You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eurovision Song Contest

RedinSweden

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

When I was there Roby was Posh. I lived just off Princess Drive. Or you may have well called it  Beirut. I got a car. A shitty old mini metro and I literally had to stay up at night with a bat or it would get nicked. I could barely start it myself but these cunts would try.

A few decent cars about but it was not about money just nick stuff for  laughs. Cunts.

The road by the station is nice and quiet. Despite it being classed by most people as mega rough the house prices are still quite high. 

Princess drive is weird, there's a few houses down the far end that have tin roofs like houses in the Aussie outback!

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

My sister lives off Bluebell, as do a couple of mates, and I've got family in Longview. I lived off Woolfall Heath as a young un.

Bad bits and good bits in all. It's the people that make it, and despite the amount of nobheads, they're mostly sound.

I lived on Southdean Rd and my next door neighbour burgled my house when I was away. I had asked him to keep an eye on the place as i thought he was sound. he nicked all my cd's and like a complete tit never took the cash stashed in the cupboard. He ran and I never heard anything else about it. Hope he enjoyed my shit music collection.

42 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Princess drive is weird, there's a few houses down the far end that have tin roofs like houses in the Aussie outback!

Prefab houses built after the war mate. My arl fella told me about them. There were similar ones on Queens Drive and up in Prescot.

2 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I got a car. A shitty old mini metro and I literally had to stay up at night with a bat or it would get nicked.

image.gif

2 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I lived on Southdean Rd and my next door neighbour burgled my house when I was away. I had asked him to keep an eye on the place as i thought he was sound. he nicked all my cd's and like a complete tit never took the cash stashed in the cupboard. He ran and I never heard anything else about it. Hope he enjoyed my shit music collection.

So he moved house, just upped and left his life, because he nicked some CD’s while you were away. We know you’re a hard man, Anny, but this is next level. 

I used to love Huyton Village. It was only five minutes from ours in Netherley. We left before the Asda went up and all the new shops were put in. I went home one Christmas, saw all the changes and felt like Elf when he thinks he sees Santa.

Walking through Waverley station there and there are rakes of fit birds getting the train down for this by the looks of it.

Why can't they be into Charles Mingus & The Mahavishnu Orchestra instead of shitey Euro pop?

10/12 a few guesses involved. Probably will be the highlight of my day.

As an aside, saw a house for sale the other week on Huyton Church Road, back of police station, close to Huyton train station. £750000 they wanted for it. Shocked I was. 

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Walking through Waverley station there and there are rakes of fit birds getting the train down for this by the looks of it.

Why can't they be into Charles Mingus & The Mahavishnu Orchestra instead of shitey Euro pop?

The trains are on strike so they may be a fucked.

I’m not a Eurovision fan but all I have heard and read is constant praise for the city. I’m not in Liverpool but calls back home have all been positive about the atmosphere around the place. It sounds like it’s been loads of fun and has given us loads of positive attention at home and abroad which can only ever be a good thing. I’ve got mates back home who are music snobs and in bands but think it’s been a great laugh.

Its so refreshing to hear good news coming out of the city and everyone singing it’s praises. I also sounds like they have done the Ukraine proud with reminders everywhere and a massive emphasis on why it is actually being held in Liverpool.

It makes me proud to be from the city despite the fact I don’t live there anymore. The last time I watch a full Eurovision was probably in 97 when I was 13. I was going on a school holiday to France and left at 1130 at night on a coach and Eurovision was on in the house and I was sitting by the front door with my bags haha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I’m not a Eurovision fan but all I have heard and read is constant praise for the city. I’m not in Liverpool but calls back home have all been positive about the atmosphere around the place. It sounds like it’s been loads of fun and has given us loads of positive attention at home and abroad which can only ever be a good thing. I’ve got mates back home who are music snobs and in bands but think it’s been a great laugh.

Its so refreshing to hear good news coming out of the city and everyone singing it’s praises. I also sounds like they have done the Ukraine proud with reminders everywhere and a massive emphasis on why it is actually being held in Liverpool.

It makes me proud to be from the city despite the fact I don’t live there anymore. The last time I watch a full Eurovision was probably in 97 when I was 13. I was going on a school holiday to France and left at 1130 at night on a coach and Eurovision was on in the house and I was sitting by the front door with my bags haha

After some checking, it appears the last time we won Eurovision was in 1997 with Karina and the waves. 

It seems that I’m the Eurovision rabbits foot. I’m gonna watch it and see if it is me who is the Eurovision megastar!!!