You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Osama is dead

It was the CIA and they have a mandate to operate in Pakistan which has been approved by the Pakistani government. Also the Pakistani government allowed them in by ordering the helocopters to not be shot out of the air.

The Pakistani government have been protesting against this sort of action for a while now as it has killed twice as many civis, women and children as the targets theyve said they were trying to kill. Its still illegal to do it, international law strictly forbids it, its called extra judical killing. I also listed other clear contraventions of the law you didnt comment on but probably saved me some time explaining them in detail to you.

Secondly are you going to suggest that Pakistan is going to have a war with the USA because it gone and shot their copters out of the air? Get real.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think he'll be far more powerful and dangerous as a martyr in death than anything he was capable of in his lifetime.

Like Toothy says, it will only serve to inspire others who hold the same ideals and beliefs. He probably had no direct involvement with the 9/11 atrocities.

Things will get a lot worse.

Have to agree with this.

While it was a necessary action to kill him, I'm a little suprised given the inevitable revenge attacks that it wasn't kept hush hush.

In terms of dealing with the here & now threat of Islamic Terrorism, all this has done is put a big fat target sign on the US and its Embassy's.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." --Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yes, I would like to know why I'm a fucking clown. What exactly is it about what I've said that is so clownish?

It certainly seems to me that you're unable to make a coherent or cogent argument to back-up your stance. Coherence isn't extraneous.

Oh, nice one. A quick question: Do you think saying that you 'can't be arsed' and telling people to 'fuck off' makes it appear that you're more capable of making a credible argument, or less? Just wondering.

I don't know anything of the sort. I've never seen you back-up and argument on the GF. You had the same sort of pop at me a while back.

Your argument amounts to insults and telling people to fuck off. It doesn't speak favourably about your cleverness, awareness, capability or coherency. It says, to me at least, that you are juvenile and incapable of backing up your assertions with any sort of logic.

Sure, I'll get right on that. Soon. Thanks for the neg to remind me to 'FUCK OFF' though, it'll come in handy.

Good stuff.

I'm just bemused that because i don't, you think it means that I can't.

When all the evidence would suggest that I can. But don't.

Work that one out.

Here's a fucking clue: I don't GIVE a fuck.

Revenge Attacks? they still wanted to attack America anyway before bin Laden got killed, i doubt this has give them some motivation because they had been losing interest, US embassies have a target on them anyway

they would launch attacks every single day if they could

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Good stuff.

I'm just bemused that because i don't, you think it means that I can't.

When all the evidence would suggest that I can. But don't.

Work that one out.

Here's a fucking clue: I don't GIVE a fuck.

What evidence? The only time I've ever seen you post on anything political is to call me a clown or tell me to fuck off.

The Pakistani government have been protesting against this sort of action for a while now as it has killed twice as many civis, women and children as the targets theyve said they were trying to kill. Its still illegal to do it, international law strictly forbids it, its called extra judical killing. I also listed other clear contraventions of the law you didnt comment on but probably saved me some time explaining them in detail to you.

Secondly are you going to suggest that Pakistan is going to have a war with the USA because it gone and shot their copters out of the air? Get real.

Pakistan had officials going around the houses telling people to stay indoors while the shit was going down, so they were involved in the operation.

With regards to the war in Iraq I have already had those discusions with you and as i have stated what humanity does to itself stinks.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Of course you don't.

Maybe you didn't hear properly, tb. He doesn't 'GIVE' a fuck. It's all in the capitalisation.

Revenge Attacks? they still wanted to attack America anyway before bin Laden got killed, i doubt this has give them some motivation because they had been losing interest, US embassies have a target on them anyway

they would launch attacks every single day if they could

Well exactly, time will tell what will happen, I can say what I think is likely but I cant see how it makes it one bit better.

If the USA wants to stop terrorists the easiest way is to admit you have a problem, stop being a terrorist and committing terrorist acts and that will more than halve the problem for a kick off. Killing Bin Laden wont stop another 9/11 the only way to do that is by not giving them the victims to prey on, start obeying and respecting international law and give the Palestinians some basic human rights along with the Yemenese, the rest of the Arab world and Africa. Stop arming and funding dicators and coup de tat's to get a few quid off the price of petrol and live within its means. Thats a few basic things which would be a start, killing Osama BL is not going to make a difference on any meaningful level.

Pakistan had officials going around the houses telling people to stay indoors while the shit was going down, so they were involved in the operation.

With regards to the war in Iraq I have already had those discusions with you and as i have stated what humanity does to itself stinks.

Where did you get that from mate. I never heard that and I seriously doubt it. Not being funny but have you got a link.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Well exactly, time will tell what will happen, I can say what I think is likely but I cant see how it makes it one bit better.

If the USA wants to stop terrorists the easiest way is to admit you have a problem, stop being a terrorist and committing terrorist acts and that will more than halve the problem for a kick off. Killing Bin Laden wont stop another 9/11 the only way to do that is by not giving them the victims to prey on, start obeying and respecting international law and give the Palestinians some basic human rights along with the Yemenese, the rest of the Arab world and Africa. Stop arming and funding dicators and coup de tat's to get a few quid off the price of petrol and live within its means. Thats a few basic things which would be a start, killing Osama BL is not going to make a difference on any meaningful level.

Quoted for troof. I'm going to call it toof troof. As in 'Aww, Dawg. You done got toof troof'd'.

Where did you get that from mate. I never heard that and I seriously doubt it. Not being funny but have you got a link.

I was watching it on Al Jazeera, they were talking about how much the pakistanis knew about it and said that things will be fine between them as Pakistan allowed it to happen, i.e. allowing the helo's in and keeping people in their houses.

The US under Obama is desperate to get out of Afghanistan and now have the perfect mission complete reason to negotiate with the taliban

Just out of curiosity do you keep these discusions with random strangers only for internet forums or have / do you also have them with strangers in the pub over a pint?

The US under Obama is desperate to get out of Afghanistan and now have the perfect mission complete reason to negotiate with the taliban

The Afghanistan government also want the USA out of there ASAP, they see the occupation as a problem now and are wanting to start to negotiate peace talks with the Taaliban to get shut of the USA and others.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Was it just me that read that in a Joe Pesci voice?

Clownish how? That stuttering prick!

The Afghanistan government also want the USA out of there ASAP, they see the occupation as a problem now and are wanting to start to negotiate peace talks with the Taaliban to get shut of the USA and others.

The best thing for the world right now and for Obamas legacy would be for the US and it's allies to get the fuck out of the Muslim world. Aggressive withdrawl.

So could Pakistan have said no? Not realistically. The going round and telling the retird generals and their families to stay indoors was not really anything. They have been protesting about the US specificallly taking out extra judical killings in its borders, if you think the USA is going to forewarn Pakistan about this you have some imagination, only a few people in the US government knew about this. They certainly weren't going to risk losing Bin Laden again by letting it leak.

When its our crimes that's a terrible fact of humanity but when its others' it's ok to kill them without evidence? Isnt that the kind of logic that gets us into these messes?

Maybe you didn't hear properly, tb. He doesn't 'GIVE' a fuck. It's all in the capitalisation.

I can never be a capitalist. It goes against my principles. I even failed as a pimp because I am little hard of whoring. But I could GIVE a fuck!

Just out of curiosity do you keep these discusions with random strangers only for internet forums or have / do you also have them with strangers in the pub over a pint?

Nar, just killing time in work until they catch and fire me for it. I hate my job and aren't motivated enough to update my CV and apply for other jobs or set something up, so hey ho. Maybe I'll buy you a pint when that happens to celebrate winning my freedom

Celebrating landing on on the US is probably a bit daft, but a bit understandable. It's daft because you know they're going to lash out insome hugely stupid way. I'm amazed they didn't carpet bomb a boeing factory after 11/9, because they make planes.

It's a bit different usually though, because of the vast difference in power between the two. That and the fact that there's about a one in three chance that the people celebrating have been fucked in the arse by the US recently. If they haven't had their democratically elected leader killed or deposed, they've probably seen their enemy funded in some way or their school drone-bombed. It's so short sighted, but then if you are thinking that they actually don't want the violence to continue then you've already taken the wrong path. On the news they should caption all the pictures of dead kids from Turbanistan and Arabistan with the party funding from arms companies. I think it would look kinda cool.

I hold the US to a higher standard than some mental mullah in Pakistan, what with them being the most powerful civilisation in history and claiming to stand for liberty and freedom. You should too.

Yeah. That's happened loads of times. Pfffft.