You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Article in The Echo today on Barkley, starting with this:

"Ross Barkley is 19.  A cursory glance at Wikipedia, or the Everton FC matchday programme might say otherwise, but in the way it counts, in football terms, Ross Barkley is 19."

A cursory glance at his birth certificate may say otherwise, but we do not allow fact to stand in the way of bleating.  #evertonaren'twe

Just had a look on his Wikioedia and saw this fantastic addition

Personal life[edit]

Barkley grew up in the Scouse area of Liverpool.[33]

After years of prayer, God grants an audience to a diehard Everton fan. He says the fan can ask 3 questions. Evertonian asks if there'll ever be a cure for cancer. God answers, " Yes, my son, but not in your lifetime." Fan thinks a bit and asks God if there will ever be world peace. God answers, " Yes, my son, but not in your lifetime." Finally, the Evertonian says, "God, I hate to be trivial at a time like this but I'm tired of the bitter defeats we've suffered all these years and I've just got to know: "Will Everton ever win a major trophy again?"

God answers: "Yes, my son, but not in my lifetime."

Nah, at least two of the questions would've been about us.

• Upvote 1

Article in The Echo today on Barkley, starting with this:

"Ross Barkley is 19.  A cursory glance at Wikipedia, or the Everton FC matchday programme might say otherwise, but in the way it counts, in football terms, Ross Barkley is 19."

A cursory glance at his birth certificate may say otherwise, but we do not allow fact to stand in the way of bleating.  #evertonaren'twe

Am I being thick? What does this even mean?

Am I being thick? What does this even mean?

He missed a year's football, so they're allowed to deduct one year from his physical age and judge him accordingly.

Basically, he's 20 years old in reality, but 19 when you put on your bitter glasses.

I still don't understand how much difference it actually makes. Thats bitters for you.

It is indeed a very tenuous attempt at claiming he's better than he is, but as you say, this is the club proud they were first to have undersoil heating.

Apparently Alan Myers -  who sucked up to Hicks when he was covering us for Sky - has now left Everton (as media chief) to join Blackburn (in the same role), having cultivated another chummy relationship with the Venkys. He's his own little moral vacuum.

Apparently Alan Myers -  who sucked up to Hicks when he was covering us for Sky - has now left Everton (as media chief) to join Blackburn (in the same role), having cultivated another chummy relationship with the Venkys. He's his own little moral vacuum.

What can you say? He loves a shithouse owner.

Never had a problem with Martinez, but this is the purest form of self-parody. Fucking hell, they are so incredibly cringe-making. Not been there a year and fully schooled in the self-righteous moral custodian rhetoric.

Everton must wise up to cynical opposition tactics, say Martinez

11 March 2014 10:37 PM By Greg O’Keeffe

Blues were accused of being too nice during their FA Cup quarter final with Arsenal

Everton FC are not a soft touch but must get wise to cynical opposition tactics, says Roberto Martinez.

The Blues were accused of being too nice during their FA Cup quarter final with Arsenal, when they kicked the ball out of play as Mikel Arteta went to ground claiming injury and remonstrating with the referee after a fair challenge by Seamus Coleman.

Official Mark Clattenburg was willing to let Everton play on but they stopped instead, something which angered their manager.

David Rawcliffe/Propaganda

“It was a frustrating moment for me,” he said of the incident during Saturday’s clash at the Emirates. “It’s not that we’re too nice, it’s that we’re a fair team. It’s important for us though to identity when people are playing with that and trying to take advantage.

“That’s something we need to recognise and probably that will come with experience to some of the younger players, but they need to learn that quickly.

“We want to represent our football club with the heritage and history we’re proud of and I’ll never change that.

“If anything we want to be a team that wins with style, without having to look for the small margins in a way which doesn’t represent our history – the game-playing.”

Martinez has previously highlighted how opposition sides have taken advantage of the “small margins” in recent games against his outfit.

And while he does not want his players to emulate such gamesmanship, he has demanded they do not fall victim to it again.

“It happened against Chelsea as well – it’s that hidden know-how that allows players to take advantage,” he added.

“We just need to make sure it doesn’t cost us. I don’t care about us using it but we need to know how not to get disadvantaged by it.

“I’ll never compromise what we represent it terms of winning games.

“But if you have a player that wants to lay on the pitch and moan to the referee we shouldn’t stop the game. Mikel used that to his advantage and we need to be aware of that.

“We should punish that sort of reaction and behaviour with penetrating football and using the players we have on the pitch.

“It’s a lesson to be learned. But it’s a learning curve.”

Some outstanding Evertonian behaviour from a colleague of mine who happens to be a dirty Leeds fan.

Apparently Leeds fans are all delighted Uli Hoeness has been jailed as he was part of the Bayern team which beat Leeds in the European Cup final in 1974. A game in which one of the Leeds players effectively finished Hoeness' playing career with a typically shithouse Leeds tackle. Apparently Hoeness being jailed is 'karma'. Fucking imbeciles.

Leeds supporters are almost as bitter as Evertonians and I fucking love the fact they're pretty much consigned to yet another season in the lower leagues.

Spent a lot of time in Istanbul, from 2005 onwards and spoken a lot of football with people. The question you often get is "But you do hate Leeds though?" You get a nice reaction when you explain that they are utterly irrelevant. Not just Gala fans, events there and the follow-up disgusted Fenerbahce and Besiktas fans just as much. The general view is that the Leeds fans burnt Turkish flags and intimidated locals in Taksim Square and the trouble afterwards was unsurprising - then the events in UK confirmed it for them

Leeds are up there in the cunt stakes no doubt about it

r*ngers

Chelsea

Leeds

Millwall 

Vile vile fans. 

Everton fans by and large aren't vile (apart from the few dickheads who shout about 85 and 89) they are just bitter and twisted. they do have a touch of class from time to time though which can't be ignored 

Utd fans are just cunts. 

Spent a lot of time in Istanbul, from 2005 onwards and spoken a lot of football with people. The question you often get is "But you do hate Leeds though?" You get a nice reaction when you explain that they are utterly irrelevant. Not just Gala fans, events there and the follow-up disgusted Fenerbahce and Besiktas fans just as much. The general view is that the Leeds fans burnt Turkish flags and intimidated locals in Taksim Square and the trouble afterwards was unsurprising - then the events in UK confirmed it for them

I grew up in Bournemouth.  Their rampage down here is infamous.

Happily battering teenagers with AFCB scarves and the like, let alone the vandalism and damage done to vehicles, shops, etc etc.

Utter krill, they're absolutely loathed here.