You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 30/03/2024 at 18:53, an tha said:

A good few of the ones i know have started to increasingly cling to the 70 years or whatever it is since weren't in the top flight.

Claiming this is something to boast about and is all that matters as nobody outside 'the cartel' is allowed to compete, so being the longest reigning top flight side makes them special.

Leicester shouts and other clubs who have won trophies in the last 29 years are shouted down with 'they have been relegated' or 'where are they now'....Shouts about how well Brighton for example are doing are met with 'they'll be back down soon'

You have to sort of admire their neck. But i want them flushed so badly so as to take away this last desperate straw they clutch at....

If they don’t like what “the cartel” does, they only need to remember this: They were literally part of “the cartel”, or “the Big Five” as the original clubs who wanted a Super League were known as. 
In 11 seasons leading up to the Premier League being founded, only four teams won the title - and Leeds weren’t part of the Big Five by any means (they’d spent most of that time in the old Second Division, and the breakaway was already agreed by the time they were crowned). 
The trouble is that after 1987 the Bloos got worse almost every single season, until by the time the Premier League began - despite spending big money, including breaking the transfer record to sign Tony fucking Cottee. 
Everton would love to be part of “the cartel”. The only reason they’re not is because they’ve been inept at winning football matches for most of the last 35 years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

Screenshot_20240331_201954_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240331_202011_Samsung Internet.jpg

To the layman, it's a clear case of financial rule breaking and mismanagement; but...now...if I put on my foaming blueshite costume then it's clearly orchestrated corruption and bias against the people's own club! 

Nothing to see here. Just some casual racism from a travel company who run Everton fans to away games and leave from outside the Brick Pub. The pub are trying to disassociate themselves from the travel company, suggesting they aren’t involved with them, but at the same time trying to defend this by saying the guy will have tweeted it out of frustration at people who shouldn’t have tickets (not regular fans) attending aways.

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nothing to see here. Just some casual racism from a travel company who run Everton fans to away games and leave from outside the Brick Pub. The pub are trying to disassociate themselves from the travel company, suggesting they aren’t involved with them, but at the same time trying to defend this by saying the guy will have tweeted it out of frustration at people who shouldn’t have tickets (not regular fans) attending aways.

image.jpeg

If anything, the eye AIDS is worse that the casual racism

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

image.jpeg

More on that here....some very interesting but not at all surprising replies:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Everton/comments/1bsf68n/why_when_were_utter_dross_do_the_racists_in_our/?share_id=JvO7ZuzVyR2xFjhOMkiSC&utm_content=1&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

image.jpeg

Shall I bother trying to understand this? No, I shall not.

Just now, Pidge said:

Rhyming slang for a person of Asian descent.

Oh ok. Clever that.

My mates a sound blue who won’t go on coaches for aways. Hasn’t for years after seeing people do monkey noises and gestures, and using all the vile racist words you can imagine. He said it was like they were doing it to shock.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Those at the top, quelle surprise…

Despite the challenges facing the club staff Despite the challenges facing the club staff numbers going up. Highest paid director earned £3.25m including severance pay of £2.5m £2.5m

I'm gonna go serve the papers papers

Goodfellas-Jimmy-Two-Times.jpg

Is it starting to sink in?

They seemed to forget its only a extra 15,000 seats they got for the new stadium and they'll never be able to charge London prices for tickets or the fact they chase off non local fans on the whole

15,000 extra tickets at £50 a pop for 20 home games a season only generates around 15ml extra in revenue. Whats the interest on the stadium loans likely to be. They are like the idiot i used to work with who took out a mortage for a house he couldn't afford with paperwork from a dodgy Greek finance guy. Then rented the house out for £300 a month less than the mortage

Untitled.png