You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sausages  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Sausages

Guest ShoePiss

It's mash, in the fry up sausages are up against bacon and black pudding and we all know how tough that is. With the classic sausages, creamy mashed potato and home made gravy the sausage takes centre stage and really shines.

Fry up is the medium of choice, but a good banger works well in the others too.

Of course with egg, brown sauce and on toast they are majestic. But nothing beats a fry up. I know I've been on a fucking diet since new year and would happily give you all up to Somali pirates for a massive gut buster brekkie.

Scuse me, but where's the "all of the above" option?

I do not have to choose. I fucking refuse to choose. Fry-up in the morning, some cold cured continentals with a posh dinner then sausage and creamy mash covered in gravy for tea.

Divisive polls like this are irresponsible at times like this. We need to come together as a country, not emphasize our differences.

Sausages for every meal!!!

• 5 months later...
No option for the humble but succulent sausage sarnie? If I possessed the power of neg, I'd smite thee! Hang your head (and sausage in shame).

Wondering how I missed this thread the last time it came round.

If pressed I would have voted for the Mash option but really you cant beat a good sausage sarnie...but with tea, not milk, for me or a bottle of Becks. Good quality sausages and maybe some fried onions.

Hadn't thought about one for a while. Maybe it's a seasonal thing.....

Guest ShoePiss
Toad in the hole. With mash, peas and onion gravy. There's a farmers market this weekend at Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds. I'll be sorting out some awesome sausageness for Saturday night's dinner. Not tea: Dinner.

At night? Weirdo!

Take 6 sausages, chop each 1 into 5 or 6 pieces. The fry on a medium-high heat until brown.

Take the out and put them on a plate, leaving the sausagy oil in the pan.

Reduce the heat to low. Add 1 large or 2 medium chopped red onions. Fry very slowly until really soft. If there is any bite in them at all, there not done.

Add half a bulb of chopped garlic. Fry for a few more minutes.

Add a teaspoon of dried chilli flakes and a load of dried basil. Give it a good stir.

Put in 2 tins of plum tomatoes. Don't use chopped tomatoes as they are generally shit. After a few minutes, twat the fuck out of them with the back of a slotted spoon and chop them up a bit.

Put the sausages back in and add some salt and pepper.

Cook them dead low for a couple of hours with the lid ajar or off. You need to get rid of most of the water in the tomatoes. If you think of most food being made of 2 things - flavour and water (like dilute orange but in reverse). you'll know what I mean. If they get too dry, add some water. As long as you get the desired end result.

Have with spaghetti. The sausages will melt in your mouth.