You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Somehow, they were more up for ensuring their survival than we were in potentially winning a title.

Grim. 

Yep. Pathetic. Shithouse performances. Just weak and pathetic. Just playing scared with no authority.

36 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

That's the narrative now. The irony that even in this most disappointing of seasons we've won a trophy will be lost on them. 

Feel sick about yesterday. Proper 90s dogs of War capitulation. Fucking awful. 

If the roles were reversed there would be quite a few reds singing that. We should book our players in for surgery to have a backbone fitted . As for them this is their one ray of sunlight before they slide down the black hole.

9 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Somehow, they were more up for ensuring their survival than we were in potentially winning a title.

Grim. 

Wrong, they have been appalling and uninspired in the main. Last night was a one off performance.

57 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Awww they've even made a little song "you lost the league at goodison park" quite regardless of the fact we'd already lost it. They try so hard to be relevant. 

They tried that narrative in 2019 (when we won our last 9 league games after drawing the derby).

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Awww they've even made a little song "you lost the league at goodison park" quite regardless of the fact we'd already lost it. They try so hard to be relevant. 

We haven’t lost it yet. 

1 hour ago, The wanderer said:

If the roles were reversed there would be quite a few reds singing that. We should book our players in for surgery to have a backbone fitted . As for them this is their one ray of sunlight before they slide down the black hole.

Yeah we sung similar at the mancs when Ince (shudders) got that equaliser in the 2 all. I’m sure they went on to win the league that year? 97? Or was it 98 and Arsenal won it? Regardless it was small time then and small time now but they deserve something to smile about because we were abysmal last night. 

Anyway it’s not over until the fat lady sings and I didn’t hear Rooney belt a tune out after the match so keep the faith 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We haven’t lost it yet. 

Yeah we sung similar at the mancs when Ince (shudders) got that equaliser in the 2 all. I’m sure they went on to win the league that year? 97? Or was it 98 and Arsenal won it? Regardless it was small time then and small time now but they deserve something to smile about because we were abysmal last night. 

Anyway it’s not over until the fat lady sings and I didn’t hear Rooney belt a tune out after the match so keep the faith 

His hooker did though. It's over.

I'm doing my best to stay out of these conversations, but one thing strikes me.

Van Dijk isn't much of a captain when the chips are down is he? Bit of a shithouse to be honest.

As much as this will piss some posters off, if we'd had a Henderson or preferably Milner as Captain would we have surrendered so meekly?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

His hooker did though. It's over.

“you like that yeah”

”yeah baby give it to me, want me to call you daddy?”

”no I want you to sing “we’ll meet again” 

3 minutes ago, etho said:

We don’t have a general in the middle. City have Rodri and Arsenal have Rice. 
I thought Dom might be that guy but he just isn’t. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Endo should have started that last night. It was never going to be a ball on the floor football match. We needed some bollocks. 

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Van Dijk isn't much of a captain when the chips are down is he? Bit of a shithouse to be honest.

As much as this will piss some posters off, if we'd had a Henderson or preferably Milner as Captain would we have surrendered so meekly?

As well as mental strength, it's also the ability to recognise when stuff isn't working during a match and to try something different.  We've been absolutely shit at that recently and it's bounced us out of three competitions in about a month.

12 minutes ago, etho said:

We don’t have a general in the middle. City have Rodri and Arsenal have Rice. 
I thought Dom might be that guy but he just isn’t. 

It was clear in the summer we didn't have anyone and it was fanciful to expect endo to do it. But none of us were expecting a title challenge and part of the end of season frustration is born out of challenging and then failing. For me last night was a bit different because this wasn't really about football, it was about hunger, they just wanted to get to the ball more than we did. 

25 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I don't think you are wrong here and it's been in my thoughts as well recently, he's been our most reliable CB this season and looked a lot closer to peak VVD but I've felt he's disappeared as captain a lot of times when things aren't going to plan, I also think he could do more to be in the refs face/ear during games when I compare him to other captains.

I work in Salford. It's a big office. Can hear a scouse accent then someone says " well done last night set league up for us "

I've managed to get an Everton fan who normally works in our Liverpool office sat opposite me. 

To be fair hearing him talk he's been taking his lad years and only ever seen them score twice 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I thought about Henderson and Milner myself. Just having that experience would have been helpful,but Henderson made his own bed so he can shit in it. I just think our midfield is too small and physically weak. Macca,Endo and Elliott are there to be got at physically and have been overran a few times in the last couple of months. We did well enough to keep our challenge going for this long and hopefully the experience will benefit the younger players too.

• Upvote 1