the toss makes the blindest bit of difference. This is a draw pitch.

I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see the side batting second and chasing well over 500 crumble under pressure. I'm actually impressed with England's mental strength, regardless of how flat the pitch is.

Strange.

It is when you look at the pitch created for the 2012 Test between England and Pakistan; a pitch that provided plenty for the spinners and some for the seamers.

I reckon all of us on this forum could bat out a session on this pitch, providing there was an IV attached to us at all times.

I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see the side batting second and chasing well over 500 crumble under pressure. I'm actually impressed with England's mental strength, regardless of how flat the pitch is.

You're easily impressed. I'd be disappointed if I got out on this pitch.

Hey don't look at me, I'm coming off a half-century first up for the season. Man in form!