You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red or Black?

Spy Bee

How about fuck off instead?

Has there ever been a program more dumbed down, ever? I don't know if it's the massive amounts of over production or the contestants that are pissing me off more...

"I just feel like I've let everybody down!"

"This game really is just down to chance!"

"Winning a million pounds would really change my life!"

I hate the way they are trying to use logic to choose a colour in a game that is entirly about chance. It's retarded! It's annoying! I fucking hate it!

Was just remarking then how the general hysteria around the show doesn't actually match what's happening. Some bloke will be throwing bean bags at a stack of cans and the camera will show people in the crowd crying and having heart attacks while Ant and Dec throw a wobbler and spit at the camera lense "It's his last bean bag, his last bean bag!!!", it's like a cross between a day on the stalls at Southport but with the production values of The Running Man.

Ant and Dec must be on some kind of golden handcuffs deal with ITV and every year they try and find them something to do, but it's virtually always shit. One of the challneges on this the other night was having 50 blokes carrying briefcases, one of which had a winning number in, and they were walking around while Leona Lewis sang her latest single, but you had to keep your eye on the winning briefcase to see where it was when she stopped singing. Baffled by the shitness.

How about fuck off instead?

Has there ever been a program more dumbed down, ever? I don't know if it's the massive amounts of over production or the contestants that are pissing me off more...

"I just feel like I've let everybody down!"

"This game really is just down to chance!"

"Winning a million pounds would really change my life!"

I hate the way they are trying to use logic to choose a colour in a game that is entirly about chance. It's retarded! It's annoying! I fucking hate it!

Just the same typo as Deal or no Deal. Thats really annoying.

Can any of the mathematician bods on here work out the odds of actually winning?

Guessing 9 50/50s in a row correct would be really high but as there were only 100 contestants initially and one of them had to get to the final the number may be lower. As I am not a man who knows anything over the 12 x tables I would have no chance of working this out

Not watched it, everyone in work seems to love it which is enough reason to stay away. If the above description is true then it sounds like an over produced game for simpletons.

Ding ding dingly ding...

I caught a bit of this last night and could almost feel my brain dripping out of my ears whilst I watched. Fuck me, talk about room temperature IQs...

Saying this, it's all bollocks. I was at Auntie Meats place last night, and inbetween Emmerdale, the above and Coronation Street... Thank Bob for having stuff on my laptop to watch/read/play with.

My sister made me watch it on sunday night.

A bus of a woman was on the phone to her 'psychic' son asking him which colour she should pick. He got it right 3 times in a row though. Only the time she didn't ask him, she couldn't choose her colour cos all the red options had gone I think, and it was red.

She made a friend as well, in the first round she was stood next to some poor woman who couldn't get away, they both went for red and the bus was shouting across the crowd 'look look, we've both got red!' then next round, the unwilling one picks black instead and the bus shouts, again across a crowd of people, 'I miss you already!'

They have the usual sob stories on like BGT or X factor as well. A woman called Ethel, the only one who had her moment with the camera says 'It's either pay the bills, or buy food. A million could really help me out'. Hows about you stop pissing around with the lottery and go and get a second job!?

I haven't watched and I never will, because I'm not a halfwit.

However, I think I can safely say that it's one of the worst television programmes ever made.

I saw it previewed a few months ago and the 5 minute presentation was so incredibly awful I was unsure whether it was supposed to be a spoof or was actually real, and had to ask someone.

Can any of the mathematician bods on here work out the odds of actually winning?

Guessing 9 50/50s in a row correct would be really high but as there were only 100 contestants initially and one of them had to get to the final the number may be lower. As I am not a man who knows anything over the 12 x tables I would have no chance of working this out

The odds of winning 1x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 = One in 512

I think

I saw about ten seconds of it and can confidently assert that it is worse than noel's retard opening boxes at random and pretending that their will has anyfuckingthing to do with the outcome shite.

The more I think about it the more I firmly believe that cowell is the fucking Antichrist, while oddfod and his vertically challenged life partner are Phobos and Deimos.

Was just remarking then how the general hysteria around the show doesn't actually match what's happening. Some bloke will be throwing bean bags at a stack of cans and the camera will show people in the crowd crying and having heart attacks while Ant and Dec throw a wobbler and spit at the camera lense "It's his last bean bag, his last bean bag!!!", it's like a cross between a day on the stalls at Southport but with the production values of The Running Man.

Ant and Dec must be on some kind of golden handcuffs deal with ITV and every year they try and find them something to do, but it's virtually always shit. One of the challneges on this the other night was having 50 blokes carrying briefcases, one of which had a winning number in, and they were walking around while Leona Lewis sang her latest single, but you had to keep your eye on the winning briefcase to see where it was when she stopped singing. Baffled by the shitness.

They signed a 2 year deal in 2009 for £20m.. It due for a renewal in November.

When was the last time there was anything worth watching on TV on a Saturday night?

Sat6 when I was 13 (17 years ago) is about it.

British telly is the worst it's ever been, it's just an absolute fact. My mate called it right when he said the stuff on telly now, is the kind of stuff Tarrent on TV and Clive James used to showcase as being on telly in Japan or Denmark or some shit and we'd all laugh, now it's here.

Yes

The-Bill-006.jpg

No

article-1260871-03A7E5720000044D-690_224x393.jpg

Yes

minder.jpg

No

_45372656_minder512.jpg