You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stewart Lees Comedy Vehicle

I can't undo it and it's killing me.

Let’s leave the final word to the comedian Stewart Lee:

‘I’ve been doing one of my hobbies, which is to question shopkeepers and market-stall holders who persist in misusing the possessive apostrophe, like where it says “carrot’s 30p”.  I find that stall-holder and say, “Oh, can I see the 30p that belongs to the carrot, and the carrot that is so sophisticated that it actually owns 30p?  I’d like to see that, a carrot that understands the concept of accumulating wealth.  Come on, where are they?  Or shall I prosecute you under the Advertising Standards Act for advertising a product that doesn’t exist?  Oh, I see, I see, you didn’t mean that.  You meant that carrots cost 30p.   Well, why didn’t you say that?”’

https://www.global-lingo.com/news-apostrophes/

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Going to watch Content Provider tonight.

I still think his routine about the Americans youtube "real or not real?" comments about Osama Bin Laden is one of the funniest things i have ever seen.  Up there with his Ang Lee phone call and vomiting into Jesus routines. 

• 4 years later...
50 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Got myself a ticket for Saturday night. 

The bird wouldn’t even understand him let alone find him funny so going on my own. 

Few beers beforehand, pint in the interval and a curry for one after. 

I’ll look a complete sad cunt but I can’t wait. 

I remember a few years ago watching one of his shows on the TV. As I'm laughing away at stuff she's looking at my like I've gone mad saying she doesn't get it, he's not even telling jokes.

Enjoy your night mate, sounds ace.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I remember a few years ago watching one of his shows on the TV. As I'm laughing away at stuff she's looking at my like I've gone mad saying she doesn't get it, he's not even telling jokes.

Enjoy your night mate, sounds ace.

Put a YouTube video of him on to try and talk her into it. 

20 minutes into it, he’s constantly repeating himself, is nowhere near a punchline and she’s already snoring. 

I’ll definitely be going alone. 

• 11 months later...

I have two spare tickets to see the great man Stewart Lee at the Liverpool philharmonic tomorrow night.

Unfortunately I can’t go as I am in India (I forgot about this.)

They are e-tickets and can be transferred.

25 quid each if anyone wants them (less than face value).