You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stewart Lees Comedy Vehicle

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Mack funny? Nah. Tim Vine funny? Is he fuck. Disappointed to see someone like Monty say he is funny. Anyone who needs to pull a face to demonstarte that a gag has been told for their whole routine isn't that funny. Each to their own though I suppose.

I had the Comedy Vehicle on Sky+ series record but for some reason it only recorded the first two shows. I reckon the other half had to choose between something she wanted to record and this, she obviously made the wrong fucking choice.

I shall be looking around to make sure I get to watch the missed episodes thugh.

I watched the first one last night and enjoyed, and it was also a clear indicator that the missus had cancelled the series record because she didn't get it and only laughed once. She did say that Lee was right about Mack though.

I  also followRichard Herring on Soundcloud and he puts a lot of his material and discussions on there for us to listen to.

• Upvote 1

Lee Mack's outstanding when it comes to stand-up. Even going off script and fucking around with the audience he's superb. I generally like darker comedy and less mainstream stuff but even with that preference I still think Lee Mack is excellent. Tim Vine's stand up is decent too. Might not be everyone's taste but it's still a decent act.

I'll admit i did once laugh at a few of Lee Mack's jokes. And I did watch a few of his clips last night to see if I could raise a few more giggles.

But alas I just find him a bit Eric Morecambe with his facial expressions and "ho-ho" like persona. All he is missing is the thick rimmed glasses and the option to mess with them to further encentuate his gag.

I find Tim Vine extremely tedious and boring with his delivery, he's no Stewart Francis that's for sure.

Not Going Out was absolute cack and I suppose that is where my dislike for Mack has stemmed from, Vine I have never enjoyed. i think it is his miserable face. I don't mind that sort of stand up as I find Mickey Flanagan really funny. 

Mack’s alright on panel shows, but he’s no Sean Lock.

Lee Mack funny? Nah. Tim Vine funny? Is he fuck. Disappointed to see someone like Monty say he is funny. Anyone who needs to pull a face to demonstarte that a gag has been told for their whole routine isn't that funny. Each to their own though I suppose.

I had the Comedy Vehicle on Sky+ series record but for some reason it only recorded the first two shows. I reckon the other half had to choose between something she wanted to record and this, she obviously made the wrong fucking choice.

I shall be looking around to make sure I get to watch the missed episodes thugh.

I watched the first one last night and enjoyed, and it was also a clear indicator that the missus had cancelled the series record because she didn't get it and only laughed once. She did say that Lee was right about Mack though.

I also followRichard Herring on Soundcloud and he puts a lot of his material and discussions on there for us to listen to.

Richard Herring is not funny,hes no Stewart Lee!

I saw Herring a couple of years ago and hes an average stand up. He appears to be a good comedy writer though,from what Ive heard.

Herring and Lee will always be compared and grouped together for obvious reasons, but the former himself jokes about the fact he's not in the same league as Lee - who is, what he does with comedy is very rare.

I think Herring's a good comedian, and like Lee creates and tours a completely new act every year to coincide with The Fringe, where he is either among or stands alone as the longest-running current comic to do so; no mean feat.

Made me laugh a lot when I went to see him.

Saw Herring last Friday and was disappointed. Not his best stuff by a long way. Shame

Were you at didcot as well?

I didnt think he was great - I sat next to a couple who didnt laugh through the whole thing (apologies if that was you!)