You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Wouldn't mind if they got De Boer. He's very similar to Martinez in a sense. He's very idealistic and slightly naive in that he usually thinks he can try to play free-flowing possession football against any side in the world. He's one-dimensional and the Ajax fans were getting pretty sick of him and wanted him out. He'll have the respect of most players because he was a very good player himself but he's also a bit of a cunt apparently. 

There's a small chance he would turn them into an attacking machine but most likely Everton would face the same problems under De Boer than they had under BBS.

Wouldn't mind if they got De Boer. He's very similar to Martinez in a sense. He's very idealistic and slightly naive in that he usually thinks he can try to play free-flowing possession football against any side in the world. He's one-dimensional and the Ajax fans were getting pretty sick of him and wanted him out. He'll have the respect of most players because he was a very good player himself but he's also a bit of a cunt apparently. 

There's a small chance he would turn them into an attacking machine but most likely Everton would face the same problems under De Boer than they had under BBS.

Don't know enough about De Boers tactics etc, but I find it hard to believe that the Ajax fans wanted a man out, who took them to their 1st title in 7 years in his 1st season (he took over in the December) & then went on to make it 4 on the row. A poor season last season & then losing out this season by failing to win their last game. I can find no evidence of the fans wanting him out. Your making that part up.

Don't know enough about De Boers tactics etc, but I find it hard to believe that the Ajax fans wanted a man out, who took them to their 1st title in 7 years in his 1st season (he took over in the December) & then went on to make it 4 on the row. A poor season last season & then losing out this season by failing to win their last game. I can find no evidence of the fans wanting him out. Your making that part up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3njw1n/discussion_is_all_the_criticism_ajax_and_de_boer/

Read this Reddit post for more info.

He got little criticism from the press, but a lot of fans thought the style of football was too slow and felt he was holding the team back to a certain extent. He basically wants his teams to play conservative sideways passing football, a bit like Van Gaal.

Here's an example: The football is terrible, but it's not as bad as last season. Ajax create a lot more chances than last year. The Molde tie was embarrassing, sure, but they could've scored more. I think generally though Ajax hasn't been playing attractive enough under De Boer, the players look scared and hardly ever reach potential. De Boer also makes weird tactical choices. (For example, Blind and Anita only got to play in the 'right' position afters others got injured, it wasn't hist tactical insight.)

in conclusion: I wouldn't mind if De Boer left. I would be sad if the hard work on De Toekomst was all for nothing.

My mate wangled a freebie for the Everton awards tonight. He found out it was cancelled due to the sacking as he was heading to it, about 20 yards away from the entrance. He's on his way back home now.

I'm crying here, out of rep.  Can just imagine the fume!