You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst stand-up comedian ever

silverlining

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Had never heard of him and he came on dressed as a crocodile, but was just completely and utterly unfunny. 

I bump in to so many of his 'type' down here it's alarming.

Parents who did OK, went to a decent University, should have done something else but capitalism kicked him in the dick and he has no spirit as it's been booted out of him at private school, so they fall back on this laconic ennui type personality that stops them owning up to the fact they have no backbone, but it doesn't matter as mummy and daddy can bail them out if it comes to it.

This isn't personality it's a complex, get over it.

Maybe that's why I can't stand the unfunny bastard...

On 22/02/2021 at 13:19, Colonel Kurtz said:

And Mao of course. Maybe 45 million deaths as a result of the Great Leap forward. Or the Ukrainian famine, millions of people deliberately starved and well documented cases of parents eating their own children out of desperation whilst the Western communist parties were turning a blind eye and publicly lauding the Soviets.  Seems an unfortunate coincidence that every time Marxism was implemented, millions of people died but hey ho, never mind, what about the Tories, they're the real evil bastards.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bnsvjdibxmt3q3ab6f5h

• Upvote 1

On 23/02/2021 at 10:02, magicrat said:

Looks like she has escaped from high security halfway though having her head shaved .  A pitiful attempt to be noticed . 

She was already on national telly before she got her hair cut; I'm not sure she needs a haircut to get noticed. 

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

James Acaster was generally seen as the best young comedian some ten years ago.

Kiri Pritchard-McLean. What in God's name is that?

Acaster and Pritchard-McLean are both funny. 

Some of the shouts on this thread are akin to the comments about toes and knees on the fit lasses threads.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Some of the shouts on this thread are akin to the comments about toes and knees on the fit lasses threads.

I went through some pre-covid seasons of tv stand up and her set was so far the only one I eventually fast forwarded, it was brutal. Also on BBC Wales, where she was a compere and she is more annoying than the worst acts on that (and there are some I probably saw for the first and last time). And what's the deal with the ironic leotard? At least I hope it's ironic.

She should have limited her appearances to adoring stares at Frankie Boyle on his show and laughing at his gags.

40 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What?  Irrelevant, fetishistic, missing the point, extremityist?

54 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I thought Acaster was brilliant on taskmaster. It cracked me up when Alex Horne would greet him and Acaster would just blank him every time.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He must have done some monumental stuff in the past then as this was the first I've seen of him and it was horrific.

29 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He must have done some monumental stuff in the past then as this was the first I've seen of him and it was horrific.

He is a bit of an acquired taste, when he appeared he was from an absurdist or "deconstructivist" school of comedy which is more beloved by the critics than the audience. I remember him as sometimes being brilliant, sometimes a complete flop, which happens with this type of comedy when you cannot get it to work. He was very highly rated, probably a bit overrated.

Geoff Norcott. Well meaning but right leaning. Working class Tory from Wimbledon. Given vehicles for his comedy by the Beeb, including turning up on Politics Live to put the boot in to Labour. Grasses on disabled people he suspects of fraud.Votes Tory and for Brexit. 

2 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Geoff Norcott. Well meaning but right leaning. Working class Tory from Wimbledon. Given vehicles for his comedy by the Beeb, including turning up on Politics Live to put the boot in to Labour. Grasses on disabled people he suspects of fraud.Votes Tory and for Brexit. 

Yep. He did a documentary about working class people and comes from some shithole area in London. Votes Tory and Brexit but isn't racist.

Did his routine in front of a few left wing 19 year old students and they didnt laugh once. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yep. He did a documentary about working class people and comes from some shithole area in London. Votes Tory and Brexit but isn't racist.

Did his routine in front of a few left wing 19 year old students and they didnt laugh once. 

Documentary was on middle class, and routine was quite funny, students were some committee which decides what is proper and didn't get the routine at all. Came across as a group of cultural Stalinists. The programme was mostly all over the place, but that bit was actually good. Made you think about generational divide as well.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I went through some pre-covid seasons of tv stand up and her set was so far the only one I eventually fast forwarded, it was brutal. Also on BBC Wales, where she was a compere and she is more annoying than the worst acts on that (and there are some I probably saw for the first and last time). And what's the deal with the ironic leotard? At least I hope it's ironic.

She should have limited her appearances to adoring stares at Frankie Boyle on his show and laughing at his gags.

In fairness, I've never seen her stand-up. I think she's decent enough on the various panel shows I've seen. 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

In fairness, I've never seen her stand-up. I think she's decent enough on the various panel shows I've seen. 

She certainly comes across a lot better when there is some interplay between guests. Many do.

On 16/05/2021 at 14:05, Section_31 said:

Just been watching this and couldn’t agree more. He’s exactly like every British comedian out there now. Watch Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross and 8 cats countdown and you’ll see what I mean.

The men start to tell a Joke then realise it’s dying on its arse very quick so they overdo it so you forget the beginning and make up some shite that goes nowhere for 5 minutes and always ends with a self depreciating tale for a sympathy laugh.

: Lee Mack

: Sean Lock

: Joe Wilkinson

: Rhod Gilbert

: Johnny Vegas

The women always end up with a period joke or over eating.

: Jo Brand

: Sarah Millican

The Middle East / sub continent always end up with a very strict parent who doesn’t get modern culture.

: Romesh Rangathan

: shappi korsandi

There are loads more but watch any of the above twice and you’ve seen their entire act.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 16/05/2021 at 17:08, Geoff Woade said:

Horrific. The epitome of ‘don’t give up your day job’. I can picture that being the evening’s entertainment in hell.

I lasted 30 seconds, during which I laughed as much as the audience. 

That's a painful watch, that. It produces that David Brent reaction of simultaneously pitying the poor fucker and thinking "Shut up you cunt".