You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bearable Conservatives.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Surely everyone has the right not to be murdered or beaten up, those rights are covered by the law.

Of course gay people should be entitled to the same human rights as everyone else. I just think it gets a disproportionate amount of airtime & politicians who aren't seen to be champions of it at every turn (see SD's comments about Tony Benn) are unfairly castigated.

They don't have the same rights as everyone else though! Unless you've been turned away from a cake shop lately? It is an existing prejudice - that is why politicians are expected to champion it. If they don't they are condoning prejudice - it really is that simple.

They don't have the same rights as everyone else though! Unless you've been turned away from a cake shop lately? It is an existing prejudice - that is why politicians are expected to champion it. If they don't they are condoning prejudice - it really is that simple.

Congratulations on spectacularly missing my point.

Twice.

Well in a sample of 3 a third of schools were very anti-gay in the 80's. Good for you, I think a majority of kids indoctrinated for their formative years are likely to keep the faith.

I went to a Catholic school in the 80s and most of the Christian Brothers who taught us were bent as a 9 bob note

No anti-gay sentiment, there

You're making all this shit up, aren't you?

I went to a Catholic school in the 80s and most of the Christian Brothers who taught us were bent as a 9 bob note

No anti-gay sentiment, there

You're making all this shit up, aren't you?

No I'm not. Lucky that you 3 seem to have found progressive schools. Why would I make it up, the fucking pope still won't have it that gay sexual relationships aren't sinful 30 years later.

No I'm not. Lucky that you 3 seem to have found progressive schools. Why would I make it up, the fucking pope still won't have it that gay sexual relationships aren't sinful 30 years later.

No,I think we found typical schools which had the same amount of nonces as non religious schools. In my experience there seemed to be a greater number of female teachers in these schools than appeared to be the norm,which helps keep the nonce count down.

Missing what point exactly? 

You are stating that Gay rights should not get the publicity it does. Is that a fair reading of this post? I'm pointing out why you are wrong and there is nothing disproportionate to the amount of airtime it gets. Which is nothing to do with 'law' as you specifically said 'airtime'. 

Gay rights has to up there with immigration & the Royal Family for the disproportionate amount of airtime it gets in this country.

I couldn't tell you which one of the incestuous parasites he is to be honest.

Is he a bender?

Missing what point exactly? 

You are stating that Gay rights should not get the publicity it does. Is that a fair reading of this post? I'm pointing out why you are wrong and there is nothing disproportionate to the amount of airtime it gets. 

I think gay rights get a disproportionate amount of publicity in this country, I'm not 'wrong', it's my opinion.

You pointing out something about a gay person being refused a cake is only helping to make my point for me.

• Upvote 1

I think gay rights get a disproportionate amount of publicity in this country, I'm not 'wrong', it's my opinion.

You pointing out something about a gay person being refused a cake is only helping to make my point for me.

I'm leaving it here. I disagree, but that is fair enough. 

• Upvote 1

I think you'll find certain opinions are wrong, Mooky.  "Wrong" is the new tolerance.

I think gay rights get a disproportionate amount of publicity in this country, I'm not 'wrong', it's my opinion.

You pointing out something about a gay person being refused a cake is only helping to make my point for me.

It may feel like it to us straight fellas but I suppose its not the same for the gay lads and lasses who spend too much of their time visiting A and E due to somebody not liking how they look,dress,act,etc. I imagine this still goes on regularly so there is a need to publicise it?

I think gay rights get a disproportionate amount of publicity in this country, I'm not 'wrong', it's my opinion.

You pointing out something about a gay person being refused a cake is only helping to make my point for me.

Gay people getting refused a cake never made the news.

Bakers going to court in a test case for the Equality Act (with potential implications for every retailer and every customer in the country) made the news.

• Upvote 1

Gay people getting refused a cake never made the news.

Bakers going to court in a test case for the Equality Act (with potential implications for every retailer and every customer in the country) made the news.

In what country though, America? I was talking about in this country.

Anyway, I don't seem to be making my point very well as everyone seems to be missing it so I'll bow out in disgrace.

Aren't French fancies made specifically for the gays?

Oh,behave....and pass me a cream puff.

Just to digress(yet again) I would like to seriously twat those gays in that advert for the food were they piss themselves by saying 'Pork Balls.' To be fair though,it might be more the fact that its shown every twatting 5 minutes.