You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gym Beglin

Is there anything more patronising that you've had to endure in your life?

The only peculiar thing I find are the videos featuring deaf or blind women, some of them are fit as fuck, but they all seem moody.

I've been given an online course to complete, along with everyone else at work. It's so that when a person in a wheelchair visits the place that i don't burst out laughing and get my cock out, because that's obviously been a danger for a while now. Also when a pen is on the counter and it's too high for them, I can watch the video and learn that i should NEVER assume the half-machine wants me to help them, because they hate that.

And apparently, if I'm talking to a blind person and I want to leave, then I have to tell them that I'm leaving, and not just leave them talking to thin air.

Are you fucking kidding?

I'm not even joking here, this is in front of me:

People with visual impairment - key guidelines

Guide Dogs

-A guide dog is a working dog, not a pet.

-Speak to the person, don't make a fuss of the dog.

-A guide dog can't read, so offer help reading information -for example, train timetables- if appropriate

It's handy to know that the dog can't read. I love it when I'm assumed to be a fucking brick by the disability council. Talk about cunty.

And apparently, if I'm talking to a blind person and I want to leave, then I have to tell them that I'm leaving, and not just leave them talking to thin air.

Are you fucking kidding?

Guide Dogs

-A guide dog can't read, so offer help reading information -for example, train timetables- if appropriate

It's handy to know that the dog can't read. I love it when I'm assumed to be a fucking brick by the disability council. Talk about cunty.

It's not just them.

What do you get out of this pursuit of yours Bruce?

Do you think that you're somehow harming me, or that the rep function is a barometer used in life? Do you think that my rep rating is somehow linked to my chip and pin, or my passport, or the blokes in the pub see it published in the back of a newspaper?

You, Sugar Ape, just stop wasting your time boys. Put me on ignore, it's cringey to read your shite, it's a back-handed compliment everytime you fucking do it. I love it Bruce.

What do you get out of this pursuit of yours Bruce?

Do you think that you're somehow harming me, or that the rep function is a barometer used in life? Do you think that my rep rating is somehow linked to my chip and pin, or my passport, or the blokes in the pub see it published in the back of a newspaper?

You, Sugar Ape, just stop wasting your time boys. Put me on ignore, it's cringey to read your shite, it's a back-handed compliment everytime you fucking do it. I love it Bruce.

Heh, so the majority of the forum thinking you are a massive mong is a backhanded compliment?

The only person who speaks to you on here is Brendan, and most of the time that is to call you a stupid, unfunny cunt.

1. What do you get out of this pursuit of yours Bruce?

Do you think that you're somehow harming me, or that the rep function is a barometer used in life? 2. Do you think that my rep rating is somehow linked to my chip and pin, or my passport, or the blokes in the pub see it published in the back of a newspaper?

You, Sugar Ape, just stop wasting your time boys. 3. Put me on ignore, it's cringey to read your shite, it's a back-handed compliment everytime you fucking do it. 4. I love it Bruce.

1. What the fuck are you waffling on about?

2. No, because that's fucking idiotic, are you a twelve year old girl?

3. Nah, I enjoy reading the forums unhindered.

4. That's what ya ma said.

5. It was a joke, grow a set you pillock!

Funneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I have a very high threshold when it comes to the internet and forums. People don't get to me as much as they do others and I respect people's rights to post whatever's on their mind. But lately I've found your posts a bit, how do you say, annoying and boring.

Take a step back, read your own posts and hopefully you'll see what people are getting at. If you don't see it, then look forward to plenty more of the same regarding your posting 'style'.

Are you fucking kidding?

Guide Dogs

Because disabled people absolutely never have to face weird looks/comments/misunderstandings/downright prejudice on a daily basis in this country do they? Everyone is brilliantly clued up and empathetic about what life is like for people with a disability. The hilarious dwarf threads on this forum of course are ace; it's only humour - just like all those great gags about race Jim Davidson used to tell before he was unfairly removed from the airways for being a racist cunt.

While of course you may well be the living embodiment of tolerance, empathy and understanding towards disabled people, many more are utterly fucking clueless about how their stares, jokes, comments and "help" are insulting and even debilitating.

In short, there are infinitely worse things in this world to become exorcised about than a bit of heavy-handed education on an important issue.

Because disabled people absolutely never have to face weird looks/comments/misunderstandings/downright prejudice on a daily basis in this country do they? Everyone is brilliantly clued up and empathetic about what life is like for people with a disability. The hilarious dwarf threads on this forum of course are ace; it's only humour - just like all those great gags about race Jim Davidson used to tell before he was unfairly removed from the airways for being a racist cunt.

While of course you may well be the living embodiment of tolerance, empathy and understanding towards disabled people, many more are utterly fucking clueless about how their stares, jokes, comments and "help" are insulting and even debilitating.

In short, there are infinitely worse things in this world to become exorcised about than a bit of heavy-handed education on an important issue.

Yeah Funneeee, stop being a spastic.

You see, I think people see the name Funnneeeee and assume something, they assume that I think I'm funny.

I don't see the name 'Sugar Ape' and assume that you are a sugary simian, or want to be one.

Furmedge, I don't know what that is, but I'm not going to spend a second trying to figure it out either. It's an internet handle, it's just whatever shite was floating around in your head at the time you registered.

I actually get shit because of my username. My posting style? What are you on about? You mean 'me'? How or why would I change any facet of my posting style? Look, let's just assume you all had a rough day and you didn't mean any of it. I forgive you, and now we can all be friends, can't we? Yaaaaay!

*internet rainbow*

I'm with Funnneeeee on this, and not sure where all the hate comes from towards him.

Disabled people that whinge about how they are treated, are cunts. The only bigger cunts are those that like to preach to the rest of us how to treat them.

Don't pass cripples stuff, because they don't like it? What the fuck is that all about? I'll do what I like, and if they take offence because I do it, they can go fuck themselves.

That said, I would always tell a blind person I was leaving - usually as soon as they walk up/into me. Why would I talk to one? What would we talk about? "Did you hear the match at the weekend? Phwooar - listen to the tits on that".

I reckon most disabled types just want to get on and be taken as they are found. They don't give a fuck about any of this "how to treat them" shit. As usual it's the well meaning sandal wearing HR and council women (for it is always women in these roles) acting "on behalf" of a group of people that peddle this nonsense.

I'm staying out fo this bizarre thread but I did find this funny today;

"Heather Mills allegedly told her hairdresser during $5,000-a-time trims that her ex-husband Sir Paul McCartney would 'get drunk, force her into a wheelchair and frighten her by pushing her at excessive speeds',

Worra leg, that's what he said.

You don't mean that at all.

And if I did, don't go asking my guide dog anything. It's a WORKING DOG, you cunt, not a fucking dog to make a fuss of.

When you watch some of these videos, it's great when they make a case-point out of very unlikely scenario's, like I somehow have to be ready for anything. One chap was whistling his way down the stairs to meet a high-flying client he'd spoke to on the phone, but when he got down the stairs, lo and behold, there was a proper midget on a throne with wheels.

As far as I'm concerned, the deal's off.

However, therein begins a two hour session of tedium as you ask the 'wheelchair-user' what or how they wish to commence with this meeting. Can I assist you in getting up the stairs? I fucking doubt I can, your galvanised-metal structure is well above lifting weight, which is set at about 10kg before you have to ask a contractor to move something. You especially don't go lifting heavy stuff upstairs.

So we'll have the meeting downstairs. Except there is no downstairs, just a reception. So we'll have the meeting in reception, in the corridor. I'll grab a seat, you don't need one, or am I wrong to suppose you don't need one?

I think some of you seem like you need some basic E and D training, so I'm going to give you some.

'Diversity' is about recognising that everyone is different and valuing that difference

Overweight or ginger people are NOT protected by law from discrimination in the workplace.

Indirect discrimination occurs when a provision or practice does not appear to be discriminatory but in reality disadvantages people on grounds of their age, race, beliefs, etc. For example, placing a job advert for a role that requires '10 years' experience' would indirectly discriminate against people in their twenties who may well have the skills to do the job.

If a local museum says that all staff must wear a uniform that includes a short-sleeve t-shirt and baseball cap, then that is indirectly discriminating against Sikh men who cannot wear both a turban and a baseball cap.

But the Sikh religion does discriminate against people who don't wear a turban.

Fuck you, fuck all of you.

I'm not having a pop at you lad, I was offering a bit of friendly advice that has served many well around these parts. Simon is an example that springs to mind. Come to think of it, I cant work out his handle either!

But I'm glad you've offered the rainbow of friendship.

PS My handle is a nickname from when I was a kid. A play on my surname. Yours is a bit poo. I had a worse handle when I first started and asked Dave to change it.

Ta for that Furmedge.

My Funnneeeee was the sarcastic term I've heard on tv, when something isn't funny, and someone just goes "oh, funnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeee".

Yeah, thats wank. But I just couldn't be arsed with coming up with a good username, and still can't.

I thought of a lot of them since, but ultimately, who cares...

I really don't class myself as being 'funny', or want to be 'funny'. I certainly am a cunt, and love the freedom of being a cunt online, but more than anything I enjoy chatting football, and pointing out how shit Lucas is.