You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stewart Lees Comedy Vehicle

Im sure there was another thread on this but I cant find it.

I'm really enjoying this and think hes one of the most intelligent comedians out there.

He's done four episodes so far and I think they're all on bbc iplayer,give it a look,he's a bit different but a welcome relief from sh*te like Michael McIntyre.

The last one, where that bloke walks out with about a minute of the show left, is superb. He is genuinely angry but still very, very funny. Love the idea of him not letting the public anymore as they're a liability. "There has to be a way of cutting you out of this equation".

The last one, where that bloke walks out with about a minute of the show left, is superb. He is genuinely angry but still very, very funny. Love the idea of him not letting the public anymore as they're a liability. "There has to be a way of cutting you out of this equation".

'I dont like Al Qaeda.I like good old fashioned British terrorists like the IRA.......even though they didnt want to be!' Class.

He's the best stand-up in the country. I saw him play last night at The Royal Albert Hall, a one-off 3 hour show in which he did most of the current series' material.

Obviously it was awesome.

And oddly, the bit Monty's talking about I've only just watched on Sky Plus - and it is phenomenally amusing - and I left last night at almost exactly the same point.

Although he didn't see me.

Love Stewart Lee, been a big fan since his Lee/Herring days with Fists of Fun...which apparenetly a best of DVD is coming out at Christamas so I cant wait ! Check out his 31st Best Comedian DVD and he opens on a 9/11 riff...the best stand up around today !

Love Stewart Lee, been a big fan since his Lee/Herring days with Fists of Fun...which apparenetly a best of DVD is coming out at Christamas so I cant wait ! Check out his 31st Best Comedian DVD and he opens on a 9/11 riff...the best stand up around today !

You'd be surprised,or maybe not,how much better Lee is than Herring now.

I too started watching fist of fun and think Stewart Lee has improved massively from then,he was still good back then too though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quality:

David Baddiel has warned me, in an unsolicited e-mail, that I am now too well known to do jokes about people because I will meet them and find they are all right, really. He has underestimated the full extent of my anti-social nature.

I saw him doing try-out stuff for his autumn tour in the Soho Theatre the other week - just amazing. He starts off with a fresh Bin Laden riff. Whereas the last series was very very clever with a few belly laughs, this newer stuff is laugh out loud funny first and clever second (if that makes sense). He is an utter genius.

• 2 years later...

Went to see him last week on his new tour and he was magnificent. I was laughing for such solid periods that my face was hurting (which I wasn't expecting at all given his recent style of delivery).

If you get the opportunity to go then you should grab it with both hands.

Went to see him last week on his new tour and he was magnificent. I was laughing for such solid periods that my face was hurting (which I wasn't expecting at all given his recent style of delivery).

If you get the opportunity to go then you should grab it with both hands.

I'm going to see him next Sunday at the Philharmonic Hall.

Saw him in the Lowry, Salford on Friday, was absolutely hilarious.  And bar a 5 minute rant about Liverpool (which I suspect was just him playing up to the audience) I was very impressed altogether, looking forward to the next series.  Disappointed about the Liverpool-bashing mind, he didn't go as far as to say we were a "self-pity city" but he might as well have done, just thought he was better than that.

Saw him in the Lowry, Salford on Friday, was absolutely hilarious.  And bar a 5 minute rant about Liverpool (which I suspect was just him playing up to the audience) I was very impressed altogether, looking forward to the next series.  Disappointed about the Liverpool-bashing mind, he didn't go as far as to say we were a "self-pity city" but he might as well have done, just thought he was better than that.

Going to see him at the Philharmonic on Sunday....Ill report back if he does a Manchester slating bit !

It was related to a part of the show where he was talking about Paul Nuttall from UKIP coming out with some bigoted comments about Bulgarians telling them to go back to where they came from where they belong, unfortunately this chap is from Liverpool and Stewart Lee said he should go back to Liverpool where he belongs... seems like it was a pretty integral part of the show and I would imagine it airing on Comedy Vehicle.

Said something along the lines of us blaming someone else for Paul Nuttall which I was very disappointed in altogether, then said something about our "famous Scouse sense of humour" when he tells the same 'gag' in Liverpool.

As I say though, it was a cracking show as a whole save that one line.  I'll be very interested to hear how the Liverpool show goes actually mate, report back!

It wasn't that heavy though really. I was more miffed with his dig at Lauren Laverne. No need, the poor lass is gutted too.