You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

City have the biggest squad in the league they should be made to play whoever is passed safe.

Do they have to have number of positive test results ratified?

Reckon they have cases but are trying it on to get called off because don't want to play twice in 48 hrs

3 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Thought the agreement at the start of the season was that you played anyone who'd tested negative even if it was the under-8's?

Thought it was 14 fit players including any U23s who had first team experience and games had to go ahead. Unless city have at least 12 players with a positive test, this is a joke or the PL have changed the rules again?

1 minute ago, Herp McDerp said:

Think the above is a bit far fetched, they have anothet 5 positive cases apparently.

Aren't there rules in place that say if you have x number of fit and healthy players you play....?

All i am saying is i'd imagine they would be making a case not to play based on the turnaround and trying to push line of rule to not play.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Aren't there rules in place that say if you have x number of fit and healthy players you play....?

All i am saying is i'd imagine they would be making a case not to play based on the turnaround and trying to push line of rule to not play.

I'm guessing that the positive cases mean that others will now be forced into isolation until they test negative for a period of time. It'll all come out in the wash over the next few days anyway.

5 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

I'm guessing that the positive cases mean that others will now be forced into isolation until they test negative for a period of time. It'll all come out in the wash over the next few days anyway.

Manchester City FC can confirm that this evening’s Premier League fixture at Everton has been postponed.

After the latest round of Covid-19 testing, the club returned a number of positive cases, in addition to the four already reported on Christmas Day

With the security of the bubble compromised, there posed a risk that the virus could spread further amongst the squad, the staff and potentially beyond.

Based on strong medical advice the Premier League, in consultation with both clubs, have decided to postpone the fixture.

All positive cases involving players and staff will observe a period of self-isolation in accordance with Premier League and UK Government protocol on quarantine. The first team training ground at City Football Academy will close for an indeterminate period, with the squad and associated bubble undergoing testing before any decision is made for training to resume.

Everyone at the Club wishes all of our colleagues a speedy recovery ahead of their return to work, training and competition.